Thread: Hillary Clinton's staff admits dragging out campaign to hurt Barack Obama

Exclamation Hillary Clinton's staff admits dragging out campaign to hurt Barack Obama

This is a rather huge admission. Hillary's top fundraiser, in what looks to me like an attempt to (again) blackmail the party, is now overtly admitting that, if we let the nomination drag out until June, it may be too late to reunify the party and as a result Hillary's supporters and fundraisers won't help Obama in the fall. Unless, of course, she's given the VP slot. Then Her Highness might deign to support the Democratic candidate for president instead of helping the man who plans to overturn Roe v. Wade:

Hillary's top campaign fundraising official said in an interview that there's a "risk" that Hillary's political and financial supporters won't get behind Obama in time for him to win in November if she's passed over for the veep slot....

"But there's a risk that if she isn't invited on the ticket, Hillary's political and financial supporters may not feel compelled to be as integrated and involved in the Obama campaign in order to provide the maximum support that he'll need to prevail in November."

"We have to recognize that we're talking about the month of June, versus a normal process that historically would have begun in the month of March," Nemazee said. "Time is not your friend. A dream ticket would be the best way to ensure both unity and full and active support, financially and politically, for the ticket to be in the strongest position to win in the fall."

Now, let's take a step back to fully appreciate what was just said.

1. Hillary's people are now conceding our point that by dragging out the nomination until June they may be jeopardizing Obama's chances against McCain.

2. Hillary's people are admitting that they know, and don't care, that they may be jeopardizing Obama's chances against McCain. Hillary's emotional healing is far more important.

3. And what's worse, Hillary's people are using the fact that they're hurting our chances against McCain as some badge of honor that therefore entitles them to the vice presidency.

How many more times do they need to be blackmailed before Howard Dean, Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi tell this emotionally-adolescent basket case to go to hell?

Honestly, Joe and I almost hope Obama does pick Hillary. Then we can really vet the Clintons like they've never been vetted before. Who wouldn't like to know all about Bill Clinton's travels with Ron Burckle, and just what the two of them were doing on those trips to Vegas together. And since everything potentially embarrassing is fair game in a vp-vetting, Hillary would have to answer detailed questions as to whether the rumors that were blasted on the front page of a supermarket rag only 6 weeks ago are true. Then there are the rich foreigners funding Bill Clinton's library. And we'd of course need to know if there are any more Monicas in Bill Clinton's past or present. The possibilities are endless. Anybody have any further questions we'd need answered in a true vetting of Hillary for the vice presidency? Post your questions in the comments.

AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth
    eesh
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

That woman is so ambitious. She will do ANYTHING!

I always liked James Kunstler's description of initiating her presidential march to the White House:
    I was pretty disturbed eight years ago when Hillary Clinton up and announced she was running for a New York seat in the US Senate. Say what? She didn't even live here after she quit Arkansas. Why didn't she run for the single non-voting District of Columbia House of Representatives seat (in a primary against Eleanor Holmes Norton)? Why? Because Hillary is a monster of ambition.

So, Hillary and Bill bought a piece of real estate in Westchester County, NY, and that theoretically qualified her to run for that senate seat. Of course, her move was a huge slap in the face to the 15 million or so adult native New York staters who were also theoretically entitled to run for that office -- including especially the smaller but still substantial number of New Yorkers with serious qualifications. They all rolled over for Hillary, allowing the Clintons to maintain a major power base in American government when the Big Show of Bill's White House tenure was up.

Her run for president took off on schedule with a disturbing sense of inevitability. It was clear that she had internalized the arc of the women's movement to the the degree that the nation owed her a turn in the White House, since this was the logical symbolic destination of the Boomer political ethos: absolute equality above all other considerations -- Hillary gets to play, too! The American public seemed willing to go along with this national psychodrama. It satisfied a certain school days sense of morality. Then Barack Obama had to come along and spoil it all. The nerve of that... uppity Negro!

Who in their right mind would put such a vindictive person on their ticket as VP?

Hit By Ban Bus!

It may makes sense politically for him to pick her as VP, but I don't think Michelle Obama would ever allow it ... I get the feeling she HATES Hillbot.

You get the feeling Hillbot hopes to sabotage Obama so she can run against McCain in '12 don't you?

The Mayan Calendar says the worlds gonna end in '12, kinda weird.

^2012 tends to be misinterpreted. It's not the end of the world, but the end of the current age. If you've ever read Lord of the Rings, in the appendices Tolkien writes about the various ages of Middle Earth. Think about it in terms like that instead of the end of life itself.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^ didn't feel like getting into the long count and the end of the 13th baktun cycle Fluffy ... good to see u are "glass is half full"

^I know a couple of astrologers--Vedic and Egyptian.

Thread Information