Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin unlikely to woo Hillary Clinton supporters

Default Sarah Palin unlikely to woo Hillary Clinton supporters

Edelman: Palin unlikely to woo Clinton supporters

Local GOP consultant Mike Edelman’s take just now on McCain’s choice of Sarah Palin: “This is a crapshoot for him.”
    “Frankly I am disappointed at what I know to be the reasoning for the pick,” Edelman told me.

Edelman said he talked to someone he knows among Mitt Romney’s advisers today about the reasoning behind the selection.
    “The reason James Baker was persuaded to select a female from Alaska was the notion that disaffected Hillary Clinton females would be attracted to the McCain ticket,” Edelman said. “I happen to disagree with that.”

McCain said it was a bid for “the 27 percent of Hillary Clinton supporters who say they aren’t going to vote for the Democratic ticket.” Edelman thinks it won’t work because, “I think those pro-choice pro-Hillary middle to lower middle class white voters followed Hillary for ideological reasons and aren’t going to be easily switched to a pro-life Republican NRA card-holding governor from Alaska who they’ve never heard of.”

Edelman, who supported Rudy Giuliani and then McCain during the campaign, said Romney, to him, would have been the “obvious choice.” “He’s been vetted, he’s been through a campaign, he would be ready on Day 1 to be president should something happen to McCain.”

As for Palin, “I’m sure she’s a lovely lady but I’m sure she has a resume that’s as thin as Barack Obama’s.”

Edelman said in his opinion McCain needed someone with something more equivalent to Democratic VP pick Joseph Biden’s level of experience, who could step in if, “God forbid what happens if two or three years into (McCain’s) term he becomes ill.”

As for the suggestion that Palin’s selection could potentially make history by putting the first woman into the vice presidency, Edelman replied, “It’s the top of the ticket that makes history, not second place.”

Politics on the Hudson

I bolded the last paragraph, because it rings a good point. Remember Geraldine Ferraro, the female vice presidential pick in 1984? How much of an impact did her gender make? And how many people basically forgot about her, once Reagan won again?

People usually don't give a damn about the number two man, the vice presidential picks happen to matter more, this time, because BOTH candidates stand a good chance of dying in office. It's a fact, one's old, and the other's black (I'm not being discriminatory, but there's still a shitload of crazy racists, out there).

“The reason James Baker was persuaded to select a female from Alaska was the notion that disaffected Hillary Clinton females would be attracted to the McCain ticket,” Edelman said. “I happen to disagree with that.”
    I'll have to disagree with Edelman. I think plenty will be happy to hold their nose and vote for McCain now that he's chosen a female runningmate.

I'll also have to disagree with his assessment of how historic it will be. Either a black man or a woman will be elected in November. It's writing history, regardless.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

A black man or women will be in office this time, and that's historic. Of course most people do pay attention more to the top of the ticket, but the fact is a female VP would still make history. But I agree that the pick is not likely to attract most Hillary supporters, as Palin doesn't stand for anything she did at all.

So, the PUMAS are happy, which means that it was all about gender for them. And Hillary was right when she asked did they get into the race for her or for the country. Good riddance and go vote for McCain/Palin.

But it is good to see history being written before our eyes with either the first black president or the first female VP.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Oh?

Sarah Palin is McCain's VP selection!! - www.hillaryclintonforum.net - Powered by vBulletin

Do you see what was written? They're Democrats turning to the Republican side, because they're still in the middle of throwing their big ol' bitch fit, because their favorite OMG CANDIDATE WITH A UTERUS couldn't get it.

Not only did he choose a woman, but he didn't pick the big guys.
    He picked the anchorage girl who is a family woman, just had a baby, and is a former beauty queen!
    She's smart and very nice
    Very valid reasons to vote for McCain/Palin.

Buuuuurn Obama Buuuurn!
    Betrayal.

OMG! Republican candidate chooses a woman!!! Take that Democrats,party of sexism!!! ROFLMAO!!
    Coming in second place doesn't mean they get the V.P. nod. It's not sexism that Hillary wasn't picked. So, Hillary lost! ROFLMAO!

Obama snubbed the most viable and experienced woman who received 18 million votes, for another MALE.
    Obama didn't snub anyone, you see? The only person who did Hillary in was herself. Obama wanted someone with experience, and he picked Biden.

So TKDgirl, all you've done is link us to a forum full of betrayers to the Democratic party, and they're fucking loony tunes to boot. These dumbasses don't care about where this country is going, all they care about is getting a woman into the White House. GENDER OR RACE DOES NOT MATTER, the fate of the country does, and I can't believe that they'd let the gender of A VICE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE cloud their senses! THE VICE PRESIDENTIAL PICK DOES NOT MATTER, THE PRESIDENTIAL PICK DOES! HOLY SHIT!

I like how one of them over there says they'll "vote twice just to stick it to Obama".... LMAO

Like the second vote would even be counted. Dim.

^^These idiots are the ones that give WOMEN a bad name...

^ Yes, they are. They make women in general look like shallow, man haters, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    I like how one of them over there says they'll "vote twice just to stick it to Obama".... LMAO
    Vote early, vote often!

If obama loses, he will forever be dogged for not having chosen Hillary.

I think that the Hillary supporters who will vote for McCain would have made that choice no matter who the Republicans selected for vp. I can't see anyone changing their vote when these two women stand on opposite ends of issues.

Although I shouldn't say that no one will, because there will probably be some.

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    Vote early, vote often!

worked for JFK....all those dead people voting really helped clinch it

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    ^^These idiots are the ones that give WOMEN a bad name...
    Word....and they have the nerve to call themselves feminists. They're a bunch of raving lunatics is what they are.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    worked for JFK....all those dead people voting really helped clinch it
    Especially in Chicago!

I watched Palin's speech and she stole so much thunder from the DNC. She specifically thanksed Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary Clinton for blazing the trail- and to Hillary for 'putting 18 million cracks in the glass ceiling'.

The other thing I find fascinating is that Sarah Palin, in terms of her success, embodies what feminists' ideal was years ago. She's successful, has a family- FIVE kids, and her husband is pretty much a stay at home dad. She exceled in a man's world... wow.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information