Thread: Why is Sarah Palin trying to obstruct the investigation of her acts in troopergate?

Question Why is Sarah Palin trying to obstruct the investigation of her acts in troopergate?

I was going to post a new story from the Washington Post on how new emails show Palin expressing "intense interest" in the case of a state trooper she wanted fired, who just happened to be her ex-brother-in-law. But then something else stuck out, buried in the article:

Palin had promised to cooperate with the legislative inquiry, but this week she hired a lawyer to fight to move the case to the jurisdiction of the state personnel board, which Palin appoints.

Palin, our future commander in chief, the "reformer," Ms. Ethics in Government, is trying to get her case moved to a board governed by her own self-appointed cronies. Hello? What is this, the Senate Ethics Committee? I thought we were promised that Palin would be a new kind of politician. She sounds a lot like the old kind, and most of them are now in jail.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    Such a reformer!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Because that investigation is not going to come out in her favor come October. I am hoping they'll come out a little bit early. But either way, that report is due on Halloween. Four days before the election.

Because Miss Mooseballs knows that her ass will be in a sling when the shit hits the fan.

Default Alaska Progressive Radio is Online! Breaking News.

The revamping of local Anchorage progressive talk radio station KUDO 1080am came at a bad time. Little did they know Palin would be in the national and international spotlight this week.
    But, they now have a live feed. The local programming is excellent and will give you a good idea of Alaska reaction.
    7am-9am - Cary Carrigan Show
    3pm-6pm - CC and her show Cutting Edge.
    Shows are listed Alaska time, which is one hour earlier than Pacific time.
    CC is on right now talking about the Republican party’s calling our legitimate questioning of the Palin choice as a “phony media scandal to destroy her.”
    Also breaking news on the Monegan case. Palin has just filed an ethics complaint against…herself. This is not a joke. This is the only way she can activate the 3-person Palin-appointed board whose job is to deal with ethics complaints, thereby circumventing the Alaska State Legistlature’s investigation that she thinks may come down against her. I just heard a caller say the word “impeachment”.
    Check it out - HERE

Alaska Progressive Radio is Online! Breaking News. « Mudflats

Arrow Alaskan blogger Andrew Halcro: Mike Wooten & Troopergate

WOOTEN
    How small a state is the biggest state in the union?
    Since Friday morning I have fielded calls from no fewer than sixty different print and television outlets. In most cases every one of them wanted to contact State Trooper Mike Wooten for an interview but Wooten isn't taking interviews.
    Yesterday, when speaking to a couple of different print journalist and a television crew, they mentioned they wanted to get in touch with Wooten. I told them I couldn't help them. Then they proceeded to mention they had been on their way out to Wasilla when they got delayed on the highway due to a motocrycle accident.
    Little did they know that when they passed the accident scene the Trooper on duty was Mike Wooten.
    In fact there have been several encounters over the last few days were news reporters trying to track down Trooper Wooten have been close enough to him to shake his hand.
    That's how small the biggest state in the union is.
    TROOPERGATE
    In a statement released on September 2 through her attorney Thomas Van Flein, Palin once again shows how her propensity for a misrepresentation of the facts got her into trouble to begin with.
    Palin is attempting to get the investigation moved into the executive branch so it is reviewed by the personnel board.
    In her statement, Palin writes, "In 2005 and early 2006, State Trooper Mike Wooten was the subject of a court-imposed Domestic Violence Protective Order."
    As has been the governor's history with this issue, she offers up another twisted fact.
    In 2005, Palin and her sister Molly went to the Palmer Courthouse while Mike Wooten was in Portland with his stepson. They convinced a judge to grant Molly a domestic violence restraining order against Wooten. This was done so Molly could retain full custody of the children.
    When Wooten returned from Portland, he realized that there was a order prohibiting him from seeing his kids. Three weeks later, Wooten was granted an appearance in front of the couple's divorce judge.
    In front of Judge Suddock, Molly testified that Wooten never hit her or never physically abused her or ever touched the children. She told the judge she was feeling pressure from her family to file the order.
    Suddock immediately dissolved the order because there was no proof of any domestic violence and called the order an abuse of the legal system. He then scolded Palin's sister for keeping Wooten's kids away from him.
    This appears to be Palin's classic approach to deflecting attention away from situations she has created; blame the other person.
    The governor's futile attempt to get the legislature to abandon their ongoing investigation goes completely against what she promised when this process began.
    "Hold me accountable" she said back in August while welcoming an open and transparent investigation into the issue. Now she seems to be saying..let me hold myself accountable while I make up some facts.
    On Friday July 18, 2008 on the KTUU News, Governor Sarah Palin was asked about a special investigation after allegations were raised about potential abuse of power: "We would never prohibit, or be less than enthusiastic about any kind of investigation. Let's deal in the facts, and you do that via investigation," Palin said.
    Today Palin is pushing back by hiring a defense attorney after saying she has maintained she had nothing to hide and now wants the investigation to be moved into the executive branch and away from the legislature.
    But then again Palin said she her and Monegan "never had a conversation on whether trooper Wooten should be a trooper or not."
    A month later, Walt Monegan turned emails over to the special investigator he received directly from Palin regarding Trooper Mike Wooten being a trooper.
    This attempt by Palin to move the investigation away from an independent special investigator into the executive branch speaks volumes about just how worried she is about how this will play out.
    Meanwhile, Senator Hollis French has stated the report from special investigator Steve Branchflower will be issued before October 31, 2008.
    Vetting, Wooten and Troopergate | AndrewHalcro.com

