Thread: Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama working out deal for roll call vote

Default Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama working out deal for roll call vote

Clinton, Obama working out deal for roll call vote
    Associated Press
    Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama are working on a deal to give her some votes in the roll call for the Democratic presidential nomination, but quickly end the divided balloting in unanimous consent for Obama.
    Democratic officials involved in the negotiations said Monday the idea is that at the start of the state-by-state vote for the presidential nomination Wednesday night, delegates would cast their votes for Clinton or Obama.
    But the voting would be cut off after a couple of states, the officials said, perhaps ending with New York, when Clinton herself would call for unanimous backing for Obama from the convention floor. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity while the deal was being finalized.
    Clinton said she has told her delegates she will vote for Obama, but she would not instruct them how to vote.
    Many of those delegates, she told reporters Monday, will likely vote for him. Others, she said, "feel an obligation to the people who sent them here that they were elected to represent."
    Clinton said part of her job at the convention will be letting those delegates know "that however they decide to vote, we will all be united behind Senator Obama."
    "There is no doubt in anyone's mind that this is Barack Obama's convention," she said, adding that it is only natural for there to be some lingering issues to resolve after a tough primary.
    "It would have been the same way if I had won and Barack was here supporting the unity of the party," she said. "This was a hard-fought campaign and there was a lot of intensity and passion associated with it, in part because of the historic nature of our two candidacies."
    Clinton gives a prime-time convention speech Tuesday night, and the following day will gather her delegates together and publicly release them and urge them to support Obama.
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who is chairwoman of the convention, acknowledged Monday that Democrats are not yet united following the bitter primary fight, especially among women. She said a "gender gap" in Obama's favor had emerged "even before the convention, and even before the complete reconciliation that we need," she said.
    "But to stay wallowing in all of this is not productive," she said. "So we can talk about this forever, or we can talk about how we're going to take our message to the American people, to women all across America, to see the distinctions" between Obama and Republican candidate John McCain.
    Clinton, Obama working out deal for roll call vote

Why?!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Probably to appease some of the Clinton supporters...again.

I just went out to lunch and some Hillarytards asked me to sign a petition to put Hill in the VP slot. I laughed in their earnest little co-ed faces.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Good. That's what they deserve. To be laughed at and brushed off for trying to waste somebody's time. There are BIGGER issues going on in this election than Hillary being VP.

Well, its ridiculous, unless they are blanketing the entire country, wtf good will it do? There's no way CO's vote is going to change anyway, Barack has our governor in his back pocket.

Even if they blanket the entire country, they're blind to the fact that Biden has more experience than Obama and Hillary combined. So, to act like Hillary would be a better VP is ridiculous.

Obama, STOP KOWTOWING TO THESE IDIOTS

Jesus fuck.

Let them vote McSame, and then they can reap their just rewards and get fucked over for it like the idiots they are.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information