Thread: John McCain attempts to defend senior moment VP pick of Sarah Palin

Default John McCain attempts to defend senior moment VP pick of Sarah Palin

McCain defends VP pick
    associated press
    Republican White House candidate John McCain on Sunday defended his choice of Sarah Palin as running mate against Democratic claims she is dangerously inexperienced.
    McCain's wife Cindy meanwhile said Palin credentials were bolstered by the fact that she hails from Alaska, the closest part of the US continent to Russia, to which her husband has adopted a tough political line.
    "She's got the right judgement. She doesn't think like Senator Obama does that Iran is a minor irritant," McCain said an interview with Fox News Sunday on the eve of the Republican National Convention here.
    "She's been a commander in chief of the Alaska national guard," said McCain, adding Palin's son, who is in the US Army, is shortly to be deployed to Iraq.
    "I'm proud of her knowledge," McCain said.
    Democrats and some political commentators have savaged McCain's pick of Palin, 44, a mother of five, over her lack of expertise in foreign affairs, saying she is too inexperienced to be a "heartbeat" away from the presidency.
    McCain's wife Cindy also defended her husband's decision to turn to Palin, which electrified the crucial conservative powerbase in the Republican Party.
    "She is heavily experienced in what she has done," said Cindy McCain on ABC News This Week.
    "The experience that she comes from is with what she's done in the government," she said of the former mayor and Alaska governor.
    "And, also, remember, Alaska is the closest part of our continent to Russia. So it's not as if she doesn't understand what's at stake here."
    Democrat John Kerry however, a key ally of Democratic nominee Barack Obama, lashed out at the selection, saying on ABC that it proved McCain was "erratic"
    "John McCain's judgment is once again, put at issue, because he's chosen somebody who clearly doesn't meet the national security threshold, who is not ready to be president tomorrow.
    "He's chosen somebody who actually doesn't believe that climate change is man made. He's chosen somebody who has zero -- zero experience in foreign policy."
    McCain has spent weeks questioning the inexperience of his Democratic opponent, first-term Senator Barack Obama, but appears to have defused those attacks with his choice of Palin.
    McCain defends VP pick
    "She's been Commander-In-Chief of the Alaska National Guard." WTF! LOL.

Wow, fearmongering all over the place.. Iran.. russia.. fear fear fear..

oh and cindy? this is a gem:

"She is heavily experienced in what she has done," said Cindy McCain on ABC News This Week.
    ... .really cindy? You mean she's experienced at thing's she's been involved in?

No shit!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hey, one ex-beauty queen defends another ex-beauty queen. That's a ringing endorsement if I ever heard one.

"And, also, remember, Alaska is the closest part of our continent to Russia. So it's not as if she doesn't understand what's at stake here."
    Cindy's back on the prescription pills again.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Wow, fearmongering all over the place.. Iran.. russia.. fear fear fear..

oh and cindy? this is a gem:

... .really cindy? You mean she's experienced at thing's she's been involved in?

No shit!
    With 5 kids,she certainly is experienced at childbearing,too...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Kind of off topic, but didn't want to make a thread about it solo because I'm not sure if the forum is for strictly article discussions but...

Why is everyone commenting on her looks? I'm already hearing "really pretty", "hot" and the dreaded "milf". She looks like your average middle american white woman with glasses.

She is attractive. I've got to give her that.

Although one of the Republicans I work with said that "she's better looking than most Democratic female politicians who look like lesbians."

Red

Isn't it about the only positive thing that you can comment on about her?? She's good looking, MILTF, VPILTF etc etc.
    Not much else really.

She's close to Siberia, not the Kremlin!

Nope, still don't see it, at all.

I don't think she is attractive either. I hate her 80's hairdo, and her bitchy face and awful voice don't help. But I might be biased because to me, she is so ugly on the inside that even if she looked like a supermodel I would probably still find her ugly, based on the person she is.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Kind of off topic, but didn't want to make a thread about it solo because I'm not sure if the forum is for strictly article discussions but...

Why is everyone commenting on her looks? I'm already hearing "really pretty", "hot" and the dreaded "milf". She looks like your average middle american white woman with glasses.
    I don't get it either. The first thing my husband said when he saw her was "She's pretty." She's not ugly but with her style and glasses she looks pretty average and middle aged to me. I guess she's just the best looking of most of the female politicians out there and that makes her stand out. But put her in a room with really pretty modern women and she'd look like Michelle Duggar.

It is rather uncomfortable explaining to older people what a MILF, and VPILF is...poor things thought is was something that gave her more experience than Biden. Once I told them, they said 'who would want to screw a woman with five kids, who is fertile as hell!! I think she could be a very pretty lady, if she weren't so ugly on the inside.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Thread Information