Advertisements [?]

Breaking: Troopergate Investigation to be released early

Investigation into Palin Now on Fast Track
    Sources Tell ABC News that Report Will Be Released Almost Three Weeks Early
    By LEN TEPPER
    September 5, 2008

ABC News has exclusively learned that Alaska Senator Hollis French will announce today that he is moving up the release date of his investigation into whether Gov. Sarah Palin abused her office to get the Alaska public safety commissioner, Walt Monegan, fired. The results of the investigation were originally scheduled for release Oct. 31 but will now come almost three weeks earlier, according to sources.
    ABC News: Investigation into Palin Now on Fast Track

ROFL holy shit, is the entire state against this woman?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well from the stories - she fucked them over with no qualms now they are about to bite back.

At least with Bush and Cheney they had friends - this woman looks like she will stab people on the back to get her way. McCain should watch out.

I thought she had a 90% state approval rate... guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    Well from the stories - she fucked them over with no qualms now they are about to bite back.

At least with Bush and Cheney they had friends - this woman looks like she will stab people on the back to get her way. McCain should watch out.

Wonder how "friendly" Bush Sr and Cheney will be to "assist" on this matter??
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I thought she had a 90% state approval rate... guess not.
    I've read in a bunch of places that she had 80% approval rating towards the beginning of her term. Currently, it's closer to 65% even though Republicans are going around saying it's 80%.

Default Devastating ABC Investigative Report on Troopergate

In case you haven't seen this yet. I posted it in a couple other threads.
    [youtube]lOBWZ7Jocc8[/youtube]

Exclamation Keeping the story straight...or trying

Keeping the story straight...or trying

The Alaska Public Safety Employees Association filed an ethics complaint against the State of Alaska on Thursday concerning the release of confidential personnel information from the file of State Trooper Mike Wooten, Governor Sarah Palin's ex brother in law.
    The complaint arises from a recorded phone called between Palin aide Frank Bailey and State Trooper Rodney Dial where Bailey is sharing confidential information from Wooten's personnel file while trying to make the case to get Dial's help in getting Wooten fired.
    Currently the legislature is investigating the governor for potential abuse of power for allegedly firing Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan because he refused to fire Wooten, Palin's ex brother in law.
    The PSEA complaint alleges that the governor or her staff may have have improperly disclosed information from Wooten's personnel records.
    The complaint alleges "criminal penalties may apply."
    John Cyr, director of the union that filed the complaint, told NBC News, "It seems obvious to us somebody has improperly accessed [Wooten's] personnel file."
    According to NBC News, the McCain/Palin campaign provided a family twist to the story, saying the governor's husband - Todd Palin - was the source of that information to Governor Palin's close aide Bailey.
    However, in the recorded phone call that brought the breach of confidentiality to light, it appears that the campaign's statement is at odds with what Bailey said in the phone call.
    During the 24 minute taped phone conversation between Bailey and State Trooper Rodney Dial, the trooper asks Bailey where he got the confidential information from.
    "I used to be a recruiter and I know some of that information is extremely confidential," Dial says.
    "I'm a little reluctant to say, but over in administration is where we hold the workers compensation files, right there" answers Bailey.
    So which is it?
    Did Todd Palin give Bailey the information or did Bailey get it from the files in the Department of Administration?
    In a taped interview with Anchorage Daily News Reporter Kyle Hopkins on August 14, just one day after the phone call was released to the media, Governor Sarah Palin stated unequivocably that Frank Bailey acted completely on his own.

