Thread: Sarah Palin slashed the education budget for Special Needs

Default Sarah Palin slashed the education budget for Special Needs

Caring compassionate 'mother' of a special needs child - you would think she would actually support this issue.

"For those of you who seem so enamored with Gov. Sarah Palin, it might be worth noting that she oversees the budget for the Department of Education and Early Development Special Schools in Alaska.
    These funds provide supplementary educational services to students with severe disabling conditions and the Alaska Challenge Youth Academy. The resident school where the child would normally be placed does not have the resources to provide an adequate educational program. Without the supplementary services the child’s needs would not be met by the local school district in most cases.

The following programs are included within this component:
    Special Education Service Agency (SESA)

The Annual budget for 2007, which preceded Gov. Palin was $8,265,300.

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/omb/07_OMB/budget/EED/comp27...

The Annual budget for 2008, enacted by Gov. Palin is $3,156,000.

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/omb/08_OMB/budget/EED/comp27...

The Annual budget for 2009, enacted by Gov. Palin is $3,156,000.

http://www.gov.state.ak.us/omb/09_omb/budget/EED/comp27...

This is a cut in special needs services to children in Alaska of 5,109,300 , or 62%."
    Palin Slashed Special Needs Education by 62% - Democratic Underground

O_O

She has a special needs child, and cut special needs funding for their education?? WTF is wrong with this bitch?!

Seriously. Reading the article made my eyes go WIDE, in disbelief. That NEVER happens. I'm seriously appalled at what a horrible person, this Palin is.

People who are planning on voting for McCain, specifically for this Yukon ice cunt, I hope you're happy. I hope you're just creaming in your pants over this shit, and I personally hope it kicks you square in the ass, in the end.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

McCain VP pick has supported education funding revamp, NCLB flexibility

ASCD SmartBrief | 09/02/2008
    First-term Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin, tapped by Sen. John McCain as his vice-presidential running mate, is popular among members of the Alaska teachers union for supporting a law that revamped the state's education funding and increased aid for rural districts and students with special needs, a union official said. Palin, who has backed greater NCLB flexibility, also has spoken in favor of teaching creationism alongside evolution. Education Week (premium article access compliments of Edweek.org) (08/29)
    McCain VP pick has supported education funding revamp, NCLB flexibility - Related Stories - ASCD SmartBrief

Hmm??

omg creationism? yeah, that has a place right along science, considering it's not based in science at all.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    McCain VP pick has supported education funding revamp, NCLB flexibility

ASCD SmartBrief | 09/02/2008
    First-term Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin, tapped by Sen. John McCain as his vice-presidential running mate, is popular among members of the Alaska teachers union for supporting a law that revamped the state's education funding and increased aid for rural districts and students with special needs, a union official said. Palin, who has backed greater NCLB flexibility, also has spoken in favor of teaching creationism alongside evolution. Education Week (premium article access compliments of Edweek.org) (08/29)
    McCain VP pick has supported education funding revamp, NCLB flexibility - Related Stories - ASCD SmartBrief

Hmm??
    Well the article I came across was crossposted in DU from a blog - but there was no link it- but the pdf links show that- so shes either lying about it and covering her tracks. Look at that date or shes starting a new imaginary programme that will involve creationism and books approved on her reading list.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    Well the article I came across was crossposted in DU from a blog - but there was no link it- but the pdf links show that- so shes either lying about it and covering her tracks. Look at that date or shes starting a new imaginary programme that will involve creationism and books approved on her reading list.

I was more "hmm'ing" the creationism part.. But yeah.. who knows about the special ed thing?

I also read that she's up for flexiblility with NCLB..but then she supports Pay for Performance for Teachers.. make up your mind woman!

Hey she is a flip flopper

Palin doesn't deserve a political job, she's only fit for a job like the Waffle House.

(No offense to anyone who actually works at Waffle House)

Hi! I'm New Here!

Default The Truth About Palin's Special Needs Spending

Don't believe everything you read on Daily Kos. Check out the truth about Palin's budget below. FYI, the '06-'09 stats reflect the budget of the former Alaskan governor, whom she defeated in the GOP primary.
    Education Week: Alaska Legislators Overhaul Funding

Thread Information