Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton supporters split over Joe Biden as VP

Default Hillary Clinton supporters split over Joe Biden as VP

Clinton supporters split over Biden as VP
    Associated Press
    Hillary Rodham Clinton's supporters had mixed reactions Saturday to the selection of Joe Biden as the Democrats' vice presidential candidate.
    Some realized a long time ago that Barack Obama, the party's presumptive nominee for president, was not going to pick Clinton as his running mate. Others held out hope until they awoke to the announcement Saturday morning.
    Susan Castner, a Clinton delegate from Portland, Ore., said she sees some of Clinton's qualities in Biden. She likes his experience, especially on foreign policy.
    "It really kind of humanizes Barack Obama," Castner said. "He has this air of perfection, and Joe Biden is more down to earth."
    "I love his passion," Castner said of Biden. "I like him a lot."
    Obama announced Saturday that Biden, a senator from Delaware for the past 36 years, would be his running mate, passing over Clinton, Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine and Indiana Sen. Evan Bayh.
    Clinton issued a statement Saturday praising Obama's decision and calling Biden "an exceptionally strong, experienced leader and devoted public servant."
    Some of her supporters were less charitable.
    "It's a total diss to Sen. Clinton, in my opinion," said Diane Mantouvalos, co-founder of the Just Say No Deal Coalition. "It just speaks volumes about how Barack Obama doesn't stand for anything."
    Mantouvalos, of Miami, is part of an Internet movement of Clinton supporters who refuse to back Obama, regardless of pleas from Clinton herself. Mantouvalos is in Denver, where the Democratic National Convention is scheduled to start Monday, stoking anti-Obama sentiment.
    She said the selection of a Washington insider undermines Obama's call for change.
    "It was a desperate move," Mantouvalos said.
    John West, a Clinton volunteer during the primaries, said he's not excited about Biden, but he had little hope that Clinton would get the nod.
    "Most people feel that if she wanted to press to be vice president, she would have made a bigger push for it," said West, of Chicago.
    West has been working with Clinton delegates to have her name placed in nomination at the convention, with a roll call vote — a vote that was agreed to by both Obama and Clinton.

This comment below has to be the most ass-backwards thinking:

"It's a total diss to Sen. Clinton, in my opinion," said Diane Mantouvalos, co-founder of the Just Say No Deal Coalition. "It just speaks volumes about how Barack Obama doesn't stand for anything."

Well don't you know? According to demented bitches like this, unless Obama picks Clinton he doesn't stand for anything.

To recap:

Picking Hillary = standing for everything

Not picking Hillary = standing for nothing

Ergo,

HILLARY IS EVERYTHING
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hillary is EVERYTHING,... except a presidential or vice-presidential nominee.

And I don't see how anybody with common sense would act as if Hillary is a better choice than Biden. But, then again, common sense is the key phrase.

November 07 is when HRC's campaign started a downhill spiral. Once she hired Mark Penn without vetting him on his knowledge of Caucuses and also for not having money and a plan B for after Super Tuesday... If they are going to blame anyone, it should be their Goddess and Chief!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^^Nah, it's just easier to blame Obama, Edwards, sexism, the vast right-wing conspiracy, and the media. Besides, why should any of the die-hard supporters blame Hillary when she won't take any of the blame herself?

I guess it is easier to blame others..playing the victim...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hillary's been playing the victim since the N.H. primary:

First, she 'cried' the night before the N.H. voting. And then also a reporter said to her 'Senator Clinton it seems like the voters like Senator Obama better than you.' Hillary's response 'You hurt my feelings.'

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

I have trouble believing that everything Hillary says or does is following some giant script to take Obama and America down. She didn't lose all by herself, just as nobody wins all by themselves.

^^True, Hillary didn't lose by herself, but since it was her campaign she has to take the brunt of the blame, especially since she blew through a $100 million in campaign cash by Super Tuesday. And she hasn't taken one ounce of responsibility, and she, her campaign and some of her supporters, continue to place ALL of the blame everywhere else but with her.

SVZ

honestly? i think hillary would've done better if her campaign was just pictures of a vagina and the tagline "she has one!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    honestly? i think hillary would've done better if her campaign was just pictures of a vagina and the tagline "she has one!!!!!!!"
    Well, she did everything but show pictures of her Vagina to let folks know I am the ONLY woman who can do this!! Who knows the picture might have kept Bill..oh nevermind!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    ...and even it came in second place to someone younger."

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    November 07 is when HRC's campaign started a downhill spiral. Once she hired Mark Penn without vetting him on his knowledge of Caucuses and also for not having money and a plan B for after Super Tuesday... If they are going to blame anyone, it should be their Goddess and Chief!!
    I think it was more like December 07 when Oprah started campaigning for Obama. America will follow Oprah on anything - which books to read, what stores to shop in, who to vote for.

Maybe she should have been his running mate!

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Boo Hoo. Aaarrrrgggghhhh I'm tired of this whinning.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    I think it was more like December 07 when Oprah started campaigning for Obama. America will follow Oprah on anything - which books to read, what stores to shop in, who to vote for.

Maybe she should have been his running mate!
    Now, it's Oprah's fault Hillary lost. Once again, let's put the blame elsewhere but with Hillary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information