Thread: Media: Sarah Palin/John McCain using their own children, not the media

Thumbs up Media: Sarah Palin/John McCain using their own children, not the media

AP fails to mention why we all started talked about Palin's daughter's pregnancy. Because John McCain leaked it to Reuters.

AP:

The Republican message about the Palin offspring comes across as contradictory: Hey, media, leave those kids alone — so we can use them as we see fit.

If you doubt this scenario, consider this: On Wednesday morning, a teenage boy from Alaska stood in a receiving line on an airport tarmac, being glad-handed by the potential next president of the United States — because he got his girlfriend pregnant. TV cameras were lined up in advance. The mind boggles.

"Either the children are out of bounds, and you don't put them in the photo ops, or you don't complain when somebody wants to talk about them. You can't have it both ways," said John Matviko, a professor at West Liberty State College in West Virginia and editor of "The American President in Popular Culture."

"Right now, it looks like they're being used by the campaign more than the media are using them," he said....

Yes, she has asked the media to "respect our daughter and Levi's privacy as has always been the tradition." Yet Palin has packaged herself as a PTA member and "hockey mom" — culturally loaded terms calibrated to evoke appealing images of middle America, the middle class, exurbia and strong 21st-century family values.

Using one's relatives as accessories in the political arena, however, can have its pitfalls, despite John McCain's remark to ABC News on Wednesday that Palin has "got an incredible resume, including a beautiful family." Candidates open themselves to charges of hypocrisy if they demand the ability to boast but reject the attention that can ensue when the road gets rougher....

The road is bumpy for sure, and the media probably aren't helping. Sadly, though, the candidates themselves aren't doing much to make things better, either.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    HAHA the chewing out begins in earnest! That's what happens when you snipe at the media, McTard
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Yep...Jamie Lynn Palin is front and center at the RNC now!!!

So much for the familes being off limits. More proof that Obama has far more tact.

This woman violated OPSEC by disclosing her son's deployment date....totally illegal. Active duty soldiers and sailors are NEVER EVER supposed to disclose their deployment date in a public forum....EVER. This is sensitive information and puts the troops at risk. But, anything for her own agenda and a chance to mention 9/11. I will say that her son looked quite uncomfortable when she mentioned it though.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
    This woman violated OPSEC by disclosing her son's deployment date....totally illegal. Active duty soldiers and sailors are NEVER EVER supposed to disclose their deployment date in a public forum....EVER. This is sensitive information and puts the troops at risk. But, anything for her own agenda and a chance to mention 9/11. I will say that her son looked quite uncomfortable when she mentioned it though.

I think he looked scared shitless and the boyfriend didnt look comfortable either.

I love the Something Awful goons.
    WHAT THE FUCK IS UP AMERICA???
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

And that baby?!? What woman brings her infant baby to a sports arena filled with screaming people if not for a photo op. That baby was passed around to more people than a hot potato.

But I must say when the little sister spit on her hand and pressed the baby's hair down - that was pretty cute.

umm that bikini and gun photo of Palin on pg. 2 of that Something Awful link---
    is that REAL????
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

nope. Photoshop.

(Just in case anyone thinks the article is real, the whole thing is satire)
    "If you are not outraged, then you are not paying attention," Heather Heyer's facebook quote.

Thread Information