Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CNN slaps John McCain and Sarah Palin for accusing the media of being 'mean'

Talking CNN slaps John McCain and Sarah Palin for accusing the media of being 'mean'

The media has come a long way recently and I'm glad to to see that times are changing. Hats off to at least some media outlets to giving it right back to McCain.

“It’s a time-honored marketing ploy and, every time they bash the media, it means they’re not talking about a vision or a plan,” CNN president Jon Klein said. “But the best antidote to cynical marketing is solid reporting.”

CNN had a dustup with the McCain campaign earlier this week after Campbell Brown’s persistent questioning of McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds on Palin’s foreign-policy experience as governor of Alaska prompted the campaign to cancel McCain’s scheduled appearance on Larry King Live. (Bounds and CNN have since patched thing up.)

“America has been presented with a total unknown who might be a heartbeat away from the presidency,” Klein said of Palin, “and Americans have every right to expect as much information as possible about this person so that they can make an informed choice. Certainly our critics are in favor of Americans making an informed choice, aren’t they?”

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    HAHA go CNN! FInally!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It's about time. Now if more media outlets would stop allowing the McCain camp to play the sexism card and demand to talk to Palin then I'll be happy.

And they wonder why they are giving them such a pounding now!! This is exactly what worries me about McCain and the way he alienates anyone that disagrees - Scary he could have control over nuclear silos aimed at various cities. For all the alleged "liberals" around here, Seattle would be one of the cities that might get hit.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

I hope they do when the stories about her 'lovers' come to light.

Still wondering when the Republican ticket will stop being afraid of talking to the media. If they can't face a reporter, how are they going to negotiate with Putin?

That's the reality. No repubs will actually clue into that though

they're still drooling over no abortions
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

One thing I know insulting the press which Palin did and refusing interviews etc with the press is the kiss of death. Many a celebrity has found that out the hard way. The press will get back at you for doing that. Some people will start to wonder what is Sarah Palin trying to hide?

^Not only that but they're giving up free airtime! That's what gets me! A chance to campaign to the nation without having to pay money for an ad.

Sarah Palin will never have a one on one interview, she will only give statements.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

This will backfire. She may keep the diehard born agains, but regular folk who don't listen to Rush will soon think this is ridiculous.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    This will backfire. She may keep the diehard born agains, but regular folk who don't listen to Rush will soon think this is ridiculous.
    We'd hope so. I'm beginning to become depressingly cynical about the intelligence of the American electorate.

I really hope they realize that a VP who isn't capable of answering specific policy questions is not a wise choice. Neither is a hotheaded flipflopper, for that matter.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I am feeling a little less optimistic. I just talked to my republican sister and brother-in-law. They both want to vote for Obama after seeing his speech. However, my sister wished Sarah Palin was on his ticket!!! "She seems so down to earth".
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Those two on the same ticket, would be like me dating Pat Buchanan...

OT: Nana55..every time I see your name I think of 'Nana Mary' from "Roseanne"...sorry..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Bronze Member

I am feeling a little less optimistic. I just talked to my republican sister and brother-in-law. They both want to vote for Obama after seeing his speech. However, my sister wished Sarah Palin was on his ticket!!! "She seems so down to earth".
    *sigh*

Not directed at your sister, but who... WHY? Why do people care about this? Why isn't competence respected? Whyyyyy???

*sigh*

Give it time. Things will settle down on the "excitement" of the Palin pick. I think reality will begin to sink in as time goes on.

Watching AC360 right now. At the beginning of the program, Anderson mentioned the media ban the McCain campaign has put on Palin. The best they could say is that Palin would "possibly" do local press. Really. It's going to start to bite them in the ass as time goes on. And all reporters would LOVE to get the scoop on her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information