Thread: Barack Obama's lies finally catch up to him

Default Barack Obama's lies finally catch up to him

The silver-tongued little-devil finally got snared but good in his forked tongue (H/T Gateway Pundit):
    “I am a believer in knowing what you’re doing when you apply for a job. And, I think that if I were to seriously consider running on a national ticket I would essentially have to start now before having served a day in the Senate. Now, there are some people who may be comfortable doing that, but I’m not one of those people.”
    The admissions here are stunning. Clearly, as highlighted, Obama is admitting he felt unqualified and too inexperienced to run as President. Yet he also admitted to run for President he would have to start the very next day (which apparently he did). Obama is going to get creamed over this video because it begs lots of questions:
    1. Senator Obama, did you start running for President essentially as you took your Senate oath? And was that not unfair to the people who elected you to represent them in the Senate (I am sure there is a great amount of data on all the votes and debates Obama missed while campaigning)
    2. Senator Obama, what experiences and accomplishments did you gain since 2004 that turned you from not being prepared to being prepared to be the President of the United States (this limits the years he can reference to bolster his national security lack of experience - no Boy Scouts).
    3. Senator Obama, who should the American people believe, Barrack_2004 or Barrack_2008?
    McCain’s life just got simpler. Everyone who is uncomfortable with Obama, or is being cowed by the “vote Obama or else you racists!” crap from the news media, or who just wants a good excuse to stick it to the news media, now have a good reason to oppose Obama. And the reason was Obama’s own words and admission that he was not qualified to be President only 4 years ago, and nothing of any substance has happened since to change that determination. People who want to oppose Obama can now quote Obama as their reason without being tagged a racist or a traitor to the cause, etc.
    Obama is not going to be able to talk his way out of this one, unless he wants to claim that is not the Barrack Obama he thought he always knew! This is why rookies can’t run for President and the press cannot hoist untested (or un-vetted) candidate on an already skeptical public. The Strata-Sphere » Obama’s Lies Finally Catch Up To Him

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Hit By Ban Bus!

* McCain pledged in February 2008 that he would not, under any circumstances, raise taxes. Specifically, McCain was asked if he is a “‘read my lips’ candidate, no new taxes, no matter what?” referring to George H.W. Bush’s 1988 pledge. “No new taxes,” McCain responded. Two weeks later, McCain said, “I’m not making a ‘read my lips’ statement, in that I will not raise taxes.”
    * McCain claims to have considered and not considered joining John Kerry’s Democratic ticket in 2004.
    * In 1998, he championed raising cigarette taxes to fund programs to cut underage smoking, insisting that it would prevent illnesses and provide resources for public health programs. Now, McCain opposes a $0.61-per-pack tax increase, won’t commit to supporting a regulation bill he’s co-sponsoring, and has hired Philip Morris’ former lobbyist as his senior campaign adviser.
    * McCain’s first mortgage plan was premised on the notion that homeowners facing foreclosure shouldn’t be “rewarded” for acting “irresponsibly.” His second mortgage plan took largely the opposite position.
    * McCain vowed, if elected, to balance the federal budget by the end of his first term. Soon after, he decided he would no longer even try to reach that goal.
    * McCain’s campaign unveiled a Social Security policy that the senator would implement if elected, which did not include a Bush-like privatization scheme. In March 2008, McCain denounced his own campaign’s policy.
    * In February 2008, McCain reversed course on prohibiting waterboarding.
    * In November 2007, McCain reversed his previous position on a long-term presence for U.S. troops in Iraq, arguing that the “nature of the society in Iraq” and the “religious aspects” of the country make it inevitable that the United States “eventually withdraws.” Two months later, McCain reversed back, saying he’s prepared to leave U.S. troops in Iraq for 100 years.
    * McCain used to champion the Law of the Sea convention, even volunteering to testify on the treaty’s behalf before a Senate committee. Now he opposes it.
    * McCain was a co-sponsor of the DREAM Act, which would grant legal status to illegal immigrants’ kids who graduate from high school. Now he’s against it.
    * On immigration policy in general, McCain announced in February 2008 that he would vote against his own legislation.
    * In 2006, McCain sponsored legislation to require grassroots lobbying coalitions to reveal their financial donors. In 2007, after receiving “feedback” on the proposal, McCain told far-right activist groups that he opposes his own measure.
    * McCain said before the war in Iraq, “We will win this conflict. We will win it easily.” Four years later, McCain said he knew all along that the war in Iraq war was “probably going to be long and hard and tough.”
    * McCain said he was the “greatest critic” of Rumsfeld’s failed Iraq policy. In December 2003, McCain praised the same strategy as “a mission accomplished.” In March 2004, he said, “I’m confident we’re on the right course.” In December 2005, he said, “Overall, I think a year from now, we will have made a fair amount of progress if we stay the course.”
    * McCain went from saying he would not support repeal of Roe v. Wade to saying the exact opposite.
    * McCain went from saying gay marriage should be allowed, to saying gay marriage shouldn’t be allowed.
    * McCain criticized TV preacher Jerry Falwell as “an agent of intolerance” in 2002, but then decided to cozy up to the man who said Americans “deserved” the 9/11 attacks.
    * McCain used to oppose Bush’s tax cuts for the very wealthy, but he reversed course in February.
    * On a related note, he said 2005 that he opposed the tax cuts because they were “too tilted to the wealthy.” By 2007, he denied ever having said this, and insisted he opposed the cuts because of increased government spending.
    * In 2000, McCain accused Texas businessmen Sam and Charles Wyly of being corrupt, spending “dirty money” to help finance Bush’s presidential campaign. McCain not only filed a complaint against the Wylys for allegedly violating campaign finance law, he also lashed out at them publicly. In April, McCain reached out to the Wylys for support.
    * McCain supported a major campaign-finance reform measure that bore his name. In June 2007, he abandoned his own legislation.
    * McCain opposed a holiday to honor Martin Luther King, Jr., before he supported it.
    * McCain was against presidential candidates campaigning at Bob Jones University before he was for it.
    * McCain was anti-ethanol. Now he’s pro-ethanol.
    * McCain was both for and against state promotion of the Confederate flag.
    * McCain decided in 2000 that he didn’t want anything to do with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, believing he “would taint the image of the ‘Straight Talk Express.’” Kissinger is now the Honorary Co-Chair for his presidential campaign in New York.
    Now, it’s worth noting that there are worse qualities in a presidential candidate than changing one’s mind about a policy matter or two. McCain has been in Congress for decades; he’s bound to shift now and then on various controversies.
    But therein lies the point — McCain was consistent on most of these issues, right up until he started running for president, at which point he conveniently abandoned practically every position he used to hold. The problem isn’t just the incessant flip-flops; it’s the shameless pandering and hollow convictions behind the incessant flip-flops.

