Thread: Report: Hillary Clinton was told to cast Barack Obama as un-American

Default Report: Hillary Clinton was told to cast Barack Obama as un-American

Report: Clinton told to cast Obama as un-American
    Associated Press
    Hillary Rodham Clinton's top campaign strategist advised her to cast presidential rival Barack Obama as having questionable "roots to basic American values and culture" and use the theme to counter the image that his background is diverse and multicultural.
    "I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and in his values," Mark Penn wrote in a March 2007 memo to Clinton.
    Clinton did not take Penn's advice, revealed by a report in the September issue of The Atlantic magazine.
    The article says Clinton's campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination went from front-runner status to failure for a number of reasons, from badly managed money to blistering warfare between advisers. Clinton, the candidate who said she was ready to lead on Day One of her administration, did little to quell the infighting.
    Clinton grew angry during a conference call with her senior aides about how to recover from her loss in the Iowa caucuses. She found herself doing most of the post-mortem, to near-silence on the other end of the line.
    "This has been a very instructive call, talking to myself," Clinton snapped, and hung up, the magazine reported.
    Mostly, the disputes were over whether to go negative against Obama, a half-black, Harvard-trained lawyer with a gift for soaring rhetoric and big themes.
    Penn advised going negative.
    Obama's background he grew up in Indonesia and Hawaii was a "lack of American roots," Penn wrote. Also a weakness, he added, was the divisive rhetoric of Obama's controversial pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who cursed America during a sermon.
    "Won't a single tape of Wright going off on America with Obama sitting there be a game-ender?" Penn wrote in a March 30 memo.
    Penn's memos also contained prescient advice. The memo from March 2007 talked about the importance of a key voting bloc he called "the invisible Americans" women and lower- and middle-class voters.
    Those groups helped Clinton beat Obama in key states before she quit the race in June.

^^Did you see KO?

Just think if those memos were leaked in January.. we wouldn't have to deal with the whole 'he stole it' crap from her supporters. The primaries would've ended then! Shows Clinton had some control over her campaign.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Jon Edwards must have been on that call. No wait, it's because of Michigan or Florida not being totally seated till she thought she needed them, or maybe jesus, or santa..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    ^^Did you see KO?

Just think if those memos were leaked in January.. we wouldn't have to deal with the whole 'he stole it' crap from her supporters. The primaries would've ended then! Shows Clinton had some control over her campaign.
    Nah, I didn't see KO? Was it good?

What I find interesting is that most Clinton supporters, and the media, ignored the fact that Hillary and McCain had the same PR firm advising them. So, why would it shock anybody that she was being advised to use Republican-style tactics? Hell, the 3 a.m. ad was proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Nah, I didn't see KO? Was it good?

What I find interesting is that most Clinton supporters, and the media, ignored the fact that Hillary and McCain had the same PR firm advising them. So, why would it shock anybody that she was being advised to use Republican-style tactics? Hell, the 3 a.m. ad was proof of that.
    KO delivered as always..

If they forgot about it, I don't know how it is missed now. The crap he is pulling now, is almost the same crap Clinton pulled. The numbers worked for her for a short time also.. <watches what I say, I don't want a Clinton supporter to smite me>
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

KO delivered as always..

If they forgot about it, I don't know how it is missed now. The crap he is pulling now, is almost the same crap Clinton pulled. The numbers worked for her for a short time also.. <watches what I say, I don't want a Clinton supporter to smite me>
    You and John Edwards ruined Hillary's campaign because you're both un-American. Boo. Hiss. Boo.

You and John Edwards ruined Hillary's campaign because you're both un-American. Boo. Hiss. Boo.
    I did not have sexual relations with none of them..not Bill, not John, and not Hillary..so how did I ruin her campaign?!?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

If all of you think that this type of brainstorming doesn't go on in every candidates campaign, then you are naive.

I did not have sexual relations with none of them..not Bill, not John, and not Hillary..so how did I ruin her campaign?!?
    Whatever you say Monica Lewinsky Rielle Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendOrFoe View Post
    If all of you think that this type of brainstorming doesn't go on in every candidates campaign, then you are naive.
    Who doesn't think that ALL campaigns brainstorm? That's how you win elections. But trying to cast another Democrat as un-American is wrong on so many levels. But, then again, that's a Republican-style tactic.

Whatever you say Monica Lewinsky Rielle Hunter.

Who doesn't think that ALL campaigns brainstorm? That's how you win elections. But trying to cast another Democrat as un-American is wrong on so many levels. But, then again, that's a Republican-style tactic.
    Trust me, if I were either one of those ladies.. I would have came out of the deal with more than a stained dress, a book, 100k and a damn rental home!! Especially if anything went anywhere near my damn mouth!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Trust me, if I were either one of those ladies.. I would have came out of the deal with more than a stained dress, a book, 100k and a damn rental home!! Especially if anything went anywhere near my damn mouth!!
    That's because you've got skillz that killz.

Thread Information