Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin won't be answering questions or giving ANY interviews. Very reassuring!

Exclamation Sarah Palin won't be answering questions or giving ANY interviews. Very reassuring!

Well there's another McCain talking point out the window, about how speeches do not a president make. I guess now they do.

And, if reading speeches off a teleprompter were the only requirement for being commander in chief of the US armed forces, then yes Sarah Palin reading a series of speeches written for her would be enough. But it's not enough, and it suggests that McCain thinks Palin is an idiot who can't even answer a simple question from the media, or the American public (or worse, she she's so tainted by scandal, they refuse to put her out there at all). It's downright disturbing how the McCain campaign is handling Palin and her growing list of scandals/controversies. They seem to be hoping that they can trick the American people into liking her, without giving them any real substance. Possibly because she has no real substance. Then again, they're refusing to put John McCain out there for any questions either. Kind of makes you wonder if he's still healthy enough to be commander in chief, or if the campaign is hiding something about John McCain's health and that's why they won't let him do any more press conferences (remember, McCain is 72 years old and has had at least 4 bouts of cancer).

Jake Carney of TIME gets into this more in depth:

According to Nicole Wallace of the McCain campaign, the American people don't care whether Sarah Palin can answer specific questions about foreign and domestic policy. According to Wallace -- in an appearance I did with her this morning on Joe Scarborough's show -- the American people will learn all they need to know (and all they deserve to know) from Palin's scripted speeches and choreographed appearances on the campaign trail and in campaign ads.

Wallace's bash-the-media exercise has its merits as a campaign tactic. It certainly rallies the base. But the base won't lift McCain to 50% in November. More importantly, in her smug dismissal of the media's role in asking questions of the candidates, Wallace was really showing contempt not for reporters, but for voters. I bet there are a lot of undecided voters out there who were intrigued by Sarah Palin last night, but who don't yet know enough about her -- what she believes, what she knows -- to be comfortable with the idea of her as vice president of the United States. It's important to them to know if Palin can handle herself in an environment that isn't controlled and sanitized by campaign image makers and message mavens. Maybe she can, maybe she can't. As far as Wallace is concerned, it's none of their -- or your -- business.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    Uh, it's every one's business. ITS THE BUSINESS OF THE COUNTRY.

So not ready for prime time. They're SCARED to have her off the leash!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

what next? She won't be participating in the debates?

I guess the pitbull's bark is worse than her bite.

And this quote below shows just how 'out of touch' McCain's campaign really is.

According to Nicole Wallace of the McCain campaign, the American people don't care whether Sarah Palin can answer specific questions about foreign and domestic policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    what next? She won't be participating in the debates?

I wouldnt be surprised if they put a hidden mike/ear pierce ala Bush during the last election for the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if they put a hidden mike/ear pierce ala Bush during the last election for the debate.
    Yeah, I remember Bush's battery pack in '04.

But still, how can they expect voters to get to know her. This is fucking dumb!

Nope, they have to prepare her script before she does anymore public relations.

If she can not be trusted by her own party not to open her mouth and swallow all the way up to her knee, that should be the largest red flag in history.

Even McCain's camp is admitting she is not capable of speaking to the media, knows next to nothing about foreign policy, and her mouth is a WMD. How can any of his supporters trust him when he is continuing to thrust an untrustworthy running mate down the public's throat?

Gold Member

If it's not on the Tele-Prom-Ter, it doesn't exist.

Gold Member

This woman is not fit to be one heartbeat away from the presidency, particularly when the presidential candidate is a 72 year-old man who has had various serious health problems over the last few years.

^^She isn't fit to be a receptionist in the White House.

^You all are "undermisestimating" her...she is a fucking mother of five children. Any woman who can raise five kids can run a country. Don't believe me...just listen to the repub garbage on the news, the radio, the tv, in the papers...it's everywhere. People actually believe that being a mother qualifies her to run the country. My mother raised 14 kids...yes, 14...according to this belief, she should be running the freaking world.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    ^You all are "undermisestimating" her...she is a fucking mother of five children. Any woman who can raise five kids can run a country. Don't believe me...just listen to the repub garbage on the news, the radio, the tv, in the papers...it's everywhere. People actually believe that being a mother qualifies her to run the country. My mother raised 14 kids...yes, 14...according to this belief, she should be running the freaking world.
    LOL, whatever; pretty much any woman can get knocked up then shoot a child out of her vagina. Giving birth to a child is not really an accomplishment IMHO. Finding a man willing to impregnate you and willing to stick around to raise the little fuckers....THAT'S more impressive.

Even then, it doesn't qualify someone to be the VP.

I didn't think so either before this election...and now I am being schooled...apparently, popping out a baby (or five) makes you qualified to lead a nation. It qualifies you to negotiate with terrorists states, to rebuild a fragile economy and develop energy policies to fix our dependence on foreign oil.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    I didn't think so either before this election...and now I am being schooled...apparently, popping out a baby (or five) makes you qualified to lead a nation. It qualifies you to negotiate with terrorists states, to rebuild a fragile economy and develop energy policies to fix our dependence on foreign oil.
    Hehehehe! Apparently Republicans think that anyone who has squeezed a child out of their vagina is suddenly qualified to do ANYTHING! That's a change!

When I read this stuff I think to myself what kind of insane people would buy into this? And then I remember that a lot of people have already signed up to vote for this pair.

Some people never learn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information