Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida man held for threatening to assassinate Presidential candidate Barack Obama

Default Florida man held for threatening to assassinate Presidential candidate Barack Obama

MIAMI - A man is being held in Florida by federal authorities on charges of threatening to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Raymond Hunter Geisel was ordered held without bail Thursday at a brief court hearing.

The Secret Service says Geisel made the threat during a training class for bail bondsmen in Miami in late July. Another tipster said Geisel also threatened President Bush.

A search of Geisel's SUV and hotel room uncovered a loaded handgun, knives, dozens of rounds of ammunition, body armor and a machete. The SUV was wired with emergency lights.

Geisel told the Secret Service he was originally from Bangor, Maine. He contended he made no threat against either Obama or the president.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Every time I see a crazy Florida story I have to check to make sure it's no one I know/used to know. So far, so good. But sometimes I think it's only a matter of time...

There are so many crazies running loose you almost wish the candidates could be placed behind an invisible shield. This just make me shudder.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I wish I could say I was shocked, but I'm not.

of course he was originally from Maine. my stupid state...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I wish I could say I was shocked, but I'm not.
    Seriously, the first of many.

Actually threatening a candidate isn't covered by the law, but I doubt the SS will care about that technicality.

"any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States"

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    Seriously, the first of many.

Actually threatening a candidate isn't covered by the law, but I doubt the SS will care about that technicality.

"any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States"
    And considering America's long history of killing, or attempting to kill, presidents and presidential candidates (Lincoln, JFK, RFK, & Reagan) ALL threats have to be taken seriously.

I find it amazing that nobody tried to take out Dubya. But, then again, if you get rid of Bush that leaves Cheney as president, and nobody is crazy enough to want that.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    And considering America's long history of killing, or attempting to kill, presidents and presidential candidates (Lincoln, JFK, RFK, & Reagan) ALL threats have to be taken seriously.

I find it amazing that nobody tried to take out Dubya. But, then again, if you get rid of Bush that leaves Cheney as president, and nobody is crazy enough to want that.
    You know I often thought the same thing! Having Cheney as VP was a good protective strategy!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Most effective bulletproof jacket ever

Oh Cheney is already president. He commands from his bunker.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Oh Cheney is already president. He commands from his bunker.
    Don't you mean a Cardiac ICU?!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

he has a heart???

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Hit By Ban Bus!

There have been many assassination attempts both domestically and abroad on President Bush's life in fiction ('Death of a President' faux documentary) and in reality.

BTW, this same Florida man was bipartisan as he was targeting both Obama and Bush not that anybody gives a shit.

Man held in Florida for threat to kill Obama and Bush

Thu 7 Aug 2008, 20:44 GMT

MIAMI (Reuters) - A man with self-described mental health problems was ordered held without bail in Florida on Thursday on charges that he had threatened to assassinate Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama or President George W. Bush.

Raymond Hunter Geisel was arrested by the Secret Service in Miami on Saturday after making threats before other participants against both Bush and Obama at a bail bondsman's training course, according to federal court papers.

A Secret Service affidavit said Geisel denied making the threats. But he told a Secret Service agent, in comments he later described a joke, that if he wanted to kill Obama he would simply shoot him with a sniper rifle.

An unidentified female witness told investigators that Geisel had said during the course between July 25-28, "That nigger, if he gets elected, I'll assassinate him myself." Obama would be the first black U.S. president if elected.

Another witness was said to have overheard Geisel say at a hotel that he hated Bush and wanted to put a bullet in his head.

Police found an ample cache of ammunition, including armour piercing bullets, and a handgun in Geisel's sport utility vehicle and the Miami hotel room where he was staying while attending the bail bondsman's course. It is legal to possess armour-piercing bullets in Florida.

Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan said the agency would not comment on the number of threats to government officials or political candidates detected at any given time, but that this "might be the first arrest" in connection with the current presidential campaign.

Court documents said Geisel, a long-term resident of Bangor, Maine, had described himself as a victim of physical and emotional abuse when he was younger and said he had voluntarily checked himself into a mental health facility in Maine for treatment of post traumatic stress disorder.

A bail bondsman pledges money or property as a guarantee that an accused criminal will appear in court.
    World | Africa - Reuters.com
    Last edited by Incognito; August 7th, 2008 at 06:41 PM.

And so it begins...

edit.

It's a female!!! The hell...I know anyone can attempt to assassinate anyone, but I just wasn't expecting a woman in this story.

^^I think you're mixing the female witness up with the guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information