Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John McCain really worries about gas, tuition, and food prices from his private jet

Talking John McCain really worries about gas, tuition, and food prices from his private jet

McCain has a new ad out today, which, of course trashes Obama. It's actually quite mock-worthy. I'm not linking to a McCain ad, but here are the first couple lines:

ANNCR: Celebrities don't have to worry about family budgets, but we sure do.

We're paying more for food and gas, making it harder to save for college, retirement.

I bolded the use of the word "WE" because I find it very curious. Is McCain trying to include himself in that "WE"? Because, I think the political reporters and pundits need to ask McCain when was the last time he had to worry about a family budget. When was the last time he paid for gas? What is the interest rate on his kids' student loans?

McCain is very, very, very rich. If we learned nothing from the past couple days, we know that.

This is actually hysterical the more I think about it. John McCain doesn't know how many houses he has. He wears Ferragamo shoes. His family has a private jet. Does anyone think he and Cindy really worry about their family budget? Really?

When you leave your compound in a nine car motorcade to get a large cappuccino, you're not really worrying about food, gas and college tuition. (If McCain is worried about money, Suze Orman would tell him to stop buying those cappuccinos.)

In reality, McCain isn't one of the "we" who are worried. This is more like it:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7PfSEtiXPw[/YOUTUBE]

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    Nnot to mention he had to bring crib notes to a grocery store because he had no idea how much the food he was buying cost, during one of his "i'm an every day joe!" photo ops
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

He really worries about how many houses he has.

and we last had a President that worried about his bills when?

class resentment doesn't work in the US, because it's the american dream to be born poor and get rich
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

and yet people are still resentful of the rich. but only if they're educated and don't speak like hicks, cause then they're not only rich, they're 'elitist'.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

McCain wasn't born poor, and he didn't get rich by working for it.

he was born into a wealthy family and got even more rich when he had an affair, dumped his wife, and married a new one with more money.

Last I checked, Obama grew up relatively poor and worked for everything he had.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

yeah but obama's too edumacated. and too classy looking. folks don't like that.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah but obama's too edumacated. and too classy looking. folks don't like that.
    That is true, to an extent. There are some people that want the president to be somebody they could crack open a beer with, which is how we got stuck with Bush for 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    McCain wasn't born poor, and he didn't get rich by working for it.

he was born into a wealthy family and got even more rich when he had an affair, dumped his wife, and married a new one with more money.

Last I checked, Obama grew up relatively poor and worked for everything he had.

My point wasn't about McCain's life story, but the "American Dream"....people at every economic level dream of this, and they never really resent the monied.....the classic rags to riches story is as American as apple pie. The whole American mythology has always been that you can be anything here, regardless of your beginnings. That's why Americans aren't outraged by our sport stars salaries, or actors, etc.....They aspire to, they don't resent.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; August 25th, 2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: spelling

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I think they resent when people who married into money tell THEM to tighten their belts, work more jobs and not to take vacations

As an outsider you don't get it...

That's why poor blue collar voters elected GWB twice, without understanding the irony

That's because they're stupid. That's why Roves dirty tricks work. That's why nobody asks questions.

Oh brother... as if Obama and Biden aren't the same hypocrites. I'm sure Obama didn't swim to his private beach in Hawaii. Well, he probably just walked on the water.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

No, but he earned that money. He worked for it. He didn't screw around on his wife, and marry a new one with lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No, but he earned that money. He worked for it. He didn't screw around on his wife, and marry a new one with lots of money.
    You've just described half the men in congress today- in both parties!!!!

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

That's nice, but you were talking about Obama.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information