Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Politics don't get dirtier than smearing pregnant girl

Default Politics don't get dirtier than smearing pregnant girl

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. — Have American presidential politics become so hateful that a pregnant 17-year-old girl has to have the intimate details of her life exposed to the nation by character assassins?

Ask the left-wing Internet haters, the anonymous propagandists who call themselves bloggers on the Daily Kos.

And ask Bristol Palin, who didn't deserve it, and was a victim of the rumor-mongers consumed with attacking her mother, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican running mate of Sen. John McCain, because the mother is a conservative and opposes abortion.

The Internet rumors claimed that Sarah's baby, Trig, born four months ago with Down syndrome, wasn't really hers but her daughter's. They plucked some photos from the Internet, photos out of sequence, to make it appear as though Gov. Palin hadn't been pregnant, proving once again that on the Internet, the casualties are credibility and civility. Reading it, you could almost hear the saliva dripping from their teeth as they typed anonymously.

"Sarah Palin is NOT The Mother" cried one Daily Kos blogger who goes by a screen name ArcXIX. "Attention! Read The Follow-Up too! BabyGate: Explosive New Details.

"Now, I've known liars all my life," the blogger wrote. "Their single core problem is not with themselves, but those around them. If they're never called out on their twisting of truths and fabrications, they simply continue to make larger lies. Well Sarah, I'm calling you a liar and not even a good one. Trig Paxson Van Palin is not your son. He is your grandson. The sooner you come forward with this revelation to the public, the better."

I don't know if Komodo dragons can type, but their mouths are so full of bacteria that if they bite your leg you'll likely die. This anonymous Komodo was probably in mommy's basement, perhaps with a bowl of Chex Mix and a Diet Coke nearby.

Unfortunately for big lizard and the other haters, it wasn't true. But it did force Sarah and Todd Palin to come out with a statement on Monday. That's how Bristol was exposed.

"We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our hearts and mean everything to us," Sarah and Todd Palin said. "Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We're proud of Bristol's decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support."

The parents say their daughter will marry the young man. It would most likely have come out anyway, given the determination of Sarah Palin's opponents to make her out to be a hypocrite. But the way it became public was cruel. Now they're saying her mom's at fault for preaching abstinence to her children.

When I was just starting out as a reporter, a wise old newspaper man told me his rule: Don't ever write about their kids. Leave the kids alone, unless the child runs for office, or pulls down some fat government contract, or if the parent hauls them out as a shield before an indictment. Leave them alone, he said, because the kids don't deserve it, because they're civilians.

I took that to heart. And I know what it's like to be on the receiving end. Some of you may remember that, years ago, white political thugs under federal investigation for city affirmative-action contract fraud—who had connections to both the mob and City Hall—asked me about my children.

The thugs came up to me in a restaurant and asked why they never saw my little boys playing outside my house. They let me know they were interested in my kids. The thugs showed me their teeth, as if smiling, but their eyes weren't smiling. It was a message. It didn't work, and I wrote about it. And I'll never forget the thousands of e-mails and letters and calls that came to me from readers, many offering to stand in my driveway and watch out for my sons. My wife and I will never, ever forget your kindness.

This week marks the second time children have been targeted by those who don't like John McCain. And before his supporters on the political right puff up in indignation over what happened to the Palins, they should remember what the right did to McCain in 2000.

The victim was his daughter Bridget, found by Cindy McCain at Mother Teresa's orphanage in Bangladesh, brought to the U.S. for medical treatment and adopted. In the South Carolina primary, anonymous McCain opponents used a telephone "push poll" across the state, asking voters what they thought of McCain's "illegitimate" black child. McCain lost South Carolina, and the Republican nomination.

Who was the beneficiary?

George Bush.

So the crooked blade swings from the right and the left. The use of children as a weapon leaves a terrible stain, on the kids, on the losing candidates, on the winners, and on all of us.

Politics don't get dirtier than smearing pregnant girl -- chicagotribune.com
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Sarah Palin brought her daughter into this to dispel the rumours which she could clear up with a statement. SHE DID NOT. No she released a statement that her daughter is currently pregnant - she fucking stands on a platform for anti abortion/contraception and abstinence. Yeah that worked right- if she couldnt do it then she cant actually promote and force this onto the publicm, because she doesnt believe in CHOICE - RIGHT

The so called librul bloggers/reporters are just calling them on their bullshite- its ok to smear Obama being a muslim -
    They infering that Islam is a terrorist religion and intolerant- well then muslims are being smeared for that fact. But its ok to have Christian rightwing theocrats, which with their beliefs have alot in common with the Islamic nutters. Because they are upright moral people- RIGHT?

Then lets go to the sexism thing- Hilary, many of the shit/smears thrown had an eau de mysgyny but God forbid that Hey Beauty Queen Palin is being targetted by sexist evil librrruuuuul prigs.
    She has more experience than Obama right- yeah, I saw soundbite on youtube where one of the repubs bimbots actually stated that she had fucking experience because she SOLD A STATE 2 AND HALF MILLION PLANE ON EBAY. You know that means shes like intelligent and handles money really well.

Yeah this shows the liberal media are picking on scandal fungus growing like mountain prone Palin.

