Thread: Al Sharpton whines that Barack Obama told him off

Thumbs up Al Sharpton whines that Barack Obama told him off

April 29, 2008 --

Barack Obama made a call for nonviolence in the aftermath of the Sean Bell verdict - infuriating the Rev. Al Sharpton, who accused the presidential candidate of trying to "grandstand in front of white people," sources told The Post.

During what a source described as a "heated" phone call yesterday, Sharpton told Obama he was disappointed with the Illinois senator's words on Friday, when Obama said "resorting to violence to express displeasure" was "completely unacceptable and counterproductive."

"[Obama] issues this statement and not a single rock had been thrown," said a source. "How does the candidate of change ask people to accept a verdict that is unjust?"

The source said Sharpton had hoped Obama would "side with the Bell family" and not use it as an "opportunity to grandstand in front of white people."

An Obama spokesman described the conversation as a chance to "hear [Sharpton's] views and to get his perspective."

Sharpton ratcheted up the pressure on federal prosecutors yesterday by bringing Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, to Kalua, the Queens strip club where the Nov. 25, 2006 shooting took place.

"We are going to put together a federal strategy on how to deal with the case," Conyers said.

Also yesterday, Queens Supreme Court Justice Arthur Cooperman, who rendered the not-guilty verdict, refused to comment on his decision.

"He said what he had to say on the bench," his law clerk said.

Additional reporting by David Seifman and Ikimulisa Livingston

chuck.bennett@nypost.com

SHARPTON RAPS OBAMA - New York Post
    How hilarious is it that the racist shitbag Sharpton is accusing someone else of grandstanding?

LOL

Good for Obama.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Obama must feel like he is beating his head against the wall with people like Sharpton and Rev Wright out there hurting him in the press. Make these guys go away now!!!

Let the race baiters unite! Wright and Sharpton against Obama!!!!

yawn.

Perhaps, this time, Wright and Sharpton will dig their own graves. What scares the hell outta me is a local radio station had numerous black callers agreeing with Wright, and said they need to be 'liberated'. Liberated from what??? I just don't get it.

I find this kind of religious rhetoric even more incendiary tthan screwball, nutjob, right wing Christians. Why? Because Wright is using race AND religion to divide and stir hatred. Not any different than those backwoods churches where white folk still wear sheets.

Thread Information