Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama gets high reviews for speech

Default Barack Obama gets high reviews for speech

Barack Obama: High reviews for speech

Barack Obama also holds an 8-point advantage over John McCain.

by Mark Silva
    ST. PAUL, Minn. - Barack Obama is getting high ratings for his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention, with 58 percent of those surveyed giving it a positive review and 43 percent saying it could make them more likely to vote for the junior senator from Illinois seeking the White House.
    Obama also has maintained an eight-point advantage over rival John McCain in Gallup's daily tracking poll, which includes the last two days of the convention and the day afterward - the day that McCain named his running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin. The Democrat leads the Republican by 49-41 percent in the daily track, a measure of Obama's "convention "bounce,'' Gallup says.
    "The Friday interviewing was conducted in an unusual political environment -- the first conducted fully after Obama's well-regarded acceptance speech,'' Gallup notes.
    Fifty-eight percent of Americans give Obama's speech a positive review, including 35 percent calling it "excellent."
    Both ratings surpass those for the 2000 and 2004 presidential candidates - with Obama's excellent rating "higher than any other other recent candidate has received.,'' Gallup reports.

Barack Obama: High reviews for speech: The Swamp

That's good to hear about Obama's speech.

I think McCain wanted a game-changer with Palin, and he got it, but it doesn't appear to change the game the way he thought it would. The Palin pick coming on the heels of Obama's speech misfired in some ways. It got McCain the media attention he wanted, but the wrong kind of attention. It'll be interesting to see the reaction to Palin's speech at the RNC.

WOO!! AMEN! Just like the TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    WOO!! AMEN! Just like the TV show.

Oh God, I still cannot believe that Smirky McDumbass spent
    almost 700 billion!!!!!!!!!! mostly on an illegal war!!!!!!!
    Yeah, Repugs, DO vote for McSame and not only your
    children's children, but the generation AFTER that one
    will still be up to their ears in the shit your administrations
    brought us
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

How do the repugs convince anyone that they are good for the economy?
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    How do the repugs convince anyone that they are good for the economy?
    Fear tactics and smear campaigns. It's the same way they convince people that they're stronger on national security than Dems. Which is why I suspect we'll be getting a 'terror alert' in late October or early November just like in 2004.

Yup yup, we are a united and happy political family now!

Michelle wouldn't let Hillary call shotgun like that.

lmfao ^

that is awesome.
    ssabmud

^^If you look close enough you'll notice that Obama's hands are white and Hillary's are black. They really are united. LOL.

^^^that's a hoot!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

love it!

Of course it got rave reviews.
    We haven't heard a candidate in recent years make us feel this good about being Americans, looking forward to a brighter future, and inspiring us for what wonderful things he could bring to this country.

Bush sure as hell doesn't do that for me. When I see him talking on TV, I think, Lies, lies, lies, more lies--is he making up words again?and want to throw tomatoes at the screen.

Obama moves people. There is no denying it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    We haven't heard a candidate in recent years make us feel this good about being Americans, looking forward to a brighter future, and inspiring us for what wonderful things he could bring to this country.

Bush sure as hell doesn't do that for me. When I see him talking on TV, I think, Lies, lies, lies, more lies--is he making up words again?and want to throw tomatoes at the screen.
    Nah, you're just misunderestimating him!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post

Exactly. I think its been so long that people are calling him a fake; they're so used to George Bush and his bullshit speeches that to see someone who is actually articulate and passionate doubtfully. I even see them poking fun of him for the slogans "hope" and "change" like it is a bad thing. WTF!!!!!!!!! Leave it to Americans to criticize someone who has the confidence and balls to try and lead the country into something positive that it once was, and not strike fear anymore What's wrong with Americans...

This is one of my favorite comments from someone who was European take on the election/Hillary, I liked it so much I had to favorite it. I'm looking for others, so if anyone knows a forum where I can read some, let me know!

Posted by jobi4729
    August 25, 2008 9:23 PM
    To all you guys fake-hillary supporters, or true hillary supporters planning to switch for Mc Cain: I’m not from the U.S., but here in Europe we have great expectactions about this presidential race’s issue. Your candidate lost. Period. It’s time to move on. She is. Why aren’t you? About him, I don’t see where’s the point saying Obama isn’t prepared. Like Kennedy was? Lincoln was? The guy may not be at his top rendering, but he’s a real hope not only for America, but for the whole world. Do yourselves a favor and please stop thinking about your own ass. This election’s issue will affect not only your fate, but the whole world’s.
    You’ve been having the worst presidency ever for eight years now, making a shame of your country and its values,
    1st: Patriot Act and terminating Civil Liberties
    2nd: Not signing Kyoto and F***** the whole planet with your pollution
    3rd: Invading and destroying a Foreign Country not one of you knows about, which was a cornerstone of our world’s culture, burning down 4000 years of history, firing up a whole region, slaughtering millions of families, kids, people who never asked for your coming, all that not even for oil, but to profit the few selfish bastards running your country and making fun of you who voted and RE-voited for them,
    4th: By the same way making the Oil’s price skyrocketting worldwide,
    5th: Making your own country hated by every other one and even more unsecure for the next century.
    I grew up loving America, for what it represented: hope, change, freedom. I still do, but please, make yourselves a favor, and get the man who’s willing to bring back those values. And, oh, I just feel those who can’t stand the guy just have an unadmitted something against non-white running the country. Even that would be a pride guys, you would show the world what you really are able of, what your true values are, you would be the first ones and lead the world again.
    I repeat, please make youselves a favor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information