Thread: Right Wing twit gets ass handed to him over Barack Obama/Nazi flap

Talking Right Wing twit gets ass handed to him over Barack Obama/Nazi flap

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1wSZBTAXRs[/YOUTUBE]
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Um yeah isn't Chrissy Mathews the guy who admitted he peed a little listening to Obama speak? But since Crissy thinks the comment is about Obama, it MUST be a fact.

Yeah, no bias there, Grimm.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

The guy didn't even know who Neville Chamberlain was. That's the story.

Talking about appeasing Nazis like it was a soundbite. Typical.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    The guy didn't even know who Neville Chamberlain was. That's the story.

Talking about appeasing Nazis like it was a soundbite. Typical.
    I see. So some buffoon doesn't know who Chamberlain is, so that means Bush was talking about Obama.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Again, everybody else figured it out. Pretending it isn't so is just embarrassing for both of us.

Even in the broadest sense, ie: anybody who had ever engaged in diplomacy, or thought about it, with an "enemy", then Obama still fits that bill since he would try to open dialogues with said "enemies" to try and change their minds. So narrowly or broadly, it still applies. You have no wiggle room.

Bush's own GOP nominee admits it's about Obama regardless. You can stop playing dumb at any point.

Chris Mathews' debate tactics are ridiculous. He appears to win through manipulation and bullying, at the expense of the larger (actually relevant) argument. He's using a contextual fallacy against this guy to discredit him. He's trying to set it up so that he can show that if this man doesn't know what Chamberlain specifically did regarding appeasement in 1939, he must not know much about appeasement in general. (As if appeasement itself is a subject exclusive to Neville Chamberlain). In other words, whatever this man has to say on the subject can't be trusted. That's just an old rhetorical trick. The media always uses this sensationalist method and it's sad that it works on most people, and viewers buy into it.
    Last edited by LastLook; May 16th, 2008 at 07:33 AM.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Yeash, except in the context of referring to people as Nazi sympathizers he couldn't even remember (or just didn't know) who the chief Hitler appeaser was.

How is it as trick in that context? It isn't. How is it manipulation? It isn't.

If you're going to dredge up history in such a facile way you better know wtf you're talking about or someone is going to make you look like an idiot. This is the problem with throwing around stupid terms like "nazi sympathizer" and "terrorist appeaser" or the even more inane "cut and run ______"

Isn't the relevant larger argument whether the concept of appeasement has any value with our enemies (presumably the leaders of terrorist states) today? Not 'did appeasement work in the specific case of Hitler and WWII'? Whether it worked then, and in that case, has been established. To assume that what has happened in the past directly equates to today's situation is a misleading oversimplification. And to equate whether someone can list Chamberlain's discrete appeasement actions toward the Nazis, with whether that person has anything of value to say regarding appeasement in today's context with today's "enemies" is also misleading and a contextual fallacy. Chris Mathews is using this to make it look like he won some larger argument.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

List? He couldn't even remember or did not know who the guy was. He ignorantly used a soundbite without the requisite knowledge, situational or historical, to lend credence to whatever argument he had. Instant fail.

The larger argument is largely (hah) irrelevant, most especially to this tool.. if he couldn't even bother to educate himself on the past he is so lamely trying to invoke, what hope has he for attempting to critique any strategies for the present or future? How can he even discuss the matter with no grasp of the precedent? He automatically voids his own credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    List? He couldn't even remember or did not know who the guy was. He ignorantly used a soundbite without the requisite knowledge, situational or historical, to lend credence to whatever argument he had. Instant fail.
    Exactly! Kevin James couldn't answer a simple question but just continued his diatribe without supporting evidence.

Thread Information