Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malik Obama confirms his half-brother Barack Obama grew up a Muslim

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Malik Obama confirms his half-brother Barack Obama grew up a Muslim

Malik Obama confirms his half-brother Barack grew up a Muslim
    By Israel Insider staff June 13, 2008

israelinsider: politics: Malik Obama confirms his half-brother Barack grew up a Muslim

* for some reason I can't post the article in its entirety

They only met in 1985. How is this guy in a position to confirm anything?

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

^^

lol
    no need to worry about small details like FACTS. we're talking about the possible future president. it's bad enough his name is one letter away from 'osama'. pffff.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

If it is true, Obama should own it and confront the disgusting bigotry head on.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^

lol
    no need to worry about small details like FACTS. we're talking about the possible future president. it's bad enough his name is one letter away from 'osama'. pffff.

lol, I'm waiting for a certain someone to post "SHATTERING BLOW TO OBAMA CAMPAIGN: SWITCHING THE 'B' AND 'S' KEYS ON ANY KEYBOARD REVEALS THAT CANDIDATE IS ACTUALLY OSAMA!!"

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Just curious Incognito, do you have a problem with Obama being a Muslim? I don't see how it affects his skills either way.

ET: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the feeling you posted it because you think being a Muslim is bad if you're a Presidential candidate...
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

What I find distressing about this whole "Obama was/is a Muslim" issue is that it gives the closet and not so closet bigots an excuse NOT to vote for Obama.

There was an article I posted a while ago, and one of the people interviewed claimed that they had a problem with him being muslim or something of that nature, not because he's black.

So really, now people can say, I won't vote for Obama cuz I don't trust Muslims. Not saying all are like that but still it does give an "out" for bigots.

ET: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the feeling you posted it because you think being a Muslim is bad if you're a Presidential candidate

This wasn't addressed to me but I will go ahead and say that, yes, I would be very concerned if a Muslim was in the White House at this time, considering the fact that we are currently at war with radical Muslims who have stated that they plan to destroy this country "from the inside out."

Do you guys really want me to dig into ripping this one apart too? Because its all false.

This article is written based on 2 other articles which both had key points that were misinterpreted or flat-out wrong.

A big part of it is cultural. To Americans, being a Muslim is more of a choice of faith. To the Asian and Arab world, being a Muslim is more all-encompassing. Think of it as we think of being Jewish. Being Jewish is both a lineage and a faith. The same holds true for being a Muslim in other parts of the world.

So, when someone in Indonesia says that Obama is a Muslim, in their mind, he is. Because his birth father was a Muslim, Obama is a Muslim. Nevermind that Barack never practiced the faith. Simply by virtue of being born from a Muslim father, Obama is a Muslim in their view. Technically they are correct.

But for the purposes of the 'ZOMG OBAMA IS A MUSLIM' outrage, Barack is not a Muslim. He has never practiced the faith. His Muslim father took off when he was an infant. His step-father was a non-practicing Muslim whom Barack only knew for a short time. For the vast majority of his life, he was raised by his CATHOLIC, white grandparents in Hawaii. And he has never been a Muslim and never prayed in a mosque. I take him at his word and I will continue to do so until there is a factual, non-fringe source.

The media is taking advantage of our lack of understanding on this matter and it is important that we look at these things objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    Just curious Incognito, do you have a problem with Obama being a Muslim? I don't see how it affects his skills either way.

ET: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the feeling you posted it because you think being a Muslim is bad if you're a Presidential candidate...

Don't bother asking him/her any questions about this... I've asked Incognito numerous questions on this subject, and still have yet to be answered. -_-

Why does it matter what his religion is/was/could be/might be?

*non American here*

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    This wasn't addressed to me but I will go ahead and say that, yes, I would be very concerned if a Muslim was in the White House at this time, considering the fact that we are currently at war with radical Muslims who have stated that they plan to destroy this country "from the inside out."
    You do know that there are radical Christians, right. That no religion is without people who take it to the extreme. Someone's religion shouldn't matter, but for the record he IS NOT A MUSLIM!!! Trinity, and Wright crap should have calmed all of these damn muslim rumors. There isn't nothing wrong with being a muslim, extreme radicals yes!! So Sad!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    Do you guys really want me to dig into ripping this one apart too? Because its all false.

This article is written based on 2 other articles which both had key points that were misinterpreted or flat-out wrong.

A big part of it is cultural. To Americans, being a Muslim is more of a choice of faith. To the Asian and Arab world, being a Muslim is more all-encompassing. Think of it as we think of being Jewish. Being Jewish is both a lineage and a faith. The same holds true for being a Muslim in other parts of the world.

So, when someone in Indonesia says that Obama is a Muslim, in their mind, he is. Because his birth father was a Muslim, Obama is a Muslim. Nevermind that Barack never practiced the faith. Simply by virtue of being born from a Muslim father, Obama is a Muslim in their view. Technically they are correct.

But for the purposes of the 'ZOMG OBAMA IS A MUSLIM' outrage, Barack is not a Muslim. He has never practiced the faith. His Muslim father took off when he was an infant. His step-father was a non-practicing Muslim whom Barack only knew for a short time. For the vast majority of his life, he was raised by his CATHOLIC, white grandparents in Hawaii. And he has never been a Muslim and never prayed in a mosque. I take him at his word and I will continue to do so until there is a factual, non-fringe source.

The media is taking advantage of our lack of understanding on this matter and it is important that we look at these things objectively.
    well said. just like many jews will consider anyone born to a jewish mother a jew, even if the person doesn't practice the religion. islam is patrilinear and anyone with a muslim father is considered to be born muslim.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Why worry? We're doing it just fine on our own.
    Last edited by mamaste; June 14th, 2008 at 08:04 PM.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Oh, how I wish you were right. We're at war for oil dear, we're not at war with terrorists. And we have nothing to show for it, either.

Not to be mean, but not voting for someone because of their religion is not what democracy is all about.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information