Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama assassination plot?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Barack Obama assassination plot?

Update on possible Obama assassination plot, arrests, in Denver

by GregMitch

Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 05:35:52 PM PDT

Mainstream media are now confirming, and going beyond, the initial reports this evening of a possible assassination plot against Barack Obama and the arrest of two men.
    Following up an earlier TV report, NBC in Denver is now reporting, "Sources tell NBC the two men had tattoos and jewelry popular with white supremacists." It also notes that an unidentified source tells NBC, "There is no reason for someone [with a criminal record] to have rifles with scopes."
    My Web research has found a home address for one of the men, Tharin Gartrell, in Lakewood, Co.
    The Denver Post has just led its Web piece with: "Federal authorities have scheduled a press conference for Tuesday afternoon amid reports that a fortunate traffic stop by Aurora Police may have disrupted an assassination attempt against Barack Obama."

My Web search found that Gartrell, 28, attended Fort Morgan High School in Colorado from 1995 to 1999.
    TMZ.com now has his mug shot. AP has just now covered the story. If anyone wants to pay and search for his criminal and other records, go to:
    http://www.whitepages.com/...
    Firearms and methamphetamine were seized. NBC: "An official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, says there is concern about the arrest considering the Democratic National Convention kicked off in Denver on Monday. People convicted of a felony are not allowed to possess guns."
    The earlier TV report from KUSA-TV in Denver kicked off with, "Federal authorities have scheduled a press conference for Tuesday afternoon amid reports that a fortunate traffic stop by Aurora Police may have disrupted an assassination attempt against Barack Obama.
    The first man, identified by the station as Tharin Gartrell, 28, was charged with suspicion of being a felon in possession of a weapon after police found two rifles, a high-powered scope and methamphetamine in his car after the traffic stop.
    When police accompanied Gartrell to his hotel in Glendale, a second man jumped from a window and was injured in a four-story fall, according to the station. That man was then arrested, but has not been identified by police.
    Federal authorities are refusing to comment about why they believe the case is possibly tied to an assassination.
    And more: "Its unclear precisely why authorities suspect the men were targeting Barack Obama, but one of the officer's who was briefed says he was told at least one of the suspects made statements to that effect.
    "The Secret Service, ATF and the FBI are all involved in the investigation. A Secret Service spokesman says the agency is concerned by the proximity to the convention and the items found in the man's car."
    UPDATE at 10 PM ET:
    FRom CBS4 in Denver: "CBS4 has now learned at least four people are under arrest in connection with a possible plot to kill Barack Obama at his Thursday night acceptance speech in Denver. All are being held on either drug or weapons charges. CBS4 Investigator Brian Maass reported one of the suspects told authorities they were 'going to shoot Obama from a high vantage point using a ... rifle ... sighted at 750 yards.'
    "Law enforcement sources tell Maass that one of the suspects "was directly asked if they had come to Denver to kill Obama. He responded in the affirmative."
    From ABC News: "A witness interviewed in the case said one of suspects allegedly said the guns were to be used to kill the Illinois senator, but authorities do not believe the alleged threat put Obama in immediate danger.....Authorities told ABC News the men had tattoos of white supremacist images."
    Andrew Romano of Newsweek brings this amazing tidbit: "The hotel where the pair of would-be assassins' was staying: the Cherry Creek Hotel at 600 South Colorado Boulevard in Glendale. The hotel where NEWSWEEK's entire convention team is staying: the Cherry Creek Hotel at 600 South Colorado Boulevard in Glendale.
    "Apparently, crack NEWSWEEK investigative reporter Mark Hosenball actually spied a couple of FBI agents lurking around the premises late last night. He's looking into the matter now, and we'll report back as soon as he hears more."

DailyKos

TMZ

The Denver Channel

Jeez,this is blasting on every channel here in Denver right now.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

not that i think these uneducated in-bred losers could do what they wanted to do; they should be put in the electric chair! make an example out of them!!! send a message that we're not going to stand for this shit!

Hit By Ban Bus!

After the seriously underplayed problem with his plane, you have to wonder: wtf is going on here? In both of these incidents disaster was avoided by sheer luck, or miracle, however you want to look at it.

fucking KKK what the fuck are they even still doing around?!!!!! i seriously doubt these fucktards could have accomplished anything, they found them with a bunch of meth! big suprise!!!

seriously, kill them and get it over with.

This saddens me. How many others are out there that they don't know about? I understand the acceptance speech at a large venue, but being outside in the open scares me.. Illegal guns with scopes in the hands of criminal white supremacist!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

If something happens to Obama the shit is going to hit the proverbial fan.

And people keep saying Obama made a Freudian slip by introducing Biden as the next president the other day. But the truth is, Obama probably knows that if he gets elected there's a good chance he won't live through his first term.

^ please dont even fucking say that king!

^^Alice, I don't even like thinking about it, but it's something that I can't shake. Especially since people keep making comparisons between Obama and JFK & RFK, and we know what happened to them.

its not going to happen ok!!!!

these were backwoods KKK banjo-pickin' imbecile meth-heads; i dont know but, i just don't think the ppl around him will let it happen.

well, i guess who knows; there are a lot of fucking crazy assholes out there. and they do always seem to be white males acting "alone" and suffering from obvious mental problems.

Lennon's killer
    JFK's killer
    Lincoln's killer

but i dont like to think about it; i just want him in office and fixing shit and setting things straight. i know thats what a lot of ppl want

I hope Obama's going to be okay, but considering this country's history of taking out presidents, Lincoln, JFK, and then the attempt on Reagan, it's not a guarantee. And like SSDiva noted, Obama being outside in the open at some big rally makes me nervous, too.

Dubya was protected because of Dick Cheney, because nobody was crazy enough to want Cheney to take over.

^ yeah, thats a very true point.

I am overly sensitive at the moment, and not even my optimism can hide my fears of this news. I hope they will change the venue. This is suppose to be a joyous time for the DNC...

During the primaries there were people who I came in contact with who said that they just couldn't vote for him, because they might try to assassinate him if he won. Of course these were older people who remembered what it felt like to actually lost a President. I seriously will not be right for a long time if something like that were to happen to him...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I can't really say I'm surprised... I hope Obama's got a good security team on him.

Big open venues are very dodgy. It seems like it would be so easy for someone to shoot the person giving the speech. I'm shocked George Bush has lasted this long.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information