Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who attended 5 colleges in 6 years?? Sarah Palin

Question Who attended 5 colleges in 6 years?? Sarah Palin

SPOKANE, Wash. - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin attended five colleges in six years before graduating from the University of Idaho in 1987.

Federal privacy laws prohibit the schools from disclosing her grades, and none of the schools contacted by The Associated Press could say why she transferred. There was no indication any of them were contacted as part of the background investigation of Palin by presidential candidate John McCain's campaign.

"Our office was not contacted by anyone," said Tania Thompson, spokeswoman for the University of Idaho in Moscow.
    Palin, the governor of Alaska, was born in Idaho. Her family moved when she was only a few months old to Alaska, where she was raised.

"We were not able to track down club affiliations or anything," Hudson said.

The school identified one of her professors but he did not remember her, Hudson said.

Prior to her selection by McCain, the North Idaho College Alumni Association notified Palin in June she would be the recipient of its 2008-2009 Distinguished Alumni of the Year Award.

From North Idaho College, Palin transferred 70 miles south to the University of Idaho, the state's flagship institution. She majored in journalism with an emphasis in broadcast news. She attended Idaho, whose mascot is the Vandals, from fall 1984 to spring 1985.

She then returned to Alaska to attend Matanuska-Susitna College in Palmer in fall 1985.

Then she returned to Idaho, for spring 1986, fall 1986 and spring 1987, when she graduated. Despite her journalism degree, she does not appear to have worked for the college newspaper or campus television station, school officials said. She worked briefly as a sportscaster for KTUU in Anchorage after she graduated college.

The McCain campaign did not have an immediate comment on Palin's higher education record.

In a recent interview with the school's alumni magazine, before her selection to run on the GOP ticket, she explained that her curiosity and love of writing made journalism a natural choice.

"I was always asking everyone the questions, and I still am today," Palin told the magazine.
    The University of Idaho is taking advantage of Palin's nomination. A prominent photograph of her is featured on the school's Web site.

She began college at Hawaii Pacific University, a private, nonsectarian school in Honolulu. She attended only as a freshman during the fall of 1982, school spokeswoman Crystale Lopez said.

Then known as Sarah Louise Heath, she was in the business administration program as a full-time student, Lopez said.

"We're trying to track down someone who knew her," Lopez added.

From Hawaii Pacific, Palin transferred to North Idaho College, a two-year school in Coeur d'Alene, about 30 miles east of Spokane. She attended the college as a general studies major for two semesters, in spring 1983 and fall 1983, spokeswoman Stacy Hudson said.
    Palin Attended 5 Colleges In 6 Years
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

It is not that easy to transfer. You need all your transcripts and shit. We need to find out if she was flighty or flaky or both
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    It is not that easy to transfer. You need all your transcripts and shit. We need to find out if she was flighty or flaky or both
    Or FLUNKY!

Maybe she was looking for the right college that would prepare her to be a gun-toting beauty queen. That's hard to find as an elective.

I hadn't thought of that. they are hard to find in Hawaii though.

Maybe they kept giving her liberal roommates, so she wanted to find a school where there weren't any..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

It's so creepy to me how much she reminds me of my sister-in-law, who has borderline personality disorder. She never went to college but she cannot sit still to save her life. My brother is divorcing her, and she's has 6 address changes in the last year. She made them move every 3 or 4 months when they first got married. She would sit around and order everyone around during the packing and moving boxes. Like the Queen of Sheba. I think my father and brother helped them move three times in the same apartment complex. BPD's have to keep moving around because they are always using people and discarding them and eventually people get wise to them. Food for thought...

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Maybe Palin is a special needs student?

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    Maybe Palin is a special needs student?
    I think Dubya has that title wrapped up.

Dubya was a student?

A new day, a new story.

Bronze Member

Well, she strikes me as such a bright bulb, I'm sure this was all because she was so intelligent and successful academically that she just wanted to spread her gifts around!

Generally students transfer for one of two reasons...the first is that they miss their families and friends and move to a college closer to their home. The other reason has to do with their happiness at the school...did they make social connections with other students and build a social network and support system? If not, they transfer in hopes of finding "more people they can connect with." Everyone who has ever worked in retention services at a university knows this! My guess is that she didn't make friends at those schools...and so she kept looking. Either that or she slept with the entire football team and everyone called her a slut, so she had to leave to escape the stigma...only to do it again at the other four schools. It's a toss up really on this one.

I think she was always pretty well liked. Maybe she kept flunking out or partied too much and was kicked out.

^Well liked by the boys...not so much the girls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information