Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John McCain's speech green screen was actually....

Red face John McCain's speech green screen was actually....

You're gonna love this. Remember the weird green screen behind McCain as he was speaking last night? As his speech went on, we realized it was grass - grass from a larger photo of a house or some big mansion or something.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1xQeOPE9eP...sebackdrop.jpg

In fact, the picture was of Walter Reed. No, not Walter Reed Army Medical Center where injured troops are treated - though that was clearly McCain's intent, to use our injured troops as a political prop (just as last night they dared show footage of the planes crashing into the World Trade Center, and the towers falling) - no, in fact, McCain posted a photo of Walter Reed Middle School, a school for kids in California that has nothing to do with Walter Reed the military hospital. They actually thought the school was the Army hospital. Apparently McCain just discovered the Google.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    ROFL, a comedy of errors
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I said their Google-Fu was weak. hahahahaha
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

I find their lack of win disturbing. My the fail be with them
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm sure some of those pictures looked better in the auditorium but not as a background on tv.

On TV, it looked horrible.

as a blogger put it, "marshmallow McCain, stuck in the lime-green jello"

A team of comedy writers couldn't write funnier shit to happen to this band of fools. Their incompetence alone should be enough to send people away from them. I thought it was one of the houses he owns but he couldn't remember each one - NOT even Walter Reed hospital but some school, WTF???
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Fark comment.

Pocket Ninja: For Christ's sake. The McCain campaign has already released an official statement. This is a non-story that mindless liberal lemmings are going to try and make hay over for nothing.

---

Early reports this morning are suggesting that the "green screen" backdrop used by Senator McCain during his speech last night were intended to depict the Walter Reed Medical Facility, but actually--and mistakenly--depicted Walter Reed Middle School in North Hollywood, CA. This is an inaccurate assessment of the situation. McCain staffers thoroughly vetted a variety of locations to be used as a backdrop for the presidential nominee's speech, and settled deliberately on Walter Reed Middle School for several reasons. The fact that it is a middle school represents the sincere connection that the McCain campaign has to middle America, the lifeblood of this great country, and further depicts our sincere appreciation of the fact that children--even children in a traditionally liberal stronghold such as California--represent the future of this great nation. By choosing a middle school sharing the same name as the Walter Reed Medical Facility,John McCain is demonstrating his sincere appreciation and hope that the young Americans attendingthis facility of education will grow up to be the sort of American heroeswho will one day possibly be served by the Walter Reed Hospital. This is the great hope and fervent prayer of our candidate--that all Americans, even those not appreciated by the urban elite, recognize the potential of a hero within themselves without having to lose five and a half years of their own lives in the process.

Bravo Pocket Ninja!
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Fark comment.

Pocket Ninja: For Christ's sake. The McCain campaign has already released an official statement. This is a non-story that mindless liberal lemmings are going to try and make hay over for nothing.

---

Early reports this morning are suggesting that the "green screen" backdrop used by Senator McCain during his speech last night were intended to depict the Walter Reed Medical Facility, but actually--and mistakenly--depicted Walter Reed Middle School in North Hollywood, CA. This is an inaccurate assessment of the situation. McCain staffers thoroughly vetted a variety of locations to be used as a backdrop for the presidential nominee's speech, and settled deliberately on Walter Reed Middle School for several reasons. The fact that it is a middle school represents the sincere connection that the McCain campaign has to middle America, the lifeblood of this great country, and further depicts our sincere appreciation of the fact that children--even children in a traditionally liberal stronghold such as California--represent the future of this great nation. By choosing a middle school sharing the same name as the Walter Reed Medical Facility,John McCain is demonstrating his sincere appreciation and hope that the young Americans attendingthis facility of education will grow up to be the sort of American heroeswho will one day possibly be served by the Walter Reed Hospital. This is the great hope and fervent prayer of our candidate--that all Americans, even those not appreciated by the urban elite, recognize the potential of a hero within themselves without having to lose five and a half years of their own lives in the process.

