Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What else is above Barack Obama's pay grade?

Default What else is above Barack Obama's pay grade?

In 1948, they had Harry Truman and “The buck stops here!”

In 2008, they’ve got Barack Obama and it’s “above my pay grade.”

This is definitely not your grandfather’s Democratic Party.

Certainly not mine. My grandfather, Ray Futrell, was a lifelong FDR Democrat, the kind who would proudly rather vote for a wife-beating, syphilitic drunkard than for a Republican. In fact, he would find the previous sentence entirely redundant.

My grandfather helped push Patton’s tanks across Europe, and one reason for my grandfather’s unshakable party loyalty was his belief that Harry Truman saved his life by dropping the A-bombs on Japan.

If Truman hadn’t made the call - if he’d demurred that such a profound life-and-death decision was “above my pay grade” - my grandfather believed that he and untold thousands of Americans would have died invading the Japanese mainland.

I miss my grandfather, but I’m also glad that he isn’t around to witness the tragic descent of his beloved Democratic Party.

Watching Obama with the Rev. Rick Warren this past weekend, answering questions - or, more accurately, not answering - about his most basic beliefs was simply embarrassing.

Obama supports partial-birth abortion and voted against the “Born Alive Infant Protection Act.” When he got the invitation to an evangelical forum hosted by a pro-life pastor, he had to know that issues regarding life and the law were going to come up.

And his prepared answer to the most fundamental question about public policy and abortion (“is the fetus a human being?”) is that it’s “above my pay grade?”

There are certain sentences that should never appear on the lips of the Leader of the Free World. “That Vladimir Putin, what a great guy!” is one of them. “I did not have sex with that woman” is another.

But on the very top of the list of statements about our nation’s laws that should never be spoken by a guy whose job it is to sit next to the Big, Red Button is “That’s above my pay grade.”

With all due respect, Sen. Obama, being president is above your pay grade. And the voters are starting to figure that out.

Politico.com reported yesterday that 75 percent of Americans believe that John McCain can “handle the job of commander in chief.” Only 50 percent feel the same about Obama. A whopping 42 percent told pollsters they believe Obama is simply not up to the task.

Who can blame them? Obama wants the difficult duty of taking on Iran and North Korea, but he can’t even handle Rick Warren or the Clintons - the latter having commandeered Obama’s own convention in Denver next week and forced their way into a pro-Hillary roll call. Having been routed by the Clintonistas, Obama wants a chance to lead against al-Qaeda? Please.

Leaders don’t pass tough questions to the next “pay grade.” They don’t need five minutes to answer yes-or-no questions about the surge or Russia’s invasion of a democratic neighbor.

Politicians flip-flop on taxes and FISA and the Second Amendment to meet the political needs of the moment. They try to explain away the votes they’ve already cast, like Obama’s extreme pro-abortion voting record. Or they courageously cast 130 non-votes of “present” in the Illinois legislature and pass the buck that way.

That’s not leadership, that’s politics. And Barack Obama is 100 percent pure politician.

He is certainly no Harry Truman.

‘Pay grade’ unartful dodge - BostonHerald.com
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

yeah, i'm pretty much over it. McSame will win and drag the US further into the toilet, finishing what Bush started.. provided he lives that long. Neocon stupidity and warmongering will continue for the foreseeable future and the US will go down in flames like Rome.

*twirls finger*

Moving on...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Witchcurl, you are the woman!!!

^^ I'm just a cynical bitch with no respect for any politician anywhere

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Witchcurl, you are the woman!!!

Now let's see what she has for Shillary.. I'm betting the list is longer and mroe damning
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Now let's see what she has for Shillary.. I'm betting the list is longer and mroe damning

she has fat ankles

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^^ I'm just a cynical bitch with no respect for any politician anywhere
    Me too!

His entire political career has been above pay grade. Amazing how Obama isn't quite the dynamic speaker when there's no teleprompter.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Elite Member

Exactly. He's pretty. He reads the teleprompter ok. Anything that deviates from the script of 'Hope!' "Change!", not so good. Any of you guys listen to TalkLeft 146 on Sirrius?

^^ Audio has been found of Obama arguing AGAINST the Born Alive Infant Protection Act. YouTube - Explosive Audio Found Obama arguing against BAIPA This man is absolutely cruel and heartless.

that's not fucking cruel or heartless, that IS burderning the original decision. Can you fucking imagine being the woman in that context? Can you imagine that trauma and then having to wait for some other guy to show up, hemm and haw about it?

Gimme a break.

And where's the rest of the fucking audio? Why is it just a snippet? Where's the context? Why can't we hear the whole thing. It's 2 sentences just looped.

Why?

Probably because the rest of the audio didn't support whatever lamebrained claim this is attempting to make, that's why.

^^ Its murder. Period. But I wouldn't expect anything less from a candidate who claims to be so full of hope.

Didn't answer the questions. Where's the rest of it? Why ISN'T there a rest of it? What's the context? What's the argument?

A sound clip, incomplete, negated to 2 sentences means the rest is hidden ON PURPOSE.

Obfuscation. Weak argument.

Basically, it's shit. This is about as explosive as that whole "whitey" sound bit. You'd think after the first brush with that kind of failure the neocons would give it up, but they won't as long as they have people who will swallow it.

This is how dumbfuck republicans win, because they do stupid crap like this, and people who can't think for themselves never bother to ask these questions. They just dribble and cluck "YEAH!" and march along in lockstep.

The great unwashed indeed.

Ask the person on youtube. Regardless, this is going to get big play and nothing he will say will win any votes. He will probably lose votes. And dumbass republicans win because democrats have a nasty habit of putting their foot in their mouths. Just like Obama has. He's proving that being president is indeed above his pay grade. Obama is a moron.

Yes, it will get big play, listened to by idiots who don't ask questions and then wonder why their dumbass country is in the shitter.

The entire concept of elections is above the pay grade of America right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information