Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama to Sarah Palin: What's wrong with being a community organizer?

Default Barack Obama to Sarah Palin: What's wrong with being a community organizer?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iNvoRBF4_c[/YOUTUBE]

Thought this was appropriate for a new thread. Thanks to ana-mish-ana. I have so much respect for him, he is amazing with his rebuttals.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

"I've been called worse on the basketball court"
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Just great..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I would like an ad from Obama that has McCain saying something completely out of touch, and then Obama's words from his speech last week saying, "He just doesn't get it." and then another dumb phrase from McCain,and Obama saying "He just doesn't get it." and so on.

Obama people, ^^that's a freebee. Won't even charge for it. Just let me know when you want more.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I would like an ad from Obama that has McCain saying something completely out of touch, and then Obama's words from his speech last week saying, "He just doesn't get it." and then another dumb phrase from McCain,and Obama saying "He just doesn't get it." and so on.

Obama people, ^^that's a freebee. Won't even charge for it. Just let me know when you want more.
    McCain gave them plenty of ammo in his speech.

OMGGGGGGGGGGG (sigh). I love his response! Oh I love him long time and everythang. Ugh Michelle, can I PLEASE borrow Barack for awhile, PLEASE? Just once?

Some good comments you guys should read:

Palin-Palooza Wrap Up. « Mudflats

this blog is wonderful, i feel like i dug up some gold in Alaska; you akmudracker, you are….quite a community organizer !!!!! Kudos to u ! just look how everyone ( the virtual community ) is coming to your blog, learning facts and then trying to do everything they can in order to bring upon the change we badly need ! folks keep on going ! you are all amazing and inspiring !

A commenter on this blog summed it up so well: (hat tip MH)
    “Jesus was a Community Organizer, and Pontius Pilate was a Governor.”

It’s hard to believe she mocked HIS experience with a straight face. She is one nasty woman and a perfect addition to this Republican campaign. There is no doubt she will crash and burn, but it’s like she putting a cigarette out in a puddle of jet fuel. I would have thought by now, these idiots would realize they are going to have to inject some sort of issues into these Dem attacks, but no, the same old Bush politics. LIE, LIE AND THEN LIE SOME MORE.

I don’t see her being “allowed” to be interviewed anytime soon. I see her failing miserably during a debate with Biden.

I am surprised that she was so negative during her speech but I am sure that speech was written for a male VP pick not knowing the Britney Spears family was on their way to the White House.

The slam to community organizers is going to come back to haunt. I’m seeing lots of comments around the internet, and have heard quite a few people here at work today take umbrage with it - even a few people who will be voting for McCain.

I don’t think the Repubs realize the kinds of people they insulted. Volunteers of all varieties: fire fighters, community pantry workers, first responders, neighborhood action groups, church volunteers, the list is long, and from what I can tell, there are a lot of hurt feelings.

“I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities.” YUP, Sarah, CO’s do have actual responsibilities too. Some think being a CO is soup serving.

CO Standard Job Description:

administration, planning, policy decision-making, program and leadership development and action implementation, public relations activities, and service activities.

But CO work takes form within the dynamics of community and struggle, requiring organizers to have an extraordinary range of competencies.

Roles and Responsibility of CO:

challenge people to act on behalf of their common interests
    develop new relationships out of old ones - sometimes by linking one person to another and sometimes by linking whole networks of people together.
    creating opportunities for people to deliberate to reinterpret these circumstances in ways that open up new possibilities for action. People are recruited, battles fought and organizations built through highly energized, intensely focused campaigns. Build community by developing leadership.

Community Organizers: Who Are They?

Mr Giuliani says “it’s his first problem on his resume”.

Not true, ‘Barack for America’ is a study on Community Organizing expertise. Your mocking Sarah is ill-informed! Like Mr Giuliani said, “this is no time for on-the-job training”. YUP Gov Sarah Palin VP nominee.

Pay it forward.

http://www.bgladd.com/McSameStore/Jesus.jpg

Last night seemed surreal. She really did look and sound like a PTA president and a hockey mom, no offense intended to said groups. This was the first time I’ve heard her speak, my first impression of her ‘live.’ Politics aside, I couldn’t help but sense she enjoyed the low blows, took relish in sticking the knife and had no problems smiling while twisting it, to mix my metaphors. At least George pretended to be a compassionate conservative. As I reflect back on the speech, it seems to my memory, that I was watching a local school board speech, and the petty nastiness of local politics, rather than someone introducing themselves to the nation as the possible future president of all the citizens of our great nation.

I thought it was really odd that they had her take those low shots in her very first national address.
    I’ve seen a few commentators say that the Obama campaign should just simply ignore her, pretend she is not there. Keep aiming their arrows at McCain, and make her a non-event. That might be effective. Might also be fun.

