Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ha! Say the online Hillary Clinton supporters

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Ha! Say the online Hillary Clinton supporters

Ha! Say the Online Hillary Supporters

By Krissah Williams Thompson

The HillBloggers -- stalwart online supporters of Sen. Hillary Clinton -- are fired up this morning by the announcement that Sen. John McCain has chosen Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate.

The common refrain: "Obama will regret not choosing Hillary now!"

Taylor Marsh, a Las Vegas blogger who developed a large following of Clintonites during the primary, wrote this morning that: "This is a move to peel off disaffected HRC voters. I guess McCain thinks they're stupid and willing to vote for any woman. Rabidly pro life, an NRA member, she's not exactly a champion of women's civil rights.

We'll have to see where she stands on health care and equal pay. But one thing this does is keep Hillary Clinton in the forefront throughout the general election. We'll be hearing the phrase 'Hillary Clinton voters' until November."

A post on Tennessee Guerrilla Women, a blog run by Hillary supporters in the state, said the Palin pick will cause large numbers of women to "once again tune into politics. And karma will once again prove to be a total [pain] for Barack Obama and the party elders of the undemocratic Democratic Party!

"Barack Obama should have begged Hillary Rodham Clinton to be on his Democratic ticket. John McCain may well be about to bring that chilling fact home to Barack Obama."

On the group blog Feministe, Jill Filipovic, a 20-something New Yorker, worried that the Palin pick would "woo white suburban politically moderate female voters" from the Dems.

Palin "has a solid resume. She's not an old white dude, which makes McCain look less stodgy. Biden will have a harder time debating against her without coming across as a bully (especially since he's something of a loose cannon prone to idiotic slips of the tongue, despite being an excellent debater). She could potentially woo white suburban politically moderate female voters. She's likable and has a very all-American story. She has a son in the military. The media is already swooning over her.

"All that said: She doesn't have much foreign policy (or any other governing) experience, which puts a dent in McCain's argument that experience is everything. But... yeah, this was a smart choice on McCain's part. Damn."

No Quarter USA, an online hub for anti-Obama Hillary supporters, had this comment from Danny in Alaska, a disaffected Hillary Democrat who had pledged not to vote for Obama, on a news post. He called Palin an independent and said a "vote for MCCAIN IS NO LONGER A PROTEST VOTE! I want bumper stickers."

Ha! Say the Online Hillary Supporters | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Biden will have a harder time debating against her without coming across as a bully
    It's thinking like this which makes the PUMAS look like morons. If they think Biden should take it easy on Palin because she's a woman then they're insulting women. Obama didn't take it easy on Hillary, and Hillary was stronger than Palin.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    It's thinking like this which makes the PUMAS look like morons. If they think Biden should take it easy on Palin because she's a woman then they're insulting women. Obama didn't take it easy on Hillary, and Hillary was stronger than Palin.
    Yup. That is THE main thing that upset and pissed me off about the Hillbots. On the one hand it was supposed to be about feminism, woman power, equal rights, and so forth. Then they would turn around and whine and cry about how mean all those mean old men were being. IN POLITICS!!! They had NO ovaries.

But one thing this does is keep Hillary Clinton in the forefront throughout the general election. We'll be hearing the phrase 'Hillary Clinton voters' until November."
    Yes of course because this is ALL about Hillary and her supporters. Grow. The. Fuck. UP!!!!!!!

oh please LOL.

Don't believe this nonsense. Most of these so-called Hillary supporters are actually Republican trolls sent out to the liberal blogs to stir up the hornets net. The media is so eager to jump on it without doing any investigation because they're desperate for a story.

I don't know one disgruntled Hillary supporter who is going to vote for McCain/Palin. In fact, everyone I speak to is offended at the assumption that women are interchangeable.

Democrats are united and anyone who says we're not....well, we'll see you at the elections.

