Thread: We're all worth 1 million less thanks to Bush

Thumbs down We're all worth 1 million less thanks to Bush

It's hard to imagine where Republicans get the reputation for being in favor of the rich and against the middle class and poor.

The "value of a statistical life" is $6.9 million in today's dollars, the Environmental Protection Agency reckoned in May a drop of nearly $1 million from just five years ago.

The Associated Press discovered the change after a review of cost-benefit analyses over more than a dozen years.

Though it may seem like a harmless bureaucratic recalculation, the devaluation has real consequences.

When drawing up regulations, government agencies put a value on human life and then weigh the costs versus the lifesaving benefits of a proposed rule. The less a life is worth to the government, the less the need for a regulation, such as tighter restrictions on pollution.

AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth
    Thanks, asstard.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

I thought this was about the stock market drop.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Grimm I thought you were canadian? Am I right? If so, who cares?, they voted the retard TWICE for office, they deserve it, they say that every contry has the government it deserves, so true in all cases.

If DubYa made every american worth 1 million less, then he probably say in the near future:

"Look there is no inflation in fact everyone is cheaper now. ohh ugghh heee iff you catch my drift "

Because Bushtard negatively impacts the entire planet.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by H. Lecter View Post
    Grimm I thought you were canadian? Am I right? If so, who cares?, they voted the retard TWICE for office, they deserve it, they say that every contry has the government it deserves, so true in all cases.

If DubYa made every american worth 1 million less, then he probably say in the near future:

"Look there is no inflation in fact everyone is cheaper now. ohh ugghh heee iff you catch my drift "
    Yeah, because every single American voted for Bush And imagine people being interested in the politics of other countries--how enlightened of them. I didn't realize that the USA operated in a political vacuum.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Thread Information