I went back and forth between america’s funniest home videos and the RNC. Seemed to have the same level of mocking and content. I did have to mute Palin though. And Lieberman. Ugh. So slimey.
    Word to the wise guys: I have a family friend that is deeply Republican and she still thinks we are all drinking the ‘koolaide’ (her words not mine) after I gave her several reliable links. There are some out there that will never believe the truth.

Thanks for this blog as well! I’ve been reading it since the first Sarah Palin article and regularly check it several times a day. It’s very well written. I agree-the “community organizer” barb was the low point for me as well. Talk about elitism and condescension! It just shows how out of touch the Republican party is to those Americans who don’t fit into their particular demographic. If you’re a city-dweller, or a minority, or a blue collar factory worker, or someone with an education, or someone who has traveled abroad, or been disqualified from medical insurance because of a pre-existing health condition, or who is young and pregnant with no family support, or does not belong to their brand of Christianity, forget it!–The Republican Party is not for you! Those were just some of the groups who were subtly scorned through her critiques of Obama and the Democrats.

The outright twists and lies were coming so fast and furious it was hard to know where to start in refuting them. It blew my mind how Romney went through some of the problems of the past eight years like over-spending and a deficit and then blamed it on–are you ready for it, folks?–LIBERALs!!! when it’s been Republicans in charge almost the whole time. I mean, how is it even possible to have a conversation with someone like that when they call up, down and down, up? You have no basis for a discussion. And the thing that just bothers me so badly is that when Republicans talk about cutting spending, it’s not focused on getting the heck out of Iraq, where we are spending 12 billion per month, it’s focused on cutting domestic programs that we all use and depend on.

But, hey, why am I so worried? After all, Sarah is a power-house of foreign policy, having lived next door to a sparsely populated part of Russia and all.

Obama should completely ignore Saracuda. McCain WANTS the Dems to go after Saracuda, it is a great distraction from the issues and they don’t want to talk about the issues. If she doesn’t give any interviews or press conferences and the dems ignore her, then she won’t influence the race… except as a constant reminder of McCain’s very poor judgement.

To think it took Palin to get me back on the Democratic ticket. What the hell ?

Thanks for the hat tip, but it’s not mine! Full cite:
    Or, you know, maybe someone needs to remind Sarah Palin that Jesus Christ was a community organizer and Pontius Pilate was a governor.

posted by goodnewsfortheinsane at 8:54 AM on September 4 [25 favorites]

It’s from Sarah Palin as McCain's running-mate | MetaFilter — which is now thousands of comments long and one of the longest threads ever hosted on that very active forum. If you don’t have time to read 5,000 plus posts, just run a “search the page” and key in “organizer” for highlights of the discussion on that particular piece of nastiness … penned by GEORGE BUSH’S SPEECHWRITER and delivered with uncritical relish by SARAHCUDA.

What a maverick she is, for standing up to Bush’s speechwriter and saying, “You know, I think I’d rather not deliver this speech you were polishing up long before I was selected, with all its divisive lines. I’m going to be genuine, and warm, and reach beyond our base.” NOT!
    Obama.Wrote.His.Own.Speech! GEORGE BUSH’S SPEECHWRITER wrote hers. You know, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-at-the-Convention?

Her speech was so infuriating, mostly due to the petty substanceless zingers, gimmicks, and glaring inaccuracies, that for the first time I donated to the Obama campaign. I now feel that I have a vested interest in preventing this women from attaining office.

YUP, Gov Palin I think u jumped the gun on this one. “And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves”

Obama wasn’t belittling your experience as Mayor in Wasilla. He was comparing the executive experience between you two. Contrasting the size (constituents and budgets). He has a legitimate argument. Mr. Giuliani said, “Barack Obama has never led anything, nothing, nada,”

But he has.

Obama for America is the largest organization Obama has ever run.
    Obama runs a tight ship with a drama-free campaign. Can u say the same Gov Palin?
    Obama was drawing a comparison with his executive experience of leading a very successful campaign. Millions of constituents, payrolls, budget, scheduling over a 50 state strategy. His community organization experience (that u Sarah derided) has helped develop the foundation of his pragmatic, political style.

Obama’s early decision to hire political professional campaign operatives rather than surround himself with capitulators has been an unexpected success for its efficient functionality.
    Palin has cited her mayoral work as a central part of her qualification to serve as governor. But at the beginning of her term, asked by the local newspaper how she would run the city without experienced department heads, she made the job sound like no big deal: “It’s not rocket science. It’s $6 million and 53 employees.”

adn.com | politics : 'Fresh face' launched Palin

“my understanding is that Governor Palin’s town of Wasilla has 50 employees, we’ve got 2500, in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe $12 million a year. we have a budget of about three times that just for the month” BHO

Someone at the DNC needs to go through that speech, line by line, and pull out the lies, the misrepresentations of Palin’s record and Republican “achievement,” and use them to craft issues-driven campaign ads for Obama/Biden. For example, Palin is proud to proclaim that she cut government spending: truth is (isn’t it?) that Wasilla town government had a budget surplus when she took mayoral office and millions in debt when she moved on to gubernatorial office. Palin uses new son Trig as evidence that she supports families with special needs children: truth is (isn’t it?) that as governor she reduced state spending on special needs children’s programs by more than half. Truth is a precious commodity these days, as precious as gasoline, but I say we drill deeply for it and then spread it around as widely as possible.

