Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama goes insane, puts Hillary Clinton's name up for nomination

Exclamation Barack Obama goes insane, puts Hillary Clinton's name up for nomination

Joe and I are still processing this. But the words that came to mind so far aren't publishable.

JOINT STATEMENT FROM THE OBAMA AND CLINTON PRESS OFFICES

Since June, Senators Obama and Clinton have been working together to ensure a Democratic victory this November. They are both committed to winning back the White House and to to ensuring that the voices of all 35 million people who participated in this historic primary election are respected and heard in Denver. To honor and celebrate these voices and votes, both Senator Obama's and Senator Clinton's names will be placed in nomination.

“I am convinced that honoring Senator Clinton's historic campaign in this way will help us celebrate this defining moment in our history and bring the party together in a strong united fashion,” said Senator Barack Obama.
    Senator Obama’s campaign encouraged Senator Clinton's name to be placed in nomination as a show of unity and in recognition of the historic race she ran and the fact that she was the first woman to compete in all of our nation’s primary contests.

“With every voice heard and the Party strongly united, we will elect Senator Obama President of the United States and put our nation on the path to peace and prosperity once again,” said Senator Hillary Clinton.

Senator Obama and Senator Clinton are looking forward to a convention unified behind Barack Obama as the Party’s nominee and to victory this fall for America.

Because, after all, it is her big night.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    If the roles were reversed, and Sen Obama had come in 2nd, would HIS name be placed into nomination to commemorate the even MORE historic campaign of an African American nominee?

I didn't think so either.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

He's gone insane?

Nope, he's following past history

That's the way it has worked in the past and she would have had to do the same had the roles been reversed

In '72 six candidates besides the nominee had their names placed into nomination...

In '76 three candidates besides the nominee did

In '84 two candidates beside the nominee did

In '88 one candidate besides the nominee did

and none of these candidated had 45% of the delegates as Clinton did

It hasn't happened since '92, but it's hardly unprecendented......
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

yes, but look how Hillary has positioned herself.

She never ended her campaign, she merely suspended it.

she's gotten her followers to inject "sexism" claims into why she (apparently) lost a campaign she has not quit, even hough it was her own mismanagement and campaign infighting

she's managed to turn Obama's night into HERS

She's going to fuck him. Hard. And he's letting her. She's probably got him backed into a corner for a VP spot.

Idiot.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Cool.....more reason to watch this shit on TV!

As much as I hate the fact that Obama put Hillary's name in, I see what he's doing. He's appeasing the Hillary supporters by trying to show that he's not spitting on Hillary's campaign, even though he beat her fair and square, despite their excuses to the contrary.

Plus, if Hillary had put her name in, she would've caught hell, so she probably brokered a deal with Obama that he should be the one to put her name in.

Yeah, i just think it's going to backfire on him hardcore. I don't trust Shillary one bit.

Elite Member

Witchcurl is absolutely correct. And Grimm and Kingcap, it's the Democratic National Committee who decides whether the candidates get on the ballot not BO. Let's also try to remember that BO does not have the nomination until the superdelegates vote for him. He does not have sufficient 'pledged' ie electoral delegates to put him over the top. This is a Convention, not a Coronation. If he doesn't get enough superdelegates on the first balloting, all of the delegates are released, and they then vote for wholever they please. I'm curious to see who Edwards' delegates go for, now that Edwards probably isn't holding much sway with them anymore. It will be an interesting Convention.

As I said, Hillary with her crazies, PUMA's and other assorted crackheads are going to totally assrape Obama at said convention. She's been angling it for awhile, and only 'suspended' her campaign until the convention.

She's just been biding her time.

They aren't going to do anything, it's going to be just like any other convention.

This is how the Dem convention system works.

The Clintons want an acknowledgement just like was given to George McGovern, Shirley Chisholm, Jerry Brown, Gary Hart, Margaret Chase Smith, Jesse Jackson (at numerous conventions regardless of how poor a showing he made, he got put on nomination with like 400 delegates- what a joke), George Wallace, the list goes on and on........Not one of these other people got anywhere near the amount of votes she got, and they were all put in. So what reason to deny her would there be? If the DNC wants unity- as they claim- here's a great place to rally the party. It could only help the party.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, i just think it's going to backfire on him hardcore. I don't trust Shillary one bit.
    I don't trust Hillary either. But I think Obama's doing this to soften the blow that Hillary's ISN'T going to be his VP.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Witchcurl is absolutely correct. And Grimm and Kingcap, it's the Democratic National Committee who decides whether the candidates get on the ballot not BO. Let's also try to remember that BO does not have the nomination until the superdelegates vote for him. He does not have sufficient 'pledged' ie electoral delegates to put him over the top. This is a Convention, not a Coronation. If he doesn't get enough superdelegates on the first balloting, all of the delegates are released, and they then vote for wholever they please. I'm curious to see who Edwards' delegates go for, now that Edwards probably isn't holding much sway with them anymore. It will be an interesting Convention.
    Scooter, for a candidate to become the presumptive nominee they have to reach a certain delegate count. Obama did that, Hillary didn't. That's why he's the presumptive nominee and she isn't. The DNC doesn't magically choose the candidate at random. The sooner you realize that, you can let go of this fantasy that Hillary will get the nomination.

And Edwards' delegates have been shifting to Obama since he gave Obama his endorsement, which is now worthless. And even in the Iowa exit polls, most of Edwards' delegates said that Obama would have been their choice if Edwards wasn't on the ballot.

Only? LOL

doubtful. Again, i point to all the nutjob hillary freaks who'll scream to have her put on the ballot as VP, and if she isn't there'll be further acrimony and even more nutjobism as they have protests and marches and other crap.

it's basically picking at a scab they wont let heal. it's stupid.

Elite Member

18,000,000 voters. Disregard at BO's peril. BTW, dont notice you having a hissy fit that 'Edwards suspended his campaign' only HRC. Bit of a double standard dont you think?

No, because Edwards made absolutely NO move towards something like this, didn't keep undercutting Obama, didn't encourage the nutjobism of his supporters like hillary and her staff, didn't scream "sexism/racism/cheating whorism" at every opportunity, and didn't have his wife going around losing her cancerous temper at Obama at every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    18,000,000 voters. Disregard at BO's peril. BTW, dont notice you having a hissy fit that 'Edwards suspended his campaign' only HRC. Bit of a double standard dont you think?
    For the hundredth time, nobody is disregarding Hillary's supporters. And Edwards didn't wait to suspend his campaign a few days after Obama clinched the required delegates, and then start screaming about 'what does John want?' And Edwards didn't tell his supporters to flock to his website and tell him what they want him to do, after he clearly lost.

And we now know Edwards is a lying asshole. But he didn't lose because of his lies or his mismanaged campaign. That was Hillary.

Disregard at his peril, honestly..

That's why it's called a NOMINATION. Out of all the runners, one is chosen. That's the point of it. Why the fuck bother at all with a nomination process if 18 million people are going to cry, stamp their feet, and ignore the result unless they get their way?

How childish is that? They play until it's not going their way, then pack up their toys and hold their breath until they get what they want?

Stupid. Those people should be sterilized.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information