Thread: Sarah Palin has NOTHING to go with Alaska's national guard. HAHAHA.

Talking Sarah Palin has NOTHING to go with Alaska's national guard. HAHAHA.

Weird new talking point from the McCain campaign. They're now saying that Sarah Palin, or perhaps we should now be calling her General Palin, is "Commander in Chief" of the Alaska National Guard that is fighting in Iraq. I'm sure the governor is the de jure chief of the state's national guard, but to imply that she's somehow the equivalent of the Commander in Chief of the US military, direct Alaska's forces in the fight against Al Qaeda, running through war plans and launching rocket attacks, is just laughable. Don't take it from me. Take it from the general who runs the Alaska National Guard:

Maj. Gen. Craig Campbell, adjutant general of the Alaska National Guard... said he and Palin play no role in national defense activities, even when they involve the Alaska National Guard. The entire operation is under federal control, and the governor is not briefed on situations.

Oops.

This interview, below, is simply astounding. CNN's Campbell Brown just obliterates McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds who simply refuses to answer, is unable to answer, the simple question as to what foreign policy experience Palin has. He couldn't name one decision she made as commander in chief of the Alaska National Guard. Watch the video below or via this link.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jRhN5Et9QQ[/YOUTUBE]

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    ROFLCOPTER

This gets better by the minute
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Christ, what a failure. Why not just admit she hasn't done squat instead of continuing to squirm and lie?

^ Because not only does she have to keep the Republicans happy, but also the Democrats!

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Oh my God. I can hardly wait until MSNBC starts talking politics again.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

That interview was hysterical. The Republicans are really reaching to try and make her appear like a Commander-In-Chief.

I can't wait for Biden to destroy Palin in a debate if she tries to act like she knows more about foreign policy than he does.
    Last edited by kingcap72; September 1st, 2008 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    That interview was hysterical. The Republicans are really reaching to try and make her appear like a Commander-In-Chief.

I can't wait for Biden to destroy Palin in a debate if she tries to act like she knows more about foreign poilicy than he does.
    She'll be eaten for lunch.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I saw that interview on CNN and man...seeing Tucker squirm was both amusing and pathetic. Can't name ONE thing she's done? this should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post

I can't wait for Biden to destroy Palin in a debate if she tries to act like she knows more about foreign policy than he does.
    We're assuming she'll last that long. She has her "Troopergate" deposition to give this week. Who knows what scandals will come up throughout the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    We're assuming she'll last that long. She has her "Troopergate" deposition to give this week. Who knows what scandals will come up throughout the week!
    That's true. But I hope she lasts long enough to debate Biden. Although, it's amazing that Palin was announced as VP on Friday morning, and by Friday afternoon an avalanche of bullshit with her started and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon.

But I wonder how long it'll be before McCain plays the POW card to try and deflect from Palin?

If they don't get rid of Palin, they need to get rid of that Tucker guy. He is as dumb as a switch... I don't know which is more pathetic, them calling her Commander-N-Chief of the NG of Alaska, or him dodging the question!!
    This is almost like Christmas...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Default Alaskan journalist on Palin

Palin & Stevens

CBS delves into the relationship between Gov. Sarah Palin and Sen. Ted Stevens in a short piece based on Sen. Lindsey Graham's comment: "Gov. Palin took on Ted Stevens. If she can take him on, she can take on the Russians."

But more to the point, Graham's just wrong. Palin didn't "take on" the allegedly corrupt Alaskan senator; she allied herself with him throughout her brief political career. That includes, we learned today, Palin's work on Stevens' 527 group.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin began building clout in her state's political circles in part by serving as a director of an independent political group organized by the now embattled Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens.

In the grand scheme of things, this is probably not the most serious of revelations. It's interesting, I suppose, to connect Palin to one of the more scandal-plagued lawmakers in Washington, but most Americans probably don't even know who Ted Stevens is.

More importantly, though, doesn't it seem as if the McCain campaign's talking points on Palin need a complete overhaul?

The McCain campaign said Palin opposed the infamous "bridge to nowhere." That's false. The campaign said Palin supported the Bush "surge" policy. That's false. The campaign said Palin is the "commander in chief" of the Alaska National Guard. That's misleading. The campaign said Palin is qualified on foreign policy because she lives in a state near Russia. That's dumb.

And the campaign boasted about Palin "taking on" Stevens, and that's wrong. Did the person who wrote the talking points have any idea who Sarah Palin is?

The full blog post is at CBS News - Breaking News Headlines: Business, Entertainment & World News.
    The Washington Post follows the same trail with this story.
    MSNBC has more here.
    ABC's digging into Palin's political background is here.

An Alaskan Abroad: Palin & Stevens

^^Seems like Palin and the Republicans are just making her resume up as they go along. Throw some shit to the wall and let's see what sticks.

Lets be clear about this..the republicans and their base does not care if she's qualified or not, she embodies all that they believe in and stand for-for McCain to dump her, Palin's grand baby's daddy would have to be black. It is sad, but its very true...that illegitimate black baby lie killed McCain's run for President in 2000. We can bitch all we want, but now isn't the time to get happy about his choice and her various issues, because nothing sticks to them. I don't give a crap about her screwing at 17, and becoming pregnant...but her moms stances on abortion, and no sex-ed are not only hypocritical, but it puts other kids in danger. Alaska has the highest cases of STD rates in the US(according to CNN)..this woman is reckless, her beliefs are ludicrous, and archaic!!

This woman has a good chance of being a stroke away from the red phone, extreme abuse of power, drilling, killing of animals, no rights for the LBGT community, the highest rates of STD's, and pregnancies this country has ever seen. How anyone can be a fan of this kind of unqualified, reckless, hazardous, and incompetent thinking is beyond me. She goes against everything I believe in...shit stand for. We have to work hard for Change, fussing about it here won't get us there. We're not changing her supporters minds. But there ways to reach those independent thinkers. I know I don't want November 5th to come, and I'm like duh WTF HAPPENED! Knowing full well I could've made a phone call, knocked on a door, whatever...
    Last edited by *DIVA!; September 2nd, 2008 at 04:00 AM.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Thread Information