Thread: Hillary Clinton activists don't care if Roe v Wade is overturned by John McCain

Unhappy Hillary Clinton activists don't care if Roe v Wade is overturned by John McCain

ABC's Jake Tapper writes a post I've been meaning to for a while:

The founder of the DFL Feminist Caucus in swing state Minnesota, Koryne Horbal, tells the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that she is pushing a petition drive to secure the commitment of feminists everywhere to write-in Sen. Hillary Clinton's name in November.

What if that means Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., becomes president?

"I don't care," Horbal said. "Let McCain clean it up for four years, and then we can have Hillary run again."

It's fairly irrefutable that should there be a Supreme Court vacancy in the next four years, which there probably will be, McCain will appoint a Justice who in all likelihood will be the final vote to overturn Roe v Wade.

I'm not making a value judgment here on that -- it's just a fact. It's one of the reasons why many conservatives will vote for McCain, whom they dislike on several other issues.

So how do these feminists reconcile that?

Write in, friends, please explain.

I'm aware of the disappointment by Clinton supporters, the sexist treatment of Clinton by many members of the media. I don't dismiss any of that. But I thought abortion rights were an important part of the feminist movement

Would Ms. Horbal feel the same way if she were 21 instead of 71?

Jake is right. Hillary decided to take the past couple of months and convince her female supporters that the Democratic party hates women. In the meantime, our party leaders, and the superdelegates, were too afraid to tell Hillary to stop. So now we have a situation where far too many of Hillary's supporters want to vote for John McCain instead of Barack Obama. If McCain wins, Roe is gone. How does Hillary feel about that? How does EMILY's List, whose leader, Ellen Malcolm, helped fan the false flames of misogyny, feel about having a hand in helping the far-right finally overturn Roe? How do Hillary's female supporter feel about people who put the cult of personality of one person before the rights of billions of women and men? Hillary didn't just try to win, she tore down Barack Obama and the party by lying to women, and now women are understandably angry. I hope EMILY's List, Geraldine Ferraro, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Stephanie Tubbs Jones, and all the rest of the Hillary-or-die feminists are awfully proud of themselves. They're about to do more damage to women's rights, and the rights of all of us, than Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, Phyllis Schlafly and the rest of that ilk combined.

So spare me the "we're angry women" crap. If you want to see angry women, just wait until Roe is overturned and everyone realizes it's your fault.

AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth
    Jesus, they're batshit
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Funny that Avarosis thinks that feminist should stand up for thier rights regarding Roe v Wade.......

Obama's ties to gay-bashing clergymen, including gospel singer Donnie McClurkin (who claimed he cured himself of homosexuality) and Meeks -- whose church once burned in effigy two gay men adorned in body glitter don't seem to bother him at all...even though he is a huge gay rights activist

I guess he only believes in staying true to your cause if it means supporting Clinton.....

Avarosis is from the 'Do as I say, not as I do" school of thought
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

um, what does that have to do with the subject? The fact that said feminists don't care abut Roe v Wade seems a bit scary, no?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    um, what does that have to do with the subject? The fact that said feminists don't care abut Roe v Wade seems a bit scary, no?

what it has to do with it is that he tells feminists supporting an anti-feminist agenda is crazy...

but he's a gay rights activist supporting a politician surrounded by men with an anti-gay agenda....

It seems strange to me that he criticizes the same crazy behavior he is guilty of.....

also, I really doubt that the DFL ( Democratic Farmer Labor Party) speaks for all feminists everywhere....

They certainly don't speak for this one.....Nor does Emily's List
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well, this.... This is disturbing, quite frankly. I thought being your own woman was about making your own choices? If they don't believe in abortion, they shouldn't force themselves to get one... they don't have to get one. What about the other women who can't have babies, because of the home environment, money, or both? Just because a group of feminists wants it one way, doesn't mean it should have to be that way for all the other women.

Abortion is an option for a reason... A lot of people don't want to bring babies into the world because of limitations. And if abortion was illegal, think of the population problem we'd have.

A lot of people really need to think things through, before opening their mouths.

Thread Information