Thread: Barack Obama too skinny to be president?

Default Barack Obama too skinny to be president?

Obama too skinny to be president?

Forget arrogance, Barack Obama is just too skinny to be president.

That’s the assertion put forth in an article by The Wall Street Journal, which reported Friday that the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee may be turning off voters by refusing to chow down at every pit stop on the campaign trail. The newspaper notes that 66 percent of the voting-age population is overweight — while 32 percent fits the definition of obese — and that could be hurting Obama.

“He’s too new … and he needs to put some meat on his bones,” Diana Koenig, 42, a housewife in Corpus Christi, Texas, who said she voted for Sen. Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primary, told the Journal.

While rival John McCain and his doctors insist the Republican candidate is healthy despite Vietnan prisoner-of-war wounds that limit his mobility to this day, Obama is a lean, mean, fighting machine, according to his doctor.

In a report on his physical health, Chicago physician David Scheiner noted that the senator works out regularly and has “no excess body fat.”

Others in the medical field told the newspaper that they have eyeballed the 6′ 1.5″ tall senator, and he looks to weigh about 10 pounds less than the average 190 pounds American man of his height weigh.

McCain’s campaign has already used the senator’s healthy living against him, linking his “celebrity” to his diet.

“Only celebrities like Barack Obama go to the gym three times a day, demand ‘MET-RX chocolate roasted-peanut protein bars and bottles of a hard-to-find organic brew — Black Forest Berry Honest Tea’ and worry about the price of arugula,” McCain campaign manager Rick Davis wrote in a memo to interested parties earlier this week.

Read the article at the Wall Street Journal here

Report: Obama’s Slim Build Could Turn Off America’s Portly Voters - America’s Election HQ

OH LAWWWD. Obama is probably the perfect weight for his height. This is what tall men of a healthy weight look like. Even his wife is slim.
    ssabmud

... not gonna vote for him cuz he's too thin?

and McCain's campaign shouldn't throw stones, what with his 500 dollar Ferragamo shoes, and his inability to know how much MILK costs at a gorcery store.

Hey McSame, when's the last time you were even IN a grocery store or went shopping for,, well anything? Oh right, you have 'help' to do that. I thought only CELEBRITIES had bitches to do mundane shit for them. Where do you have your groceries delivered.. you have 10 houses to pick from (one with an artificial lake so he can go trout fishing).. it must be SO hard keeping track of all that wealth eh?

but hey. Obama is the one out of touch...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well,remember-most of the voters are chubette.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Being too drunk & retarded didn't stop Bush from being president, so skinny Obama should be okay.

Because other thin presidents, like Jimmy Carter, are total studs.

Elite Member

Stupid.

Oh this is just so ridiculous..... really are we (society) ever going to focus on the real issues at hand?

August 01, 2008

Wall St Journal's "Skinny Obama" story was first done 6 mos ago ... by The Onion!

After the madness set off by my John Edwards-National Enquirer story (No. 1 on BuzzTracker as I write this), this is the perfect MSM-related story to end the week on: A fantastically ill-advised trend piece ran in the Wall Street Journal today with the headline, "Is Obama Too Physically Fit to Be President?" Wait, it gets better. If you're a regular viewer of the Onion News Network, you know where I'm going with this. The story asks this vital question of the day: "In a nation in which 66% of the voting-age population is overweight and 32% is obese, could Sen. Obama's skinniness be a liability? Despite his visits to waffle houses, ice-cream parlors and greasy-spoon diners around the country, his slim physique just might have some Americans wondering whether he is truly like them."

Forget the fact that President Bush — a workout freak also well within normal body weight — is mentioned nowhere in the story. Forget that in a poll accompanying the story on the WSJ's web site, readers rejected by an amusingly large margin the story's premise and Fox News-y tone ("some people say"). Here's the very best part. The story was deconstructed six months ago on the Onion News Network when it appeared as a parody! Take a look.

As Obese Population Rises, More Candidates Courting The Fat Vote

Talk about an advanced case of trolling!

It wasn't until I sat down at my TiVo that I made the connection. My TiVo has a wireless network adapter and I subscribe to a number of downloadable shows, including the ONN. (Find Programs > Download > Browse Videos > Comedy > The Onion) TiVo won't let me queue more than five ONN videos at a time, though, and I refuse to delete "Bush Pledges to Make Iraq War More Eco-Friendly" off it. Man, I could watch that one every day.
    Here's a snapshot of that poll:

Posted by Aaron Barnhart on August 01, 2008 at 04:53 PM in TV Barn |
    TV Barn | Wall St Journal's "Skinny Obama" story was first done 6 mos ago ... by The Onion!
    .................................................. ..........
    .................................................. ..........

Even Worseness: The Even-Worsening

Posted at 21:17 by Gavin M.

Um, wow. You know that Amy Chozick piece in the Wall Street Journal that asks whether Barack Obama might not be fat enough to be President?
    Here’s the on-the-ground research that enabled Ms. Chozick to pose such a bold and allusive query:Amy Chozick starts a thread:
    Is Obama too skinny to be president?
    15-Jul-08 06:04 pm
    Does anyone out there think Barack Obama is too thin to be president? Anyone having a hard time relating to him and his “no excess body fat”? Please let me know. Thanks!
    A reply is posted:
    Re: Is Obama too skinny to be president?
    15-Jul-08 10:21 pm
    Yes I think He is to skinny to be President.Hillary has a potbelly and chuckybutt I’d of Voted for Her.I won’t vote for any beanpole guy.
    Amy responds:
    Re: Is Obama too skinny to be president? 16-Jul-08 09:12 am
    Love your response and your username (onlinebeerbellygirl). Would you mind shooting me an email so I can ask you a few more quesitons? My email is [redacted] Thanks so much!
    -Amy
    The entire rest of the brief thread consists of people saying that the question is stupid, and/or making fun of Chozick.

…Actually, try this Google-cached copy, because Ms. Chozick seems to have deleted her messages from the thread literally as I was typing this.*
    No More Mister Nice Blog also finds that Chozick was nipping text from a McCain press release.

Just Wow.

* If and when the cache is updated and the comments disappear again, we’ve made a (sigh) screen-shot, as though this were some kind of flaky comment-altering Usenet dispute of the primordial 1994 variety. I mean, wow.

Update: No wait, I was wrong. Her comments are still there; they’ve just been marked with such low ratings that they’re now hidden in a troll hole unless you select a special viewing option. Avast ye.
    [Hanx! J— and Lawnguylander]
    Sadly, No! » Even Worseness: The Even-Worsening

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

The McSame campaign can't tell satire from real journalism? Not surprising. They think FOX is news.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information