Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Senator Hillary Clinton to end presidential campaign on Friday, June 6, 2008

Default Senator Hillary Clinton to end presidential campaign on Friday, June 6, 2008

Clinton to end presidential campaign on Friday: ABC
    17 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - New York Sen. Hillary Clinton will drop out of the presidential race on Friday and cede the Democratic nomination to Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, ABC News reported on Wednesday, without citing sources.

Obama secured the Democratic Party's presidential nomination on Tuesday night after a long, hard-fought primary battle with Clinton for the right to face Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona in the November 4 general election.

ABC reported that Clinton would hold an event on Friday flanked by supporters "in which we believe, all indications are she will concede the race, once and for all."

Obama, the first black candidate to lead a major U.S. party into a White House race, began the task of unifying a fractured party the day after clinching the nomination.

Clinton has refused to concede but called it "an honor" to have competed against him.

Obama faces the question of whether to name Clinton as his running mate. The former first lady has indicated interest in the job after her presidential bid fell short.

"We're going to be having a conversation in coming weeks, and I'm very confident how unified the Democratic Party's going to be to win in November," Obama told reporters when asked about Clinton.

Obama, 46, began the race as a decided underdog against Clinton, one of the best-known U.S. politicians but a polarizing figure who arouses strong passions among both supporters and opponents.

(Writing by JoAnne Allen; Editing by Peter Cooney)
    Clinton to end presidential campaign on Friday: ABC - Yahoo! News
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

i'll believe it when i see it for myself.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

It's time for her to show some grace and concede. But I agree...I'll only believe it when I hear it come from her.

Why wait til Friday, she lost on Tuesday?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^ That's what I was thinking. I think she chose Friday on purpose, just to bug a bunch of people.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    ^ That's what I was thinking. I think she chose Friday on purpose, just to bug a bunch of people.
    End of the news week cycle. No one will pay that much attention, because it's the weekend...she can even act like she never did it on Monday!!

ETA: She has moved it to Saturday...then it will be Tuesday..
    Last edited by *DIVA!; June 4th, 2008 at 11:48 PM.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!

She will only suspend her campaign so as not to lose any of her pledged delegates. She will not concede until after the convention.

A*O

Agree. The bitch isn't going to go quietly or without a fight. Then I predict she will have a nervous breakdown.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

If she really cared about what she stood for, and the importance of putting her ego aside and looking at what she thinks is best for our country,
    she would pass those delegates to Obama. But instead, she might keep them to push universal health care. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I suspect she has an ulterior motive.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I predict a quick divorce. Bet they've had their papers all drawn up for weeks.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

actually she sent out a newsletter saying she was conceding this Saturday in Washington DC, so I'm pretty sure she is going to congratulate Obama and endorse him ..... it's over and she knows it

She waited for her staff. This way they get to finish the week and pack up their things and leave. They were able to return to her NY headquarters from the various places the were for the last primary. Their last day of work will be Friday, the offices will close, and she'll announce Saturday.

I know so many of you really can't bear the woman, but there are a lot of people working for her, running a campaign is a business.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    She waited for her staff. This way they get to finish the week and pack up their things and leave. They were able to return to her NY headquarters from the various places the were for the last primary. Their last day of work will be Friday, the offices will close, and she'll announce Saturday.

I know so many of you really can't bear the woman, but there are a lot of people working for her, running a campaign is a business.
    They saw how the tide was turning Saturday evening, they have been in New York since Tuesday..they couldn't have packed their rags then?? It doesn't take that long to break down offices, and pack up personal effects!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

SEE!!! All you haters and skeptics--the rapture really IS going to occur on June 6! THIS PROVES IT! All makes sense to me now!!

haha

A*O

Still 6 June here - and still no Rapture. Or maybe it happened and I've been left behind. Waaaaaaaaa!

I wonder if we will ever know how many millions Hillary sank into her campaign. That alone must be pretty difficult to deal with.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information