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    Sarah Palin brought her daughter into this to dispel the rumours which she could clear up with a statement. SHE DID NOT. No she released a statement that her daughter is currently pregnant - she fucking stands on a platform for anti abortion/contraception and abstinence. Yeah that worked right- if she couldnt do it then she cant actually promote and force this onto the publicm, because she doesnt believe in CHOICE - RIGHT

The so called librul bloggers/reporters are just calling them on their bullshite- its ok to smear Obama being a muslim -
    They infering that Islam is a terrorist religion and intolerant- well then muslims are being smeared for that fact. But its ok to have Christian rightwing theocrats, which with their beliefs have alot in common with the Islamic nutters. Because they are upright moral people- RIGHT?

Then lets go to the sexism thing- Hilary, many of the shit/smears thrown had an eau de mysgyny but God forbid that Hey Beauty Queen Palin is being targetted by sexist evil librrruuuuul prigs.
    She has more experience than Obama right- yeah, I saw soundbite on youtube where one of the repubs bimbots actually stated that she had fucking experience because she SOLD A STATE 2 AND HALF MILLION PLANE ON EBAY. You know that means shes like intelligent and handles money really well.

Yeah this shows the liberal media are picking on scandal fungus growing like mountain prone Palin.
    When has the MSM every reported the 'rumor' that Obama is a Muslim? When have they every reporterd on his ties to a domestic terrorist, Ayers?

And yeah, MORE than just FOX.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

This entire 'smear job' against Palin's poor pregnant daughter is such bullshit from the Republicans, because if one of Obama's daughters was 17 and pregnant, the Republicans and Fox News would be having a field day with it. And instead of trying to paint the daughter as being strong for keeping the baby, they'd be calling her a 'welfare mother' or some other crap, and blasting Barack and Michelle for being irresponsible parents.

And how can anybody be smearing Palin's daughter? She IS pregnant, allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    And how can anybody be smearing Palin's daughter? She IS pregnant, allegedly.
    the smearing would be the allegations that Sarah Palin's baby born with Down's was really Bristol's ......

not the fact that Bristol is pregnant...

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Karma.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Elite Member

Politics is a dirty business. There will always be bloggers, gossipers, et all on BOTH sides talking shit about the candidates, etc. No one forced Palin to make this announcement. She chose to do that to answer the rumors. She could have said nothing and dismissed them.

Honestly, I feel bad for Bristol to be caught up in this. But, when your mom is the governor, and now the VP candidate -- you do get dragged into it whether you want it or not, or whether it's fair or not.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    the smearing would be the allegations that Sarah Palin's baby born with Down's was really Bristol's ......
    That's not a smear against the daughter, that's an allegation that the Gov. Palin LIED to the public. I don't know anyone that has an issue with teenage pregnancy these days, but I think the [alleged] cover-up is just unreproachable.

While I don't think Bristol, or any candidates underaged child, should be dragged into an election, the issue with Bristol, Palin and the baby already had to be bubbling under the surface for it to blow up the day that Palin was announced as VP. What with the crazy story that Palin gave about giving birth, hiding the pregnancy from everyone, not looking pregnant, etc.

And Palin knew these rumors were going on, but yet she decided to drag her entire family onto the national stage just so she could be VP. She could have spared everyone a lot of trouble by not accepting the VP slot.

But the question can she prove that she is baby's mother?

Obama had to produce evidence because there was doubt he was a US citizen and because he born in Kenya and he had a muslim association-
    He produced the document- which the MSM got hold of

Barack Obama's birth certificate revealed here | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

And the muslim smears- it was everywhere, the MSM talking points made this into a huge factor and I know Fox had multiple orgasms with glee about it- but here are couple of articles about the discussing the smears

Foes Use Obama's Muslim Ties to Fuel Rumors About Him - washingtonpost.com
    Barack Obama: I'm no Muslim - Times Online

And they were arguing that he was an apostate because his father was a muslim. But I dont want to get into that, because he states he is a Christian and I dont see any reason why not to. Anyway most muslims dont see him pray or fast or do anything a practicing muslim would do so which are the requirements of the faith and therefore dont regard him as one. But say if he was - so what, but if there is something dodgy about the Ayers affairs and I dont see anything that is actually sticking to him about that. If there was something would come out and you know the repubs would have a field day- unlike Palin which is looking more dodgier by the second.

^^I could never understand how people could 'dispute' whether Obama was a citizen, no matter where he was born. His mother is a U.S. citizen, so that makes him one, too.

Palin is not the vicim here. She knew what she was putting her family into when she decided to run. Everything in your background comes out,on both sides-even if you talked back to a teacher in 3rd grade.
    The headline annoys me:Politics don't get dirtier than smearing pregnant girl . Right. That first rumor was done before we found out the kid was pregnant now.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    But the question can she prove that she is baby's mother?
    why should she have to?

Obama chose to address the rumors about him.....they weren't about his daughters..

It's OK to attack palin...but attack her...not her kids

why should she have to?
    For the same reason Obama had to prove he was really a U.S. citizen with his birth certificate. So you can try to put the issue to bed.

Why did Obama had to produce his birth certificate- turnabout is fair play.

Also the fact the whole pregnancy story about her family is just shady from the beginning- she could clearly state that Trig is her's and produce clear evidence that its her son, but you know Troopgate, Debt and Bridge to no where in Wasilla shows shes a trustworthy candidate right. So thrusting her daughter in the limelight to deflect Trig's birth and Katie Holmes (but without the bump) style pregnancy makes you believe her at face value.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information