Bravo Pocket Ninja!

WTF! I could have even came up with a better cover story than that! HA HA HA.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Ahem. satire

Mindlessly speaking of course , I just find it remarkable that they neglected to inform the media AHEAD of the speech that they were using the school as a backdrop and why - the news anchors were even questioning its significance. But as stated they are just mindless liberal lemmings anyway, LOL!

They should have looked up the number of states too.
    RNC-51stars on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

McCain staffers thoroughly vetted
    That's funny as all hell.. This past week proves that they don't vet a damn thing!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Oh dear! Someone's looked into the other images as well!

McCain Winning Coveted "Stock Photos" Demographic?

by Hunter

Fri Sep 05, 2008 at 02:30:39 PM PDT

This was sent in by a reader: apparently, the Republicans couldn't find very many African American supporters to show on the Big Screen Of Triumph, when introducing McCain (see 6:45, 7:02)... so they simply put up stock photos of black people. You know, riding bicycles and appreciating their moms and stuff. Both these images appeared in McCain's introduction, but you can also buy them for a buck or two from iStockphoto.com:

They're fickle people. For a few bucks, they'll support your candidate too. Or your company newsletter.
    I actually think this is great news for McCain. If he can win the "people from stock photos found on the internet" demographic, it could boost his candidacy significantly -- especially in swing states. I hear Ohio, for example, is almost entirely populated by stock photos.
    As an aside, this is after CBS News pointed out that the solemn pictures of a military funeral that accompanied their "salute to the pledge" on Tuesday was, in fact, also stock footage, portrayed by actors. I actually don't fault them for that, since it'd be one of the few times they tried to pull on American patriotism without using footage of an actual death to do it. And of course, there was McCain inexplicably standing in front of a stock picture of Walter Reed Middle School during a significant portion of his speech. Maybe they wanted to use a picture of Walter Reed Medical Center, but then they found out it had columns.
    Update [2008-9-5 19:17:0 by Hunter]: In comments, Ezsuds81 finds two more.
    Daily Kos: State of the Nation

The two more:

-------------------------------------------------------------
    ETA....

School Raps McCain For Using Image As Speech Backdrop Without Permission

By Kate Klonick - September 5, 2008, 4:32PM
    Okay, the McCain-Walter Reed Middle School backdrop debacle is getting weirder by the second. Now the principal of the school is hammering McCain for using footage of the school during his convention speech without seeking the school's permission.
    Here's the statement from Donna Tobin, the principal...
    "It has been brought to the school's attention that a picture of the front of our school, Walter Reed Middle School, was used as a backdrop at the Republican National Convention. Permission to use the front of our school for the Republican National Convention was not given by our school nor is the use of our school's picture an endorsement of any political party or view."
    One other interesting development: The California Democratic Party is actually holding a press conference in front of the school within minutes, where Dems will hit McCain for not knowing the difference between the school and Walter Reed Medical Center, which is believed to be the backdrop the McCain campaign really wanted.
    Though multiple news organizations are asking for clarification, the McCain campaign is still refusing to comment on questions about whether it had hoped to use the medical center as a backdrop and accidentally used the school instead. Hard to blame them...
    Late update: Shortly after posting this, we got an email from Los Angeles Unified School District Board Member Tamar Galatzan who represents Walter Reed as part of her district. She had her own thoughts on McCain's use of the middle school:
    "Though I am flattered that Senator McCain chose to use a school from my district as backdrop to his remarks at the Republican National Convention, I wished he had checked with me first. As a strong believer in public education, I don't think the Senator is the most appropriate person to showcase one of the premier schools in the Los Angeles Unified School District. He is unwilling to bring fairness and equity to No Child Left Behind and ensure that schools like Reed get the resources they need from the Federal Government. From what I've heard, that's not a priority for the McCain/Palin ticket."
    TPM Election Central | Talking Points Memo | School Raps McCain For Using Image As Speech Backdrop Without Permission

Fake people, fake experience, fake pregnancies=fake ass republicans!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information