Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone watching Sarah Palin's speech?

Default Anyone watching Sarah Palin's speech?

Just curious...watching now and ALL she has discussed at length is being a mother, her family, and John McCain. I find it so patronizing, and yet I'm visiting my mom and she is lapping it up. She's practically cheering over here because the damn woman is a mom, and she thinks its great. Why are women so happy about her being a mom, regardless of everything else?
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I don't think that should have a thing to do with it!
    She is doing very well with that crowd though.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I am watching it. I saw her pimp out her kids, and lie about the earmarks and the bridge to nowhere.. I also heard her take a swat at Obama, she just opened up a shit storm. She sounds like she is slow, she keeps calling herself a 'GAL', and you can tell she is reading off the teleprompter.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I saw someone holding up a poster that read HOCKEY MOMS FOR MCCAIN. I wanted to throw up.

Ask your mom about all the lies she's spewed. List them one by one for her.

Ask her why she wants to pimp out her kids and then get pissed off when someone notices.

Ask her why she sat by and let a cancer victim be denigrated.

Ask her why her abstinence only garbage failed her, and why she thinks Palin should be allowed to ram it down everyone elses throats.

Ask your mother why she thinks a woman taking away the freedom to choose from other women is somehow a step forward.

Ask your mother why she thinks gays sitting at the back of the bus, kept from their loved ones in hospitals, and relegated to second class citizen status is somehow the American dream of equality.

Ask her why she thinks all these horrible things are GOOD. Do not let her change the subject. Tell her to look you in the eye and explain why your own mother, the one who taught you right from wrong and instilled everything that you know of a sense of fairness thinks any of that is what America should be.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Just curious...watching now and ALL she has discussed at length is being a mother, her family, and John McCain. I find it so patronizing, and yet I'm visiting my mom and she is lapping it up. She's practically cheering over here because the damn woman is a mom, and she thinks its great. Why are women so happy about her being a mom, regardless of everything else?
    I am watching it with my daughter. She is talking about being less dependent on foreign oil and taking a few swipes at Obama. Whether you like her or not, I am proud to turn to my daughter and being able to say, "This lady is trying to become Vice President of our country." When I was her age, being VP was not an option open to me. I think that is what is appealing to your mom.

Grimm, I have. Its like she's brainwashed, honestly.

All she's saying is "look at her baybeees!!! Oh, how cute!" Its like she identifies with her for solely that reason. Its the craziest thing I've ever seen.

She's been aggressive with Obama. Good, now he needs to stop treating her with kid gloves. If she wants to be taken serious with other politicians and not as a woman, she needs to toughen up and be prepared for the punches. I can't wait until he gives it back to her.

That "community organizer" thing was such bullshit. If I hear one more thing about "executive experience" I want to throw up.

It's like watching an extra from the movie Fargo....

And when did John McCain fight for us??? In Vietnam? Another war that had NOTHING TO DO WITH US???

Go back to the PTA and Moose huntin', will ya there!!

Quote Originally Posted by ya-ya_sister View Post
    I am watching it with my daughter. She is talking about being less dependent on foreign oil and taking a few swipes at Obama. Whether you like her or not, I am proud to turn to my daughter and being able to say, "This lady is trying to become Vice President of our country." When I was her age, being VP was not an option open to me. I think that is what is appealing to your mom.

a pity the example she has to see is such a twisted specimen.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I love her! What a breath of fresh air! What can't she be prez?

Well I have great respect for John McCain and his service. But is him being a POW and her being a hockey mom supposed to be enough of an excuse to put them in the office of the President of the United States? Its crazy rationale, any mom in the US could have given this exact same speech so far. Its basically "America is great" "John McCain is a hero" "I love being a mom"!!! Where is the substance??? And yes, I heard her blatant untruths in there as well, I hope to God someone calls her on it. She put out in her speech that Bridge to Nowhere, now someone needs to bring up that she's a flip-flopper and a hypocrite.

Hit By Ban Bus!

So much better than Obama/Biden...

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I am watching it. I saw her pimp out her kids, and lie about the earmarks and the bridge to nowhere.. I also heard her take a swat at Obama, she just opened up a shit storm. She sounds like she is slow, she keeps calling herself a 'GAL', and you can tell she is reading off the teleprompter.
    No,SS-she really isn't. There is a big ass danger in just blowing her off-she is sounding great and I swear Mary Matalin (James Carvilles wife) had much input in this speech,and Miss Alaska is delivering it pretty damn well. She is a threat as a speaker. Sadly,it doesn't matter if she wrote it or not-she will get a bounce here. Lets hope Biden gets to take her on quickly.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Grimm, I have. Its like she's brainwashed, honestly.

All she's saying is "look at her baybeees!!! Oh, how cute!" Its like she identifies with her for solely that reason. Its the craziest thing I've ever seen.

She's been aggressive with Obama. Good, now he needs to stop treating her with kid gloves. If she wants to be taken serious with other politicians and not as a woman, she needs to toughen up and be prepared for the punches. I can't wait until he gives it back to her.

That "community organizer" thing was such bullshit. If I hear one more thing about "executive experience" I want to throw up.
    Sometimes you wonder how you sprang from some people, so different are they to you.

I just can't fathom how anybody can just glaze over, turn off their brain, and swallow pablum like that.

Quote Originally Posted by cretin View Post
    I love her! What a breath of fresh air! What can't she be prez?

Because she's not fucking qualified, and she doesn't even know wtf HER potential position entails!

How is a lying, kid-pimping sack of crap refreshing.
    Last edited by Tati; September 3rd, 2008 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cretin View Post
    So much better than Obama/Biden...
    Sure, if you turn off your brain and stop asking even the most superficial questions.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information