Thread: Hillary Clinton should be allowed to finish out campaign because she's 'sensitive'

Wink Hillary Clinton should be allowed to finish out campaign because she's 'sensitive'

The latest argument being made by Hillary sycophant Ellen Malcolm is that it would be rude to tell Hillary that she lost the election. You'll recall that Malcolm wrote this weekend that the only reason people were saying Hillary lost is because she's a woman (apparently 2+2=5 if you're a woman, according to EMILY's List). Our female readers were none too happy about Malcolm's column. Well, now Malcolm is arguing that it would be rude to ask Hillary to call it quits before the final primaries.

A rift in the women's movement, as the head of Emily's List -- a key Clinton backer -- attacks Naral for endorsing Obama:

I think it is tremendously disrespectful to Sen. Clinton - who held up the nomination of a FDA commissioner in order to force approval of Plan B and who spoke so eloquently during the Supreme Court nomination about the importance of protecting Roe vs. Wade - to not give her the courtesy to finish the final three weeks of the primary process. It certainly must be disconcerting for elected leaders who stand up for reproductive rights and expect the choice community will stand with them.

Wow. If Hillary is that sensitive that she can't be told when she's lost a battle, how is she going to stand up to North Korea and Iran as president? I mean, all they have to do is show her disrespect and apparently we're being told that she'll crumble like a flower. You'd think that there were no other women running, the way EMILY's List is wasting their time and money on Hillary's now-failed campaign. You'd think that Senate and House candidates - and the DNC - weren't complaining that this dragged out race is hurting their fundraising. You'd think that Democratic nominee Barack Obama had nothing better to do these next three weeks than waste time and money dealing with Hillary instead of John McCain.

For Ellen Malcolm and EMILY's List to claim that there is no cost to giving Hillary time to come to terms with her grief is simply bizarre. Hillary is hurting our candidates, starting at the top of the ticket. Malcolm either needs to tell us that she has no other viable pro-choice Democratic women candidates that she could spending EMILY's List money on, or she can just admit that she's going to waste money and time on Hillary's now-over race because, you know, it would be mean to expect Hillary to drop out of the race like every man and woman who has run for office before her.

WWW.AMERICABLOG.COM
    Good lord. Can't have it both ways, ladies!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Neither knows how to lose gracefully.

AMERICAblog is so tired. What Emily Malcolm stated was her personal opinion, nothing more-- it was certainly not an assessment of any reaction on the part of HRC, least of all her "emotional" fortitude. Give me a break. And if these Obama backers are so truly confident in their candidate then they shouldn't be bothered by Hillary's continued campaigning. Let the process play out, the final votes be cast, and see where the chips fall. The constant urgent whining of "Drop out!!" has as much an undertone of fear to it as it does exasperation, as much as they don't want to admit it. I wish they'd stop the griping.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

Quote Originally Posted by LastLook View Post
    AMERICAblog is so tired. What Emily Malcolm stated was her personal opinion, nothing more-- it was certainly not an assessment of any reaction on the part of HRC, least of all her "emotional" fortitude. Give me a break. And if these Obama backers are so truly confident in their candidate then they shouldn't be bothered by Hillary's continued campaigning. Let the process play out, the final votes be cast, and see where the chips fall. The constant urgent whining of "Drop out!!" has as much an undertone of fear to it as it does exasperation, as much as they don't want to admit it. I wish they'd stop the griping.
    Agreed.

If he is tough enough to take on the job of President, then these little things should mean nothing to him.

Who in the media do you cry to when faced with a tough Presidential decision?
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

why doesnt Hills just stick a pantsuit on her uterus and send it out to finish this 'race'. stick a fork in her.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^What an ugly sentiment. Why is it ok to say sexist stuff like that? If she was a man, would you say "Stick a dress on his testicles and let them finish the race"? No, I guess that would be absurd and pointless, right?

I just don't get it.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

I would, if he had already lost but was trying to be macho and keep going even though it was futile.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    why doesnt Hills just stick a pantsuit on her uterus and send it out to finish this 'race'. stick a fork in her.
    wow that's a pretty sexist statement

I constantly wonder why people are so fascinated by the way she dresses..... really are her "pantsuits" that funny? She can't wear skirts because A. she is always photographed and we really don't need a Hillary Clinton upskirt picture and B. people would not take her as seriously. But of course we don't see anyone focused on how Barack Obama or John McCain dress. They're men, so what does it matter what they look like right? Whatever.

Thread Information