Thread: Bill Clinton tells Hillary Clinton to ramp up the attacks on Barack Obama

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Bill Clinton tells Hillary Clinton to ramp up the attacks on Barack Obama

From the WSJ:

He's Back.

Dubbed the "Billification" of Sen. Clinton's campaign by some insiders, Mr. Clinton has become something of a strategist-in-chief in recent weeks. He has been pushing for harder and sharper attacks on Sen. Obama. While she has jabbed her opponent over his "elitist" tone and controversial statements by his former pastor, Mr. Clinton delivers his own slams on the stump, calling Obama ads misleading. Mr. Clinton has placed several of his own aides at headquarters, including his former lawyer and a bevy of strategists. Known as a bad loser, Mr. Clinton privately buttresses his wife's drive to push on, telling her, according to aides: "We're not quitters."

On his own daily message calls, advisers say, he implores: "We've got to take him on every time." At the Clintons' Washington, D.C., home recently, these people say, he reviewed possible TV spots and told ad makers to be more hard-hitting, faster and harsher.

Mr. Clinton also told the campaign to double the number of his daily appearances. "Look at this schedule -- you've got me down for four events," he said the week before Pennsylvania's primary, according to one operative. "Give me six, eight a day. Get me to the suburbs where I can make a difference."

The article suggests that his increased role is causing tension. These remarks about Mark Penn were enlightening.

Mr. Clinton's influence is evident in pollster Mark Penn's continuing role in the campaign. Sen. Clinton recently demoted Mr. Penn as her chief strategist after he took part in talks with Colombia's U.S. ambassador over promoting a free-trade pact with the U.S. that she opposes.

However, Mr. Penn has helped in recent debate preparation, and proposed Sen. Clinton's last-minute negative ad in Pennsylvania questioning whether Sen. Obama has "what it takes." He's Back - WSJ.com

yeah, cuz it's worked so well so far lol
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Am I missing something? Maybe...if she concentrated more...on other..things...besides Obama..than just maybe....

Hit By Ban Bus!

Sure Bill, make everbody hate her even more, that's the ticket.

Thread Information