Thread: Pew: Steep drop in Barack Obama support among white women, independents

Default Pew: Steep drop in Barack Obama support among white women, independents

Interesting numbers from the Pew Research Center (view the report)that I haven't seen discussed elsewhere...
    Recent declines in Obama's image have been pronounced among whites - especially white women. Currently, just 43% of white women express a positive opinion of Obama, down from 56% in late February.
    Favorable opinions of Obama among independent voters, who have provided him strong support in several of his primary election victories, also have declined over the course of the campaign. Obama's favorable ratings among this pivotal group have fallen from 62% in late February to just 49% in the current poll...
    Currently, Obama and McCain run even among independents (44% to 44%); in April, Obama enjoyed a 52% to 41% advantage among these pivotal voters. Similarly, Obama now trails McCain among white women (by 49% to 41%), who were more evenly divided in previous surveys...
    I was recently told that half of white women told Pew they had a negative opinion of Obama, but the report doesn't specify what the negative response was...

Also note that in 2004, Bush carried white women, 55 percent to 44 percent...

The Campaign Spot on National Review Online=

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

all bitter jealous fatty hillary supporters no doubt..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Ha. People who have shed the cult haze, no doubt.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Not the hillbots, they're still clinging to dementia quite tightly.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think all the Rev. Wright crap has affected Obama's numbers.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    all bitter jealous fatty hillary supporters no doubt..
    way to get her supporters to vote for Obama grimm! Very smart!

some people just don't get that the more they mock her and her supporters the more they want to vote for McCain out of spite, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    way to get her supporters to vote for Obama grimm! Very smart!

some people just don't get that the more they mock her and her supporters the more they want to vote for McCain out of spite, do they?
    You know what..this is about Hillary's supporters lives, not her. If they want to throw away their votes by voting for McCain, then go ahead. Obama's supporters shouldn't have to kiss the Hillbots asses in order for them to do what is right for themselves and this country. How smart are they really!!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

exactly.

Obama has been pretty frickn gracious so far, and the Hill camp has been nothing but ridiculous. See them at that michigan/florida rules meeting? They acted like petulant children.

Gold Member

If Obama's independent numbers are dropping and his image is declining obviously not everyone thinks he's running a positive campaign. Since half the Republican party can't stand McCain and half the Democratic party can't stand Obama, they both will be battling for the all important Independent votes.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    You know what..this is about Hillary's supporters lives, not her. If they want to throw away their votes by voting for McCain, then go ahead. Obama's supporters shouldn't have to kiss the Hillbots asses in order for them to do what is right for themselves and this country. How smart are they really!!
    Of course nobody has to kiss anyone else's ass, it's about having some respect and being smart about the general election. Obama even treated Hillary and her supporters respectfully, because he knows he needs those votes if he wants to win. You aren't really doing him any favors by having a bad attitude.

A bad attitude about Hillary supporters needing to grow the fuck up? LOL

let's think on that a bit.

Thread Information