Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top GOP pundits leave microphones on, rip Sarah Palin choice to shreds. Oops.

Thumbs up Top GOP pundits leave microphones on, rip Sarah Palin choice to shreds. Oops.

Two top Republican pundits, Peggy Noonan and Mike Murphy, were just on MSNBC with Chuck Todd, and after their segment was over kept talking about McCain VP pick Sarah Palin. But their mics were still on. Oh my God. Everything we've suspected is true. The GOP is flipped out over this pick. Maybe the evangelical base is happy - maybe - but core Republicans, core conservatives, appears to be apoplectic and demoralized. Noonan was Reagan's most famous speech writer. She's no lightweight in the party, and she's no sexist. Here's the video, and the transcript is below.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg[/YOUTUBE]

Here's the transcript, courtesy of TPM:

CHUCK TODD: Mike Murphy, lots of free advice, we'll see if Steve Schmidt and the boys were watching. We'll find out on your blackberry. Tonight voters will get their chance to hear from Sarah Palin and she will get the chance to show voters she's the right woman for the job Up next, one man who's already convinced and he'll us why Gov. Jon Huntsman.
    (cut away)

PEGGY NOONAN: Yeah.

MIKE MURPHY: You know, because I come out of the blue swing state governor world: Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush. I mean, these guys -- this is how you win a Texas race, just run it up. And it's not gonna work. And --

PEGGY NOONAN: It's over.

MIKE MURPHY: Still McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech to do himself some good.

CHUCK TODD: I also think the Palin pick is insulting to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, too.

PEGGY NOONAN: Saw Kay this morning.

CHUCK TODD: Yeah, she's never looked comfortable about this --

MIKE MURPHY: They're all bummed out.

CHUCK TODD: Yeah, I mean is she really the most qualified woman they could have turned to?

PEGGY NOONAN: The most qualified? No! I think they went for this -- excuse me-- political bullshit about narratives --

CHUCK TODD: Yeah they went to a narrative.

MIKE MURPHY: I totally agree.

PEGGY NOONAN: Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

MIKE MURPHY: You know what's really the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical.

CHUCK TODD: This is cynical, and as you called it, gimmicky.

MIKE MURPHY: Yeah.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    HAHAHAHAH
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Oh please, please, please let CNN and MSNBC spin this clip every hour on the hour for the next week so everyone can see it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hahaha...this is what they're all thinking behind closed doors. Luvs it!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Silver Member

Wow,thanks a lot. The Republicans are not happy with Palin. Too much baggage,not qualified,plus other reasons. The evangelicals love her because she is very much one of them.

This is funny and needs to go on a loop...they need to play this everywhere. it gets no better than this...maybe!!!! LOLZ
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Kay Baily Hutchinson would have added so much. She is not my personal fav,but I would truly have given much thought to her on the ticket. Now I am spared any pondering.
    This is what I am seriously starting to wonder: how many prominent Republicans are secretly going to grit their teeth and vote for Obama??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

LULZ!!!!!

Quick, somebody send this to some major media!!!!

I for one am so happy that some Republicans are actually questioning this choice instead of accepting it blindly.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

^I concur. It's almost the only way they can do damage control and look to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I for one am so happy that some Republicans are actually questioning this choice instead of accepting it blindly.
    I would agree if they had the nerve to say it in front of a camera, but when the cameras are rolling, they stick to the party line. So, they are part of the "political bullshit about narratives" that they are complaining about.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

holy shit LOL.. this video has almost 500,000 hits in 4 hours. 4 hours!!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

LMAO

About time we hear the truth instead of Stepford comments.

I bet you all, this video gets pulled, and quickly.

Did people learn nothing from Jesse Jackson's example about NOT talking shit when you're still miked up?

But with that said, I love that they were ripping Palin.

Awesome.

O/T, did a quick search to see if anything recent came up:

Kay Bailey Hutchison cautious in praising Sarah Palin | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

6:01 PM CDT on Wednesday, September 3, 2008

By CHRISTY HOPPE / The Dallas Morning News
    choppe@dallasnews.com

ST. PAUL, Minn. – Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison contrasted the full-throated defense of Sarah Palin by some in her party and lowered the bar Wednesday by offering her own statesman-like, cautious praise for the vice presidential nominee.
    Asked if Ms. Palin is ready to be vice president, Ms. Hutchison said that "she offers a lot to the ticket. We'll see in the coming weeks how she does, where she goes. And I think she's going to do fine."

The state's senior senator spoke to reporters before Ms. Palin's much anticipated speech to the Republican convention.

In a week in which news of Ms. Palin's pregnant teenager and other issues has blown the convention off course as much as the winds of Gustav, the program Wednesday was seen as the opportunity to regain the momentum.
    Ms. Hutchison had also been scheduled to speak Wednesday night, but a shuffling of the scheduled caused her speech on energy needs of the nation to be dropped from the program, her spokesman said.

Mrs. Hutchison said she informed party leaders that she would voluntarily give up her speaking role because of the truncated convention caused by Hurricane Gustav.

“Obviously, they’re trying to fit four days into three,” said her spokesman Matt Mackowiak.

The senator was informed Wednesday morning of the decision to cut her time slot. There was still a possibility that she would address the convention on Thursday, Mr. Mackowiak said.

But she was one of the party's designated messengers, appearing on news programs, speaking to the Texas delegation and touting the Republican brand.

Ms. Hutchison said that Ms. Palin brings vitality to the ticket and a Washington outsider's ability to shake things up – but that she will have a lot to learn.

"There's no question that she's young, a new governor. And does she have the same experience as John McCain or Joe Biden? No," Ms. Hutchison said.
    "She's got a lot of promise, and I think John McCain decided to have a maverick by his side because he doesn't like the way business is done in Washington," she said.

Ms. Hutchison said there several calculations probably went into Ms. Palin's selection, including trying to attract disaffected Hillary Rodham Clinton supporters.

"Once Hillary was not on the ticket, there was going to be a historic opportunity for Republicans to put a woman on the ticket," she said. "You have the reformist; you have the youth; you have the opportunity to shake things up; you have a woman."

Ms. Hutchison was also reportedly a consideration for the ticket, but she repeated that her aspiration is to return to Texas, where she is evaluating a run for governor in 2010.

"It would be my hope that is the direction I'm able to go," she said, adding that she wouldn't make a decision until later. "But clearly I would like to have my life in Texas, and help Texas in Texas, rather than helping Texas in Washington."

Staff writer Todd J. Gillman in Minneapolis contributed to this report.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information