Thread: John McCain uses a hurricane to paint Barack Obama as unpatriotic

Thumbs down John McCain uses a hurricane to paint Barack Obama as unpatriotic

This is about as phony as you get, people.

John McCain's campaign manager today accused Barack Obama of practicing politics as Hurricane Gustav bears down on the Gulf Coast.

Rick Davis, in a brief interview following a pep talk he gave to convention volunteers in St. Paul, Minn., said there was a difference between the actions of McCain and Obama.

"Look at what happened today — did Barack Obama attack John McCain or Sarah Palin?" Davis asked.

Told Obama had criticized McCain and Palin on the campaign trail over pay equity, Davis continued: "So he attacks us while there's a hurricane going on and John McCain suspends his convention basically. What bigger contrast can you have about putting your country first?"

While dismayed about the impact Gustav is sure to have on their convention, Republicans see the storm as another opportunity to paint McCain as somebody who, even to the detriment of his own campaign, is willing to sacrifice his political interests for a larger good.

"It's pretty for him to set politics behind his country," Davis stated. "He does it all the time. Believe me, it’s not the easiest way in the world to run a campaign. But this is business as usual in McCainworld."

And, Davis argued, that's not how their Democratic rival operates.

"I thought Barack Obama said the other night that everybody puts their country first," he said with a touch of sarcasm. "Really?"

While McCain sought to stay above the fray, he still held a rally near St. Louis today that included some traditional partisan fare.

Speaking before McCain, former rival Mitt Romney went after Obama, if not by name.

"And you want to make sure our next president is someone who should be talking about protecting our nation and doesn’t just say let's sit down with the world’s worst actors Ahmadinejad and the Castro brothers," Romney said. "But instead says, let’s sit down with the best democracies in the world and form a league of democracies. Let’s protect America. You want to make sure the people of America understand that when it comes to strengthening our economy we’re not in favor of raising taxes and cutting off trade and drawing a line and saying no nuclear, no coal and no more drilling. Instead, you want a president who will say, I’ll get this economy going with low taxes, and more trade for our goods, and yes, we will drill for more oil."

Jonathan Martin's Blog: McCain chief hits Obama for playing politics as Gustav looms - Politico.com
    Americablog is predictably apoplectic:

Obama could have talked about how McCain going to the hurricane zone was irresponsible, self-aggrandizing, and endangered the lives of those in the region whose leaders would better spend their time evacuating their citizens rather than holding court with John McCain. Obama could have talked about how tacky and sleazy and opportunistic it is for John McCain to be considering using the Hurricane Gustav disaster zone as a backdrop for his political convention acceptance speech. Obama could have talked about Mccain's vote against the Katrina Commission to hold the Bush Administration accountable for their disastrous non-handling of the previous hurricane. He could have talked about McCain's vote against extending unemployment benefits to Katrina victims. He could have talked about McCain's vote against Medicaid for Katrina victims. He could have talked about McCain voting against funding the Army Corps of Engineers. He could have talked about McCain seeking and receiving the endorsement of Pastor John Hagee after Hagee said Katrina was God's punishment against New Orleans.

And finally, Barack Obama could have talked about how John McCain went and ate cake with George Bush while people were literally dying in New Orleans as Hurricane Katrina struck. Hell, Obama could have, and should have, made this photo into a TV ad that he should run doing the entire Republican convention this week.

But Obama didn't do any of that. And now John McCain is using the hurricane to attack Barack Obama's loyalty to our great nation. Being nice to Republicans earns us nothing. How many times do we have to be taught this lesson before Democrats get it?

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

BARACK OBAMA DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE!

Wait a minute...

^^LOL!!

Considering that Gustav is just reminding people of how McCain's good friend Bush fucked up three years ago, he shouldn't go there. And Obama's getting his donors to help out the victims of Gustav, what's McCain doing, besides putting an ex-beauty queen on his ticket?

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    ^^LOL!!

Considering that Gustav is just reminding people of how McCain's good friend Bush fucked up three years ago, he shouldn't go there. And Obama's getting his donors to help out the victims of Gustav, what's McCain doing, besides putting an ex-beauty queen on his ticket?
    He's going to run around and make many idiotic speeches filled with unconsidered ideas.

See: Georgia, Russian Attack On.

oh, and will someone tell Romney that they've been talking to iran for the better part of a few years now?

Not that the idiots who lap this shit up will know that
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    BARACK OBAMA DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE!

Wait a minute...

That's funny, but very sad. This isn't a competition. People are being evacuated because a Cat 3 hurricane is hours away. But they want to politicize this..fine. Let's all go to the gutter politic reserves and see who can trash who more. Fuck those people who might lose their homes, and lively hoods!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Thread Information