Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bush compares Barack Obama to Nazi sympathizers. Seriously.

Default Bush compares Barack Obama to Nazi sympathizers. Seriously.

Wow. Losing a congressional race in Mississippi and being the most hated president in American history makes a guy say crazy things. Not to mention, John McCain must be in real trouble if Bush had to stoop this low to help him. This is so inappropriate in so many ways. Bush's own staff admitted that he meant Obama. I'm hoping the ADL, which always weighs in when Democrats say such things, will be blasting our president for invoking Hitler in our presidential race. Not to mention, doing it in Israel? How tacky can you get.

From Huff Post:

Bush has said repeatedly that he would not insert himself into the presidential race, but that stance changed dramatically today during his trip to Israel. After likening Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Osama bin Laden, Bush compared Barack Obama to Nazi appeasers:

"Some seem to believe we should negotiate with terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along," said Bush, in what White House aides privately acknowledged was a reference to calls by Obama and other Democrats for the U.S. president to sit down for talks with leaders like Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"We have heard this foolish delusion before," Bush said in remarks to the Israeli Knesset. "As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American Senator declared: 'Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided.' We have an obligation to call this what it is -- the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history
    ."

Obama himself quickly responded to the comparison, calling it a false attack and listing past presidents who didn't think that diplomacy was such a bad idea:

"It is sad that President Bush would use a speech to the Knesset on the 60th anniversary of Israel's independence to launch a false political attack. It is time to turn the page on eight years of policies that have strengthened Iran and failed to secure America or our ally Israel."

"Instead of tough talk and no action, we need to do what Kennedy, Nixon and Reagan did and use all elements of American power -- including tough, principled, and direct diplomacy -- to pressure countries like Iran and Syria. George Bush knows that I have never supported engagement with terrorists, and the President's extraordinary politicization of foreign policy and the politics of fear do nothing to secure the American people or our stalwart ally Israel."

The NYT has more. Expect this to be THE story of the day.

Even more interesting, apparently Bush's Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates, is a Nazi sympathizer too. Then why hasn't he resigned?

From the Washington Post:

The United States should construct a combination of incentives and threats to engage Iran, and may have missed earlier opportunities to begin a useful dialogue with Tehran, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said yesterday.

"We need to figure out a way to develop some leverage . . . and then sit down and talk with them," Gates said. "If there is going to be a discussion, then they need something, too. We can't go to a discussion and be completely the demander, with them not feeling that they need anything from us."

Nazi lover, resign.

AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth
    Well another idiotic bit of dribbling from Bush.. and yeah, a really tacky and hypocritical bit too.

I love how Bush projects anything his cabinet does onto others
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thank goodness that it is no longer unpatriotic to hate him!

Wow, an anti Bush blogger. What a reliable source.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Considering it's already been responded to by the target, I'd put my bet on it being real.

Besides, Bush is a fucking retard failure anyway. Like this would be beyond his stupid ass.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^ So, you only believe the stuff on the net that you agree with. Ok, fine by me. But next time anyone posts an article from Townhall, WorldNetDaily, Thomas Sowell, etc., do not make claims of their biased.

Be fair.

Democratic congressman Rahm Emanuel, who is Jewish himself, weighs in on George Bush's personal attack on Democratic nominee Barack Obama. Bush compared Obama to Nazi sympathizers in Israel in a speech before the Knesset. Here is what Rahm had to say:

The tradition has always been that when a U.S. President is overseas, partisan politics stops at the water's edge. President Bush has now taken that principle and turned it on its head: for this White House, partisan politics now begins at the water's edge, no matter the seriousness and gravity of the occasion. Does the president have no shame?

AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth
    So I guess Obama and this guy didn't say these things? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tkdgirl View Post
    ^^ So, you only believe the stuff on the net that you agree with. Ok, fine by me. But next time anyone posts an article from Townhall, WorldNetDaily, Thomas Sowell, etc., do not make claims of their biased.

Be fair.

It's not a matter about being fair or bias, if people are directly quoted as saying shit then they obviously said it... ESPECIALLY if it's been confirmed a number of times over.

good lord.
    Last edited by Tati; May 15th, 2008 at 02:31 PM.

"The tradition has always been that when a U.S. President is overseas, partisan politics stops at the water's edge. President Bush has now taken that principle and turned it on its head: for this White House, partisan politics now begins at the water's edge, no matter the seriousness and gravity of the occasion. Does the president have no shame?"

I guess Rahm Emanuel never heard Kennedy's "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech....or Reagan's "Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall" speech.....both made overseas.....another asshole that doesn't know his own history
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

um, those weren't partisan in nature. That was "US vs. SOVIETS".. not scoring points on the Repubs. vs. Dems stage.

all politics is partisan.......by it's nature

more whining by the dems.....they're ok with it when its Bush thats compared to Hitler....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I read his remarks and no where did he mention Obama's name. Now if thin-skinned democrats want to make the large leap and say it was implied, go for it.

And to be fair, it isn't any different than the shit democrats have been saying for YEARS about Bush- including absolutely ludicrous remarks made by democrat members of congress while in foreign countries.

And you know what, Bush is RIGHT on this. Trying to talk to terrorists is like trying to reason with a goat.

"Some seem to believe we should negotiate with terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along," said Bush, in what White House aides privately acknowledged was a reference to calls by Obama and other Democrats for the U.S. president to sit down for talks with leaders like Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"We have heard this foolish delusion before," Bush said in remarks to the Israeli Knesset. "As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American Senator declared: 'Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided.' We have an obligation to call this what it is -- the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history
    ."
    this little nugget sums up why bush's foreign policy and diplomatic style (and to a large extent, most american foreign policy of the last century) is so ineffective and basically retarded and counter-productive.
    and the facile hitler analogy? typical neo-con rhetoric. say something ridiculous, and then back it up with something totally irrefutable like the fact that hitler had to be taken out during WW2 as 'evidence'.

unfortunately, talking to radicals and sometimes even terrorists is unavoidable in world politics. when you've got assholes like ahmadinejad, gaddafi, mugabe or chavez at the head of countries that in total represent a good chunk of the earth's population, land and resources, you're pretty much obligated. or at least be smart and use real diplomacy to get the rest of the region to exert pressure on the country.

what are you going to do? bomb the shit out of every country you disagree with? start mounting 'secret' CIA coups to replace every leader they hate with a puppet president, like they did during the cold war? yeah, cause that worked out so well...

or maybe re-instate the draft and prepare for decades of constant wars, or 'liberations' , to get rid of dictators as they pop up. and hey, you've got 12 million illegals, why not send them to fight in exchange for citizenship or a green card if they don't get blown to bits and they make it back?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

If you can't take the heat, get the fuck outta the kitchen- and the race.

And now Pelosi is crying. Hey Nancy, 'memba this?'

Yeah, I thought so.

uh, he is taking the heat. That's why he responded.

But apparently he wasn't supposed to, because it wasn't aimed at him? A bit contradictory

Secondly, Bush has done A LOT OF THINGS that were similar in style and substance to the Nazi regime, he just didn't push it to their ridiculous level of intensity. Not a lot of Dems can claim the same, I'll wager.

Thirdly, NOT talking to people and simply attempting to run over them or wipe them out, all while funding their enemies who eventually turn on you is exactly why the US is in the situation it finds itself now. Short term strategic gain for long term strategic loss.

Diplomacy and force are useful tools, you just have to know how to wield them properly. Bush and his cabal have demonstrated that they have it ass backwards, and look what it's done.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information