Carpetbagger Report

eta:embedded links did not transfer as they usually do. Click the link for links and citations.

^^ Difference is, most know McCain is insane. But Obama is perfect, and all his 'inconsistencies' have honest to goodness explanations!

hahaha, omg, the GOP must be getting real desperate if these are the straws they're grasping at.

That's just a blogger. Until McCain points out all of Obama's 'mistakes', its meaningless. We already know the media won't. Obama is a god to them. Just ask Chris Matthews.

Um, just a year ago McCain said he felt he was too old to run for president.

Derr.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

To his credit, McCain isn't the one posting these idiotic, fallacy-filled, embarrassing straw man attacks about non-issues. If he did, people would laugh in his face because there is no substance to them whatsoever.

And, I can see someone disagreeing with someone's policies, but what has Obama done that makes him a "DEVIL" with a "FORKED TONGUE"?????? Rabid much?

I am confused, why is it okay since people think McCain is insane? I don't necessarily understand the Obama worship, but I don't understand this either...

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    3. Senator Obama, who should the American people believe, Barrack_2004 or Barrack_2008?
    McCain’s life just got simpler. Everyone who is uncomfortable with Obama, or is being cowed by the “vote Obama or else you racists!” crap from the news media, or who just wants a good excuse to stick it to the news media, now have a good reason to oppose Obama. And the reason was Obama’s own words and admission that he was not qualified to be President only 4 years ago, and nothing of any substance has happened since to change that determination. People who want to oppose Obama can now quote Obama as their reason without being tagged a racist or a traitor to the cause, etc.
    Obama is not going to be able to talk his way out of this one, unless he wants to claim that is not the Barrack Obama he thought he always knew! This is why rookies can’t run for President and the press cannot hoist untested (or un-vetted) candidate on an already skeptical public. The Strata-Sphere » Obama’s Lies Finally Catch Up To Him
    Anyone who is going to parse Obama's words needs to first be able to spell his name right. Say it with me now: it is B-A-R-A-C-K.

But I'll still play along. Here's the actual quote, in context, from a Vanity Fair article:

'Obama’s own farewell to his colleagues in Springfield, on November 8, 2004, was less eloquent but no less heartfelt. Afterward, he faced the Springfield press corps for the last time. Someone asked why he had already ruled out running on a national ticket with Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2008. His answer was crisp and immediate. “You know,” Obama replied, “I am a believer in knowing what you’re doing when you apply for a job. And I think that if I were to seriously consider running on a national ticket I would essentially have to start now, before having served a day in the Senate. Now, there are some people who might be comfortable doing that, but I’m not one of those people.”

So you see folks, what BARACK really meant was that he wasn't going to Washington to be on a ticket with Clinton, ie, he wasn't applying for that job. Primarily because if he was applying for that job, he couldn't focus on being a U.S. Senator, and because he had yet to work a single day in the Senate alongside Clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Um, just a year ago McCain said he felt he was too old to run for president.

Derr.
    He was right. The good old boys in the GOP threw their weight behind him. Wrong move, GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    I am confused, why is it okay since people think McCain is insane? I don't necessarily understand the Obama worship, but I don't understand this either...
    McCain is labeled 'insane' primarily because of his temper. In recent years, his liberal stances on issues like campaign finance reform and illegal immigration have made the term 'insane' more about his policies in respect to his (alleged) chosen party. Then, of course, you have the crazy shit where he considered being John Kerry's VP in 2004 and switching parties. Those are just a few of the things McCain has done to earn the nickname, a nickname used mostly by other Republicans and conservatives who disagree ideologically with him.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    To his credit, McCain isn't the one posting these idiotic, fallacy-filled, embarrassing straw man attacks about non-issues. If he did, people would laugh in his face because there is no substance to them whatsoever.

And, I can see someone disagreeing with someone's policies, but what has Obama done that makes him a "DEVIL" with a "FORKED TONGUE"?????? Rabid much?
    How is that blogger any different than the stuff said here about McCain and other republican by Grimm? It isn't. For crying out loud...
    Last edited by Tati; June 12th, 2008 at 08:33 PM.

campaign finance reform has pretty much been a scam since he's been breaking a number of rules so far this time
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    campaign finance reform has pretty much been a scam since he's been breaking a number of rules so far this time
    All of them have. Of course, if I want to pay for an ad to say so, I can't within 90 days of an election. So much for the first amendment and the right to speak out against the government freely.

really? which ones has obama broken

All I have to say is...

not exactly.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I'm not sure what the story is...Obama basically had his eye on the presidency in tandem with taking national office? Exactly where is the problem and/or controversy?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Thread Information