Thread: Republicans to use video of Hillary Clinton praising John McCain repeatedly

Thumbs down Republicans to use video of Hillary Clinton praising John McCain repeatedly

Thanks Hil. Heckuva job.

NEW YORK (CNN) – Hours before the polls closed Tuesday in the final two Democratic presidential primaries, the Republican National Committee began circulating a video of Hillary Clinton questioning Barack Obama’s qualifications to be commander-in-chief, and acknowledging John McCain has this important presidential credential.

“Senator McCain will bring a lifetime of experience to the campaign, I will bring a lifetime of experience and Senator Obama will bring a speech that he gave in 2002,” Clinton says in the one-minute video of CNN’s coverage of a news conference she held on March 8 – the day Obama won the Wyoming caucuses. “I think that is a significant difference. I think that since we now know Senator McCain will be the nominee for the Republican Party, national security will be front and center in this election. We all know that.

"And I think it is imperative that each of us be able to demonstrate we can cross the commander-in-chief threshold. And I believe I have done that. Certainly, Senator McCain has done that. And you will have to ask Senator Obama with respect to his candidacy.”

The RNC posted the video on YouTube early Tuesday afternoon, just as Obama was on the verge of locking up the Democratic nomination and speculation heated up about Clinton being his running mate.

Tonight, South Dakota and Montana Democrats hold the final two contests of the primary season. Obama is expected to secure the support of enough delegates to claim the party’s presidential nomination as early as tonight, and but no later than the end of this week.

An RNC official tells CNN to expect to see more of Republicans highlighting Clinton’s critical comments of Obama as the campaign now turns to the general election phase.

“We will use it repeatedly,” the official said.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Republicans begin to highlight Clinton’s criticism of Obama « - Blogs from CNN.com
    doin their job for them. Again, thanks a bunch Hil.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If people are as disgusted with the past 8 years of Bush/Repub rule as they claim to be, Obama should be a shoe-in, regardless of what Clinton said.

The election hasn't happened yet and she's already being blamed for his losing.

If he is the candidate his supporters would have us believe he is, surely McCain has no chance.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

It's not that he's losing, it's that Hillary willingly provided an opponent of the Democratic party ammunition to use against a member running in an election, just to further her own ambitions.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

and Democrats should use videos of McCain praising Bush.

Attacks on your internal party opponents are common during primary seasons...like Reagan/Bush in 1980....and Kennedy/Johnson in 1960...both of which were truly vicious campaigns as well.

Both Reagan and Kennedy survived the attacks made on them by the opponent inside the party and went on to be elected- even giving the opponent the VP slot in both cases.

Democratic Senator Ted Kennedy, who has been much lauded here in these pages since his illness, took on Jimmy Carter- Incumbant Democratic President in 1980 in a vicious primary campaign that went all the way to a fight on the convention floor. He's praised today as a hero and pillar of the democratic party.

It's politics. Nothing new here. Just the fact that we have an internet that can play these attacks on demand, and we don't have only the TV to see them on is different
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; June 3rd, 2008 at 08:38 PM.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

You know, I would not be shocked if McCain named Hillary his VP. He and Hill have a record of working together.

What a maverick he is.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Yep, if Obama loses some people will still blame Hillary instead of him. Hilarious yet very sad. How about Obama having some personal responsibility? He's an intelligent man, I'm sure he can effectively counter these ads. If not then it's his fault if he loses.

the point is hillary was a shithead for doing it

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    Yep, if Obama loses some people will still blame Hillary instead of him. Hilarious yet very sad. How about Obama having some personal responsibility? He's an intelligent man, I'm sure he can effectively counter these ads. If not then it's his fault if he loses.
    Oh you can bet the potential loser talking points are already written:

1. Hillary's fault
    2. Voters are racists

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Hit By Ban Bus!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j76QeheaHC8[/YOUTUBE]

Thread Information