Thread: John McCain cancels community organization event

Default John McCain cancels community organization event

John McCain Cancels Habitat For Humanity Event

September 4, 2008 01:25 PM

The McCain campaign sent out a press release this morning, announcing a schedule change:

ARLINGTON, VA -- U.S. Senator John McCain's presidential campaign today announced that the McCain family's appearance at the Twin Cities Habitat For Humanity build site on Thursday, September 4, 2008 has been canceled.

My partner in vlog, Ana Marie Cox, made quick note of the change, twittering:

How anti-press is the McCain campaign? They just canceled a Habitat for Humanity PHOTO OP. Because it has to do with "houses"? Go figure!

Indeed. How could McCain maintain his sense of press victimization against the backdrop of people building homes for people who look forward to being able to one day say, "I know exactly how many homes I own! One! Just the one!"

But another part of the reason McCain canceled the outing is because last night, his campaign went out of its way to slag community organizers, defaming them for not having any "actual responsibilities." Habitat For Humanity, as it happens, is one of the biggest brand names in community organizing -- they maintain a massive network of individual donors, are capable of mobilizing an equally impressive volunteer base to contribute labor to the cause, and have a global reach. It's not a bad idea at all to associate one's own brand with Habitat's. But after last night, I have to imagine that McCain would have found it difficult to face the community organizers of Habitat For Humanity.
    John McCain Cancels Habitat For Humanity Event

Great own goal here lol- especially considering he doesnt know how many houses he has but he wont help out this charity

This Palin pick is really paying off. Outside of the Republican base she's just causing one problem after the other.

community organizers.. the people who devote their limited time and effort to helping other people. What a disgraceful way to spend your time, really. I mean, who does that? Let's make fun of it.

Really, Palin and McTard? You want to pick on those people? What's next, cancer victims? Oops, already done that. How about calling someone's kids ugly? Oops, did that too.

Any old ladies you want to knock over in traffic?

Jesus Christ. These people are horrible.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

The dems don't have to lift a finger to smear this campaign - they are totally doing it all alone. This is the type of thing that needs to make the local and national news programs so EVERYONE gets to see them. I have worked on several HFH projects with my family and these are really great programs and experiences. Plus the family getting the home works right beside you. This would have made him at least seem somewhat "human". The word "elitist" keeps coming to mind and not in the Palin first edition definition but the old fashioned Webster's one.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

They need to highlight this shit. Where the hell are Obama and Biden?

And where the fuck is Hillary?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by WesCAdle View Post
    The word "elitist" keeps coming to mind and not in the Palin first edition definition but the old fashioned Webster's one.

Nah, he just need to take a nap before the convention tonight!

Obama's going on O'Reilly tonight. Let's see if he discusses it.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    community organizers.. the people who devote their limited time and effort to helping other people. What a disgraceful way to spend your time, really. I mean, who does that? Let's make fun of it.

Really, Palin and McTard? You want to pick on those people? What's next, cancer victims? Oops, already done that. How about calling someone's kids ugly? Oops, did that too.

Any old ladies you want to knock over in traffic?

Jesus Christ. These people are horrible.
    I cannot believe they are going to try and smear Habitat for Humanity, one of the best examples of community organization, donations and volunteerism around the world you could find. Are they insane? Attacking Jimmy "The Saint" Carter's pet project?? Oh yeah, I forgot, these are the same folks that did such things as declare ketchup a veggie in school lunches, gut the USDA school lunch program, drop funding for education, health, housing and just about every other worthy cause you can dream up.

The Republicans are flubbing up left and right. Obama has to do nothing.

Thread Information