“and he’s worried someone won’t read them his rights.”
    YUP, Gov Palin.

I am too!

Try and imagine Sarah, that Track is taken and held prisoner at a place like Guantánamo, he is considered an enemy combatant, but he has no rights to disprove this. Tortured under interrogation. Without international human rights law to protect him. Or allow him the right to protest wrongful imprisonment, that’s habeas corpus (what u mocked Sarah). After 61/2 years he is released. What impact will the injustice of Track’s, wrongful imprisonment have on family, friends and relatives? Injustice is a passionate emotion we can all relate too, regardless of race or creed.
    Probably nothing has done more to tarnish America’s reputation in this area than the current administration’s decision to combat terrorism without regard to US obligations under international human rights law.

Gov Palin, your mocking of human rights and the rule of law is alarming.
    Don’t u have to sure of your target before you shoot?

The comment from one of your bloggers really hit home with me and I have passed it along to Roland Martin (Jesus was a Community Organizer, and Pontias Pilate was a Governor). I could not believe it when Roland came to do his CNN interview with red eyes, tears freshly wiped. He explained that his parents were community organizers and the the Palin speech comments were an affront to all of the great people, male and female, that are and have been community organizers. This woman through her lies and scarcasm has just spit in the eye of Jesus and all of us that believe in him. She moved the Jews down to the bottom rung of humanity. May God have mercy on her soul.

Question for those of you who live in Alaska………do you think the majority of Alaskans will vote for the McCain/Palin ticket out of some sense of Alaskan pride or will they vote Obama/Biden in order to save the country?

Gene
    I saw Roland Martin being interviewed last night, and he was truly upset! He is the only commentator who spoke out loudly about what Palin said. The rest of them kept throwing around stupid things like “a star is born”. This isnt the movies MSM…its real life, with real people who will pay the price when this is all said and done.

I always thought of a mayor as someone who sits up in an office and attends meetings, while a community organizer takes it down to street level and mingles with the homefolks. A mayor is elected by popularity, while a community organizer works by choice to do some good. It’s not political, maybe that’s why Sarah didn’t understand it. I’m praying that Obama is working on his “This is what a Community Organizer Does” speech right now.

I know some of you were asking on the other posts why the media is saying Palin won’t have to do interviews - that’s just not true. The media is playing nice until tonight is over, and then the gloves are off.

She will have to do interviews, but the Republicans are postponing it until they can get her out on the road and do some more mind control on her talking points. Frankly, with that mouth, I doubt they can control her very long. You know how those pit bulls are!
    By the way, Congrats on Huffington Post!!! That’s awesome!

Last edited by bychance; September 5th, 2008 at 12:12 AM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well-Deserved Mockery
    Why Obama’s “community organizer” days are a joke.

By Michelle Malkin

Rudy Giuliani had me in stitches during his red-meat keynote address at the GOP convention. I laughed out loud when Giuliani laughed out loud while noting Barack Obama’s deep experience as a “community organizer.” I laughed again when VP nominee and Alaska governor Sarah Palin cracked: “I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities.”

Team Obama was not amused. (Neither were the snarky left-wingers on cable TV who are now allergic to sarcasm.) They don’t get why we snicker when Obama dons his Community Organizer cape. Apparently, the jibes rendered Obama’s advisers sleepless.

In a crack-of-dawn e-mail to Obama’s followers hours after Giuliani and Palin spoke, campaign manager David Plouffe attempted to gin up faux outrage (and, more importantly, donations) by claiming grave offense on the part of community organizers everywhere. Fumed Plouffe:
    Both Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin specifically mocked Barack’s experience as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago more than two decades ago, where he worked with people who had lost jobs and been left behind when the local steel plants closed. Let’s clarify something for them right now. Community organizing is how ordinary people respond to out-of-touch politicians and their failed policies.
    Let me clarify something. Nobody is mocking community organizers in church basements and community centers across the country working to improve their neighbors’ lives. What deserves ridicule is the notion that Obama’s brief stint as a South Side rabble-rouser for tax-subsidized, partisan nonprofits qualifies as executive experience you can believe in.

What deserves derision is “community organizing” that relies on a community of homeless people and ex-cons to organize for the purpose of registering dead people to vote, shaking down corporations, and using the race card as a bludgeon.

