Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evangelicals rally behind Sarah Palin after pregnancy news

Default Evangelicals rally behind Sarah Palin after pregnancy news

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) -- Key evangelical leaders rallied to Sarah Palin's support Monday amid news that her 17-year-old daughter, Bristol, was having a child.

"Before, they were excited about her, with the Down syndrome baby," conservative, anti-tax activist Grover Norquist said. "But now with this, they are over the moon. It reinforces the fact that this family lives its pro-life values."
    Palin and John McCain oppose abortion and have supported promoting abstinence in schools, which would seem to make Bristol Palin's pregnancy an inconveniently timed development.
    But she is keeping the child, a fact that could make the Alaska governor -- whose candidacy has been enthusiastically embraced by evangelicals who regard her as one of their own -- even more popular among that key GOP voting bloc.

"Fortunately, Bristol is following her mother and father's example of choosing life in the midst of a difficult situation," Family Research Council president Tony Perkins said. "We are committed to praying for Bristol and her husband-to-be and the entire Palin family as they walk through a very private matter in the eyes of the public."
    Evangelical leader Richard Land also backed Palin completely.

Those who criticize the Palin family don't understand that we don't see babies as a punishment but as a blessing. Barack Obama said that if one of his daughters made a mistake and got pregnant out of wedlock, he wouldn't want her to be punished with a child. Pro-lifers don't see a child as punishment."
    The immediate support of these major figures, who offered universal praise for the Palins' actions after learning their daughter was pregnant, provides the filter through which conservative Christian voters will process the development.
    Most important for Palin, an elder statesman of the movement, Focus on the Family founder James Dobson, released a statement lauding the Palins for acting in keeping with the group's policies and practices:
    "We have always encouraged the parents to love and support their children and always advised the girls to see their pregnancies through, even though there will of course be challenges along the way. That is what the Palins are doing, and they should be commended once again for not just talking about their pro-life and pro-family values, but living them out even in the midst of trying circumstances.
    "Being a Christian does not mean you're perfect. Nor does it mean your children are perfect. But it does mean there is forgiveness and restoration when we confess our imperfections to the Lord. I've been the beneficiary of that forgiveness and restoration in my own life countless times, as I'm sure the Palins have," Dobson said.
    Some evangelicals gathered in Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota, for the Republican convention speculated that the news would pose more of a problem for Democrats than for the GOP ticket.
    Speculation by some on blogs that Palin's son Trig was actually Bristol's child had led to outrage among conservatives.
    Any comment by Democrats that is viewed as remotely critical could make both Sarah and Bristol Palin appear to be sympathetic victims of a political vendetta.

By Monday afternoon, evangelical leaders were circling the wagons.
    "The media are already trying to spin this as evidence Gov. Palin is a 'hypocrite,' but all it really means is that she and her family are human," Dobson said. "They are in my prayers and those of millions of Americans."

Evangelicals rally behind Palin after pregnancy news - CNN.com

I like how they are so forgiving of Palin but if this had been the Democratic candidate, they would be screaming from the pulpits.

I don't know where the writer of the article got the quote from about Obama not wanting one of his daughters being punished with a child, when he said family and kids weren't apart of politics.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

You'd think they would rethink sex education and encourage birth control...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i told you. How convenient they forget about the no fucking before marriage bit.

Hypocrites.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

I don't get why some women I talk to are so excited about Palin. It's like they'll forgive her anything just because she has a vagina.

All I hear is that her lack of experience doesn't matter because "she's not running for President." People forget that a VP's main job is president in waiting. If the president is somehow unable mentally or physically to perform his/her duties, it's up to the VP. When I point that out to people, they say they're not worried about it. But her whole job is to be the spare president!!! How is she qualified??!!!

Geez, people are idiots.

What they need to question the fact shes willing to sell her daughter to the wolves so she can stay in the race.
    To me if I was a mother would question her judgment calls and cold blooded nature even to her own family.
    Why couldnt she just refute the claims in a statement- She did give birth to him didnt she?
    This shows they are hiding something and using another cover-up, and whether her daughter is pregnant or not- shes willing to sell her out. But another point- she has a DS baby and now a pregnant teen who she is probably forcing her to get married to her boyfriend to save face for the religious moral voters.

and the religious moral voters are lapping it up. unbelievable.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm waiting for the National Enquirer and other rags to get more dirt- then lets see if they can still swallow the shit thats out now.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I don't know where the writer of the article got the quote from about Obama not wanting one of his daughters being punished with a child, when he said family and kids weren't apart of politics.
    He said it in one of his speeches. Can't remember which one or where it was at, but I remember him saying it when the abortion issue was being discussed.

Bristol's baby Daddy's comments at his myspace- This gets better and better lol

On his MySpace page, Johnston boasts, "I'm a f - - -in' redneck" who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes.

"But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s- - - and just f - - -in' chillin' I guess."
    "Ya f - - - with me I'll kick [your] ass," he added.
    He also claims to be "in a relationship," but states, "I don't want kids."
    Levi Johnston: Bristol Palin's Baby Daddy Revealed (PHOTOS)

^^Wow. That kid really looks like a winner. I guess Bristol can look forward to her husband getting drunk and whooping her ass every Friday night.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I just heard a sound clip of Obama saying the exact thing. If I can find it on the web, I'll post the link.

SS, you're right about Lieberman.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, I remember Obama saying that, about his kids. I took it as, Obama mean't punished because he KNOWS once you have a child, especially young, 95% of the time, your life is over, and you can't go out and have fun anymore, whenever you want. You have responsibilities. Don't be a young teenager going out and having sex, and more than likely, getting pregnant.

This is not about Obama. Don't try to make it about Obama. He clearly said that family members should not be up on the block.

This is about Sarah Palin, her knocked up teenage, unwed daughter and that slacker boyfriend she has.

Using your kids for political point-scoring like that is just disgusting. Especially when you know you're exposing them to a media field day with this sort of story! The last thing a pregnant teen needs is the scrutiny of the whole world and all sorts of randoms expressing their opinions through the media. She's already trying to cope with enough turmoil and sudden changes in her life, the poor kid.

What kind of parent would sell out her own daughter like that? Not the sort of person who should become Vice-President, that's for sure...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information