"No one ever directed him to make any calls, he never disclosed he made any calls," Palin said.
    However, Bailey sent an email immediately after the phone call to a fellow staffer.
    On February 29, an email was sent from Frank Bailey to Ivy Frye just after Bailey's recorded phone call to Alaska State Trooper Rodney Dial.
    "Leaving pretty quick for the airport...call me though I need to give you a heads up. Spoke to Rodney and he doesn't get that kind of stuff since he's a Lieutenant, but he'd definitely pass it on."
    Not only that, but Palin also told Hopkins that "Todd never told Frank Bailey or suggest he take on this mission to call a trooper."
    But now they admit Todd supplied the information to Bailey?
    According to state phone logs, Todd Palin called another Palin assistant Ivy Frye three times between 1:45pm and 3:50pm on the afternoon of February 28, the day before Bailey's call to Dial.
    But there is more. The Palin administration has refused to release over 1100 additional emails citing "Executive privilege" and "Deliberative Process".
    According to the privilege log of those emails that weren't released, there are eleven different emails between 7pm on February 28 and 11:41am on February 29 with the subject line "re: PSEA" sent between Ivy Frye, Annette Kreitzer, Sarah Palin, Frank Bailey, Kris Perry and Todd Palin.
    The inclusion of Todd Palin on this email string raises serious questions as he is not a member of the executive branch but yet was kept apprised of the situation.
    The new revelation that Todd Palin was the source of the confidential informations begs the question; why would he tell Bailey? Unless of course he wanted to arm Bailey with information before he called Trooper Dial.
    Good thing there is an investigation going on so we can get to the facts.
    After all, reform and ethics begin at home.

To hear Governor's Palin's interview with Kyle Hopkins:
    adn.com | Alaska Politics : Palin interview
    To see the privilage log of emails that haven't been released:
    The Confidential Email Log: What you can't see | AndrewHalcro.com
    To see the email from Frank Bailey click here

Keeping the story straight...or trying | AndrewHalcro.com

Default Lawmakers to issue subpoenas in Troopergate

Lawmakers to issue subpoenas in Troopergate

(ANCHORAGE) – Legislative leaders today announced that a joint House and Senate Judiciary Committee hearing will take place on Friday, September 12, 2008, at 9:00 a.m. in Anchorage to issue subpoenas in the ongoing investigation into the events surrounding the termination of former Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan. They also set a date of October 10, 2008, for the completion of special counsel Stephen Branchflower’s report.
    This week, seven key witnesses informed Mr. Branchflower through their attorneys that they would not provide depositions. Their depositions, which had been agreed to and scheduled earlier with Mr. Branchflower, were cancelled within the last 72 hours. Additionally, the Governor’s lawyer has stated that he represents the Governor and the Governor’s office, and has forbidden any contact by Mr. Branchflower with any member of that office. Mr. Branchflower wishes to depose some of those employees. The issuance of the subpoenas is intended to get at the truth and to expedite the completion of his report to the public.

House Judiciary Chairman Jay Ramras, R-Fairbanks, said that the reason for the earlier completion date for the report is to avoid the appearance of a last-minute ‘October surprise,’ and to give both sides plenty of time to respond to the contents of the report. “I met with Mr. Branchflower on Wednesday, along with my vice-chair Representative Nancy Dahlstrom and Senator Hollis French. We agreed that an earlier completion date was achievable, and that it was fair to all sides. We are satisfied that the report can be finished by no later than October 10, 2008.”

Representative Ramras expressed confidence in Mr. Branchflower’s ability to produce a timely report. “I just met the man for the first time Wednesday. I was impressed. He is organized and task-oriented. He says he can get done ahead of schedule. I believe him.”

“We also discussed and agreed amongst ourselves that no subpoena will be issued for the Governor,” said Representative Nancy Dahlstrom, R-Eagle River. “She has told the public that she intends to cooperate with the investigation, indeed, she has told the public that she welcomes the investigation and I have every faith that she means it. If necessary we can send Mr. Branchflower to wherever the Governor is, or she can give her statement to him over the telephone, whatever is most convenient for her. We recognize that her schedule is extremely busy, and we want to accommodate that.”

Under Alaska law, a subpoena requiring the attendance of a witness before a standing committee may be issued by the chairman of a committee when authorized to do so by a majority of the membership of the committee and with the concurrence of the Senate President or of the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

“We had scheduled and then cancelled a joint House-Senate Judiciary hearing for Aug. 18, 2008, because at that time every witness that Mr. Branchflower contacted agreed to sit down and give a statement,” said Senator Hollis French, D-Anchorage.

Senator Charlie Huggins, R-Rural Mat-Su/Chugiak, the vice-chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, also expressed his support for an earlier report. “Clearly it is in the best interests of everyone to get the job done ahead of schedule,” said Senator Huggins.

Lawmakers to issue subpoenas in Troopergate | AndrewHalcro.com

Thread Information