As I’ve reported previously, Obama’s community organizing days involved training grievance-mongers from the far-left ACORN (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). The ACORN mob is infamous for its bully tactics (which they dub “direct actions”); Obama supporters have recounted his role in organizing an ambush on a government planning meeting about a landfill project opposed by Chicago’s minority lobbies.

With benefactors like Obama in office, ACORN has milked nearly four decades of government subsidies to prop up chapters that promote the welfare state and undermine the free market, as well as some that have been implicated in perpetuating illegal immigration and voter fraud. Since I last detailed ACORN’s illicit activities in this column in June (see “The ACORN Obama knows,” June 19, 2008), the group continues to garner scrutiny from law enforcement.

Last week, Milwaukee’s top election official announced plans to seek criminal investigations of 37 ACORN employees accused of offering gifts to sign up voters (including prepaid gas cards and restaurant cards) or falsifying driver’s license numbers, Social Security numbers, or other information on voter registration cards.

Last month, a New Mexico TV station reported on the child rapists, drug offenders, and forgery convicts on ACORN’s payroll. In July, Pennsylvania investigators asked the public for help in locating a fugitive named Luis R. Torres-Serrano, who is accused “of submitting more than 100 fraudulent voter registration forms he collected on behalf of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now to county election officials.” Also in July, a massive, nearly $1 million embezzlement scheme by top ACORN officials was exposed.

ACORN’s political arm endorsed Obama in February and has ramped up efforts to register voters across the country. In the meantime, completely ignored by the mainstream commentariat and clean-election crusaders, the Obama campaign admitted failing to report $800,000 in campaign payments to ACORN. They were disguised as payments to a front group called “Citizen Services, Inc.” for “advance work.”

Jim Terry, an official from the Consumer Rights League, a watchdog group that monitors ACORN, noted: “ACORN has a long and sordid history of employing convoluted Enron-style accounting to illegally use taxpayer funds for their own political gain. Now it looks like ACORN is using the same type of convoluted accounting scheme for Obama’s political gain.” With a wave of his magic wand, Obama amended his FEC forms to change the “advance work” to “get-out-the-vote” work.

Now, don’t you dare challenge his commitment to following tax and election laws. And don’t you even think of entertaining the possibility that The One exploited a nonprofit supposedly focused on helping low-income people for political gain.

He was just “organizing” his “community.” Feel free to laugh out loud.

Michelle Malkin on Yah, Mock Obama on National Review Online=

Sorry, i can't believe anything out of that fascist cow Malkin's face.

When she spends some time in a concentration camp, let me know.

also, it's interesting to note about the milwaukee investigation thing, i cant find a single reference to it from an actual milwaukee source, from the city itself, or anywhere else for that matter. THe only google hits are from GOP websites and they just REPEAT what malkin has said here. Where's her proof? How about some corroboration? Something from the city?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The problem with the community organizer attacks is that Obama hasn't made that a key talking point in his campaign about why he should be president. On the other hand, McCain keeps dragging out the POW cape and Palin, the governor, spent more time talking about when she was a mayor.

And when she was mayor and even as a PTA member doesnt that mean community organisation events and fundraising. And she is was the one that left her town in debt.

Silver Member

That Malkin is one evil bitch just like Palin. What service has Malkin done for her community spread hate. I had just heard the other day that Obama was a community organizer and I respect him for helping others like that. Rudy Guiliani can't talk I live In New York and don't think he is so popular here. He didn't even care when an innocent unarmed Black man Amadou Dillao was killed by cops who fired 40 shots at him. Guliani stuck up for the cops and made sure the trial was not in the five Boroughs,but was held in a town that would side with the police. There were protests here when Amadou was shot and everyone was outraged at Guiliani's behavior. He is always talking about 9/11 like he prevented it. Also treated his first wife like dirt by announcing on television that he was getting a divorce without even telling her first. His wife (Donna Hanover was shaking like a leaf as she had to make a response in front of the press. Seems Rudy was having an affair with the Bimbo he is now married to. His son doesn't get along with him because he hated the way his mother was treated by Rudy. Sorry about venting but Rudy riles me up when he takes the position of being superior. Believe me he is not!

Rudy also got kicked out of his house by his wifer, and shacked up with a couple gay guys who let him sleep on their couch.. then he turns into a GOP gay hating asshole to help the fundies.

Sorry rudy. There are pics of you in drag when you weren't a total shithead. Fuck you.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Thanks Grimmlock,you made my day *lol*

If Palin could have worked effectively for her community, would Wasilla be the meth capital of Alaska?
    Juneau Empire Story Archive
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Hit By Ban Bus!

"Community Organizer" coming out of the mouths of fundies is code for "commie darkie"

MLK was a community organizer.

Oh, and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Malkkkin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information