Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John McCain's fake moral fibre

Thumbs down John McCain's fake moral fibre

McCain likes to illustrate his moral fibre by referring to his five years as a prisoner-of-war in Vietnam. And to demonstrate his commitment to family values, the 71-year-old former US Navy pilot pays warm tribute to his beautiful blonde wife, Cindy, with whom he has four children.

But there is another Mrs McCain who casts a ghostly shadow over the Senator’s presidential campaign. She is seldom seen and rarely written about, despite being mother to McCain’s three eldest children....

when McCain returned to America in 1973 to a fanfare of publicity and a handshake from Richard Nixon, he discovered his wife had been disfigured in a terrible car crash three years earlier. Her car had skidded on icy roads into a telegraph pole on Christmas Eve, 1969. Her pelvis and one arm were shattered by the impact and she suffered massive internal injuries.

When Carol was discharged from hospital after six months of life-saving surgery, the prognosis was bleak. In order to save her legs, surgeons

had been forced to cut away huge sections of shattered bone, taking with it her tall, willowy figure. She was confined to a wheelchair and was forced to use a catheter.

Through sheer hard work, Carol learned to walk again. But when John McCain came home from Vietnam, she had gained a lot of weight and bore little resemblance to her old self.

Today, she stands at just 5ft4in and still walks awkwardly, with a pronounced limp. Her body is held together by screws and metal plates and, at 70, her face is worn by wrinkles that speak of decades of silent suffering....

McCain divorced her in 1980 and married Cindy, 18 years his junior and the heir to an Arizona brewing fortune, just one month later....

'My accident is well recorded. I had 23 operations, I am five inches shorter than I used to be and I was in hospital for six months. It was just awful, but it wasn’t the reason for my divorce.

‘My marriage ended because John McCain didn’t want to be 40, he wanted to be 25. You know that happens...it just does.’

Some of McCain’s acquaintances are less forgiving, however. They portray the politician as a self-centred womaniser who effectively abandoned his crippled wife to ‘play the field’. They accuse him of finally settling on Cindy, a former rodeo beauty queen, for financial reasons....

When McCain – his hair turned prematurely white and his body reduced to little more than a skeleton – was released in March 1973, he told reporters he was overjoyed to see Carol again.

But friends say privately he was ‘appalled’ by the change in her appearance. At first, though, he was kind, assuring her: ‘I don’t look so good myself. It’s fine.’...

In 1979 – while still married to Carol – he met Cindy at a cocktail party in Hawaii. Over the next six months he pursued her, flying around the country to see her. Then he began to push to end his marriage.

Carol and her children were devastated. ‘It was a complete surprise,’ says Nancy Reynolds, a former Reagan aide....

Ted Sampley, who fought with US Special Forces in Vietnam and is now a leading campaigner for veterans’ rights, said: ‘I have been following John McCain’s career for nearly 20 years. I know him personally. There is something wrong with this guy and let me tell you what it is – deceit.

‘When he came home and saw that Carol was not the beauty he left behind, he started running around on her almost right away. Everybody around him knew it.

‘Eventually he met Cindy and she was young and beautiful and very wealthy. At that point McCain just dumped Carol for something he thought was better.

‘This is a guy who makes such a big deal about his character. He has no character. He is a fake. If there was any character in that first marriage, it all belonged to Carol.’...

But Ross Perot, who paid her medical bills all those years ago, now believes that both Carol McCain and the American people have been taken in by a man who is unusually slick and cruel – even by the standards of modern politics.

‘McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory,’ he said.

‘After he came home, Carol walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.’

The wife John McCain callously left behind | Mail Online
    ick.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I don't understand why he was so judgmental about his wife when he came home, because he suffered injuries from being a POW as well.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

maybe she reminded him of his own torture
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

maybe after 5 years apart he just didn't love her anymore.......

shit happens, people divorce.....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

excuses.

Straight from the Ex's mouth in the above article:

'My accident is well recorded. I had 23 operations, I am five inches shorter than I used to be and I was in hospital for six months. It was just awful, but it wasn’t the reason for my divorce.

‘My marriage ended because John McCain didn’t want to be 40, he wanted to be 25. You know that happens...it just does.’

Yeah, it happens....people change, and sometimes they no longer wish to be married....

My parents are an example.....so is my SO.....they were unhappy in their marriages, so they divorced

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Oh i'm not prohibiting it or taking a moral position on divorce itself.

His hypocrisy on 'family values' given him running around with some woman half his age behind his wife's back is quite apparent.

Yes, people fall out of love and divorce, but he could have divorced FIRST instead of leaving his disabled wife at home while he ran around for poon.

A FORTY-YEAR OLD MAN deciding to cheat on his wife because he "wants to be 25" isn't something that "just happens" and it certainly isn't in line with "Family Values."

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    A FORTY-YEAR OLD MAN deciding to cheat on his wife because he "wants to be 25" isn't something that "just happens"
    It happens every day....midlife crisis.....

It happens, but it isn't something that just happens. The only reason it happens is because the people involved made the choice to make it happen. He made that choice and revealed he is a douchebag.

If the woman who was done wrong has no issue with, then I most certainly don't.

I don't judge what happens in other people's relationships....but that's just me....

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    If the woman who was done wrong has no issue with, then I most certainly don't.

I don't judge what happens in other people's relationships....but that's just me....

I can understand that technically it's not your business, but there is nothing wrong with having an opinion about someone if they acted like a bastard to their "partner" even though you personally weren't involved. If a husband abused his wife emotionally, physically, or whatever, and she said she "has no issue with it," I'm sure as hell going to judge him for it even though she doesn't and I'll have no qualms about doing so.

Mccain has an appalling "record" on the Vietnam POW issue, disgracefully ignoring the families of those left behind in Vietnam. Some question his account as a P.O.W. He admits as much that he gave up information in exchange for medical help.

Sure I couldn't really judge a man in that situation since I haven't been a POW, if I had grievous injuries I would probably done the same but this guy is practically campaigning as a POW hero. When you had guys like Admiral Stockdale who almost killed himself by cutting his throat in order to not give up information, mccain ain't no damned hero by comparison. It is said that he also received favorable treatment as his father and grandfather were famous admirals.

Anyways don't believe the hype, he is far from the genial and kindly person liberals and conservatives both like to praise him as being. His record on veterans and his own service record (destroyed numerous jets, was not one of the best in his class) speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    I can understand that technically it's not your business, but there is nothing wrong with having an opinion about someone if they acted like a bastard to their "partner" even though you personally weren't involved. If a husband abused his wife emotionally, physically, or whatever, and she said she "has no issue with it," I'm sure as hell going to judge him for it even though she doesn't and I'll have no qualms about doing so.
    I understand your POV.

I don't approve of abuse, and never said that I would condone that.

But cheating isn't always abuse, things do happen and life can be complicated. It happens a lot. Some people end the relationship, some people stay. I can't say what is right for those people's lives.

In my view love/marriage is a complex area, and sometimes people grow apart. The man was away for 5 years, and who knows how he was thinking or what he felt. Who knows how she felt when he returned?

She speaks very highly of him, not just here, but in many other articles. They have what I like to think of as a successful divorce.

There may be many areas where I disapprove of McCain's politics, but I, and I'm speaking for me only, wouldn't hold it against a person for being unfaithful.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; June 9th, 2008 at 07:11 PM.

McCain's ex is probably just indenial about the whole thing. I know I would be, if I had to go through that many surgeries, and found out my man was cheating on me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information