Quote Originally Posted by betagrl View Post
    Don't believe this nonsense. Most of these so-called Hillary supporters are actually Republican trolls sent out to the liberal blogs to stir up the hornets net. The media is so eager to jump on it without doing any investigation because they're desperate for a story.

I don't know one disgruntled Hillary supporter who is going to vote for McCain/Palin. In fact, everyone I speak to is offended at the assumption that women are interchangeable.

Democrats are united and anyone who says we're not....well, we'll see you at the elections.
    Well said!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

It depends, my mom was diehard Hillary, worked on her campaign, and is still bitter. She says nothing Hillary said was a real endorsement and will never vote for Obama because she doesn't trust him and he stole the nomination from her precious Hillary and would it have been so hard to just offer her the VP (runon intentional, usually all those are strung together in one big single breath rant). When Palin was announced she started talking about how at least someone got it right and won't listen to any logic or other facts. It's a woman and that's all that matters. It scares me to no end, but there are way more like her out there.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

I hope there are enough pissed off women who are insulted by McCain's choice that they will vote Obama. He may gain some women, but I think when America get to know Palin, they will vote Obama. She is very scary, but even scarier is McCain who picked her.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Ha! Say the Online Hillary Supporters

A post on Tennessee Guerrilla Women, a blog run by Hillary supporters in the state
    I'm sorry, I can't listen with a straight face to any organization calling themselves Guerrilla Women..

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    The media is already swooning over her.
    They are? On my TV, I'm seeing a lot of 'who?' and 'well this is a surprise' and bumbling, more qualified Republican women struggling to find some justification for Palin.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    It depends, my mom was diehard Hillary, worked on her campaign, and is still bitter. She says nothing Hillary said was a real endorsement and will never vote for Obama because she doesn't trust him and he stole the nomination from her precious Hillary and would it have been so hard to just offer her the VP (runon intentional, usually all those are strung together in one big single breath rant). When Palin was announced she started talking about how at least someone got it right and won't listen to any logic or other facts. It's a woman and that's all that matters. It scares me to no end, but there are way more like her out there.
    What about Palin being pro-life? She will go with that??
    If you have to,you will just cancel out her vote! We love doing that to each other in our family-always with much glee!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I preferred Hillary, too. But, like she said in her speech at the DNC: it is
    NOT about her. It is about our country that is in DESPERATE need of
    change. REAL change, so not from some ancient idiot who promises to
    keep in line with the disastrous policies that have brought our great
    nation to the brink of bankruptcy, both financially and morally.
    Jesus Christ, people. WAKE UP!!!!!
    Don't behave like women scorned. Think about your future, your
    children's future, THEIR children's future. With 4 more years of the
    same Repug shit, we don't have to wait for a natural disaster like
    Katrina or a huge earthquake to destroy the US, it will fall apart all
    by itself!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    What about Palin being pro-life? She will go with that??
    If you have to,you will just cancel out her vote! We love doing that to each other in our family-always with much glee!
    I doubt she even knows her real politics, she's blinded by the woman part. And I won't just cancel out her vote, my family will come out at least 1 on top for Obama, if not 2. My dad is also for Obama, and I THINK my sister is too, haven't talked to her about it since the announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    When Palin was announced she started talking about how at least someone got it right and won't listen to any logic or other facts. It's a woman and that's all that matters. It scares me to no end, but there are way more like her out there.
    Yikes, NoDay, is she voting for that thing for real? Would it be too much to suggest you accidentally lock your mother in the house in election day?

Hit By Ban Bus!

The PUMAs will vote for McCain because they want Hillary in 2012. They believe 12 years of Bush's policies will finally wake the nation up to vote for the candidate they think is most qualified to fix what the republicans broke. It doesn't matter if McCain/Palin are the antithesis of what the PUMAs or the democrats stand for. To them it's a small lost in the short run and a large gain in the long run.

But what the PUMAS don't understand is that if they help McCain win, and Palin has to take over as president, then they're helping her to beat Hillary to the punch as the first female president.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information