Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bookies: 8-1 odds Sarah Palin withdraws

Cool Bookies: 8-1 odds Sarah Palin withdraws

Bookies: 8-1 odds Palin withdraws

Bookmakers in London and Dublin are offering 8-1 odds that Sen. John McCain will drop Gov. Sarah Palin from the GOP presidential ticket before November.

The odds are longer for punters willing to bet Palin is kicked to the curb before Sunday. That bet pays off at 20-1, meaning a $1 bet would pay $20.

The online site Paddy Power is also taking bets on what the next scandal will be to hit Palin. The betting site is offering 5-4 odds that the next negative story to surface about the governor will include a driving offense, or 7-4 odds that she cheated on her exams at school.

The site is even offering 10-1 odds that Palin has been arrested for flashing or, perhaps even worse, 20-1 that she donated money to the campaign of Democratic candidate Barack Obama.

All bets will be settled by the next story on Reuters, CNN, NBC or Fox to emerge about Palin before the Nov. 4 general election.

For the long shot, punters can pick breaking and entering an igloo at 250-1 odds.

Abducted by aliens is paying off at 500-1.

Intrade, an Irish betting Web site, is also offering bets on Palin leaving the Republican ticket. The latest price was 10 cents, which would pay out $1 if Palin withdraws.

An Alaskan Abroad: Bookies: 8-1 odds Palin withdraws

hahahahahahahah

Ain't gonna happen though....

It will not happen. The speech is happening right now and the majority of it has focused on Sarah Palin...she is in for the long haul...like it or not.

Gold Member

I dunno, I'd be willing to bet that he will drop her from the ticket. She's a huge liability and she gets bigger by the day. These controversies haven't died down yet.

A*O

It's a long time until November. If they've dug up this amount of crap on her in just a week...
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

It is too late...they will not let that happen. No matter what comes out now, they will stick by her...it's what they do. Remember how embarassing Dubya is, did they abandon him? NO, they defended him...they circled the wagons...they will do it for Sarah too. Now if this came out before she was selected, they woudl not have picked her...but now, its too late to lose face in this scenerio.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It's a long time until November. If they've dug up this amount of crap on her in just a week...
    Nah, they're just going to do damage control by not letting her talk to the media. Don't understand how that is going to work for the campaign though since then you can't reach as many voters.

I don't see Miss Mooseballs going anywhere. The Republican base loves her like they don't love McCain. Besides, if he drops her, or she withdraws, then it just calls his judgement into question more and then he has to go crawling to Romney, Pawlenty or Lieberman to be a second-choice VP.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

I don't think she is going anywhere, unfortunately.

She's not going anywhere. Then all these repubs would have to admit they made a mistake, which they don't do.

Can you just imagine her becoming president? That really scary

Unfortunately for us, I don't thinks she's going to be dropped. Look at what Bush and Cheney have done in their 8 years in office and Republicans just don't care. It's called apathy. As long as things don't get "too" uncomfortable for them, they seem to be just fine with the same old, same old.

Honestly,it would be refreshing for McCain to say "Look-I just made a mistake here" but I am not going to hold my breath. What really bothers me about Ms.Pro Life, is that we are going to be struck with her in some capacity unless she really goes crazy & has an affair with John Edwards. Or maybe her husband will drag her back to an igloo,if he misses racing snow machines too much.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

The Republicans would rather win than save face. If they dump her now, people won't even be talking about this in a few weeks.

Elite Member

While I'm sure she appeals to the die-hard Republicans and pro-lifers, I don't think she's capable of winning over the moderate/swing voters. I consider myself moderate and I'm running like hell to Obama. And I've voted Republican in the past. McCain needed to choose someone with modern and progressive beliefs to help his campaign. He thought choosing a woman (any woman would do, apparently), would give him an edge and make him look progressive. But he chose the wrong woman. Her beliefs that we know about are too polarizing, and we can see that she knows zip about foreign policy, the environment, or the economy. If McCain had chosen a sharp woman who is well-versed in these areas, and was moderate in her beliefs about abortion, that ticket would be a force to be reckoned with.

As it is now they have an old fart and a unenlightened Barbie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information