Thread: Widow wants San Francisco sanctuary law changed after illegal charged with murder

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Widow wants San Francisco sanctuary law changed after illegal charged with murder

Widow Wants San Francisco Sanctuary Law Changed After Illegal Charged With Murder

Monday , July 21, 2008

A San Francisco woman whose husband and two sons were gunned down last month — allegedly by an illegal immigrant who remained in the city despite previous crimes — is demanding the city do something about its sanctuary law.

Danielle Bologna was widowed on June 22 when Edwin Ramos, 21, an illegal immigrant from El Salvador, allegedly gunned down her husband, Anthony, and two sons, Matthew and Michael, in a road rage incident when her family was returning from a picnic.

Ramos has been charged with three counts of murder in the case, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

"It was a senseless crime, and had they done something this animal would not have taken my family," Bologna told FOX News on Monday. "I feel that the government should have stepped in. I feel that they allow these immigrants to come in and how dare they strip our families like this."

The Chronicle reported that Ramos was convicted of two gang-related felonies while a juvenile and remained in San Francisco because the Juvenile Probation Department did not alert federal authorities. San Francisco's 1989 "City of Refuge" ordinance prohibits city agencies from contacting the feds on immigration matters.

The newspaper also found that federal officials knew about Ramos' immigration status in March when he was arrested on a gun charge, though they couldn't tell the Chronicle why they didn't put an immigration hold on Ramos.

Bologna blames the city.

"It should have been resolved at the beginning, when this guy had done more than one crime in the city," she told FOX News. "I want justice. I want the people to see: If my family wasn’t safe, what makes you think yours will be?"

Click here to read the full report at the San Francisco Chronicle.

FOXNews.com - Widow Wants San Francisco Sanctuary Law Changed After Illegal Charged With Murder - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I agree with her. Something should have been done the first time he stepped out of line. He should have been deported in March but NO, he was let go and free to kill.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

A San Francisco woman whose husband and two sons were gunned down last month — allegedly by an illegal immigrant who remained in the city despite previous crimes — is demanding the city do something about its sanctuary law.
    UGH. They shouldn't even be there. It makes me sick. Can they even legally be driving on your roads considering they're not citizens, are drivers required to hold a state driving license?

This situation is just so, so wrong. I hope she has enough strength to get through this.
    ssabmud

This whole thing has just exploded in mayor Newsome's face. It's beyond outrageous that this animal was repeatedly shielded and coddled to live another day (and kill innocent people). I just love the way the Chronicle puts pictures of this animal on the paper to garner 'sympathy,' pictures of him smiling and as a "family man." They should execute this mutha.

I agree with her. The sanctuary laws are utterly ridiculous. Her story is heartwrenching.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Painful.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

I wish this woman could sue the city for negligence. They are responsible for the death of her husband and children - they allowed the criminal illegal immigrant gangbanger to walk the streets of the city after multiple altercations with the law.

You've got to love when liberal "feel good" ideology and the rights of criminals come before public safety, fiscal santity and law and order.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

But, but.......y'all don't understand.....y'all are so xenophobic and racist. He was just trying to have a better life (TM) and was probably doing 12 jobs that nobody else would do!

Thread Information