Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this election such a dead heat? After 8 years of Bush, it has no right to be

Question Why is this election such a dead heat? After 8 years of Bush, it has no right to be

Honestly.

This should be a Dem slam dunk. 8 years of abject fucking failure on the part of Bush and his cronies.. I mean, the crimes are too numerous to list. Hell, even Dems get up in front of cameras and say "Oh well, Bush broke this and this law but there's not much we can do about it', like it's so expected that it's not a big deal.

Look at the state the US is in. It's in shambles! Why do people want the same policies that caused wars, economic collapse, housing collapse and all the other crap to continue?

That's what boggles my mind. It makes absolutely no sense! It's not rational!

WHY DO PEOPLE WANT THAT TO CONTINUE OR EVEN GET WORSE?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

"better the devil you know than the one you don't."

that's all I can think of. Fear, fear, fear is what the right thrives on. And the fact that black men (and Hilary) scare people.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

It scares them enough that they'd rather have their job taken, their houses taken, and everything to fall to shit?

Seriously?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

I think Fox and Rove and pals have some people still fearful of change, scaring them with Arab Turrurists under every bed.

see.. that's what i don't quite get. Everybody has the same access to information that I do, if they want to look.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well depending on which poll you're looking at, McCain/Palin are up by 10 according to USA Today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/08/bu...nt&oref=slogin

Hit By Ban Bus!

Are those the same polling organizations that said that the polls showed that the race was going to be between Hillary Clinton and Rudy Guilliani in the end?

Like I believe them.

The point still stands; almost a decade of shit, and people want more.

Grimm, some folks don't mind being poor, almost homeless, and hungry as long as they aren't their alone.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

*rubs temples* America gives me a headache.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Believe it or not many of the fundie churches dictate from the pulpit who their followers should vote for. Last week I was visiting a church and the pastor went off on a rant about the evils of the Democratic party and basically ordered everyone to vote for McCain and Palin because Palin was against abortion. They consider abortion the most important issue.

Did anybody think to stand up and say "Hey, you wanna preach politics you can fucking well pay taxes!"

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    Believe it or not many of the fundie churches dictate from the pulpit who their followers should vote for. Last week I was visiting a church and the pastor went off on a rant about the evils of the Democratic party and basically ordered everyone to vote for McCain and Palin because Palin was against abortion. They consider abortion the most important issue.
    That may be true, but a part of me agrees with what ManxMouse alludes to. Perhaps the realization has finally hit some that a man of color may win the most powerful office in the world. This is the kind of backlash I was afraid of, when it comes down to the bigots and closet bigots of either political party, a white woman is far more preferable to a man of color. Maybe 'abortion' or other issues people raise is code for not voting for a man of color.

Maybe I'm some conspiracy nut, but I truly believe that had it been some other white man besides Obama leading the Democratic presidential bid, that John McCain would never have picked an inexperienced woman as that would have been considered risky. In that case McCain would have picked some white male to be his running mate. But I believe he himself believed that he can deliberately or maybe subconsciously work on people's fears of a Black man winning the presidency, that he can "one up" Obama safely by choosing a white woman as his running mate.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

good question; im fucking worried, thankfully i kno some repugs who are voting Obama cuz they want change obviously and a better economy so im hoping this is a trend across the country.

I think part of the reason is because as much as the American public says they hate negative campaigns, the reality is that they work.

Unfortunately, the Democrats have never learned the art of negative campaigning. What they need to learn is how to use other Democrats to do the dirty work. The candidates can stay on point with the issues, while other Democrats act as attack dogs.

It's very difficult to win fighting fair when your opponent is fighting dirty.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information