Thread: The troops overseas love Barack Obama, not so much John McCain

Thumbs up The troops overseas love Barack Obama, not so much John McCain

Wow. Kind of sounds like the troops overwhelmingly don't like John McCain, at all. Or to the degree they like him, they still don't want to see him as their leader.

According to an analysis of campaign contributions by the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, Democrat Barack Obama has received nearly six times as much money from troops deployed overseas at the time of their contributions than has Republican John McCain, and the fiercely anti-war Ron Paul, though he suspended his campaign for the Republican nomination months ago, has received more than four times McCain's haul.I

guess that means McCain will now be accusing the troops of hating the troops. Where's Joe Lieberman?

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    haha
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Obama's been getting more donations from the troops since the primaries.

But it is funny that the troops are showing less support for McCain. I guess that POW card he likes to play isn't working too well. I guess the troops will be called unAmerican, since they don't support him.

I like one comment someone made about McSame's military adventures.. McSame keeps saying that he was "tested" in combat.

Well, if it was a test, then he failed spectacularely by getting shot down and captured.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

McCain had a habit of crashing planes even before he got shot down. His flying skills weren't the best to begin with.

^^

Great photos of Mr. MyCain.

Watch McCain fanatics call them traitors because he was a POW.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Military favors McCain, poll finds

Email|Link|Comments (0) Posted by Foon Rhee, deputy national political editor August 19, 2008 12:41 PM

While troops deployed abroad might be giving more money to Barack Obama, a poll released today says that John McCain will get the vast majority of votes from members of the military and veterans.

According to Gallup, McCain leads Obama 56 percent to 34 percent, with 11 percent expressing no opinion or picking someone else.
    Obama spoke to the Veterans of Foreign Wars today in Florida, a day after McCain addressed the gathering.

Gallup said the poll is based on aggregated data from its daily tracking poll between Aug. 5 and Aug. 17, involving more than 11,000 registered voters, including 2,238 military veterans. Veterans are defined as those who are or have been members of the US military. Obama led McCain 46% to 43% among all registered voters during the period.

The military vote could be a difference maker in several traditionally Republican states where Obama is trying to pull off upsets, including North Carolina and Virginia.

And McCain would seem to have the edge because veterans tend to be Republican and because of his experience as a decorated Vietnam War veteran and prisoner of war. Obama did not serve in the military.

In its final pre-election poll in 2004, Gallup said that 60 percent of likely voters who had served in the military backed President Bush, compared with 40 percent who supported Democrat John F. Kerry.

Gallup said: "It is notable, then, that McCain is doing only about as well among military veterans as Bush did in 2004, despite the two Republican candidates' varying military backgrounds. (Bush was in the Texas Air National Guard, but did not serve overseas.)"

Military favors McCain, poll finds - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

That doesn't make sense. More money for the opposite contender? LOL

I don't believe that for a second.

it makes perfect sense, if you read the article.

The current overseas troops gave Obama more money than MCCain...The Gallup poll where McCain is ahead was not made up of current overseas troops, but of a large group of veterans......It's two different groups
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thread Information