Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blacks think Hillary trying to destroy Obama in 2008 so she can run in 2012

Question Blacks think Hillary trying to destroy Obama in 2008 so she can run in 2012

Welcome to the end of African-American support for the Democratic party. From the NYT:

Mr. Clyburn added that there appeared to be an almost “unanimous” view among African-Americans that Mr. and Mrs. Clinton were “committed to doing everything they possibly can to damage Obama to a point that he could never win.”

Clyburn is the 3rd ranked Democrat in the US House. He says a lot of blacks think Hillary is trying to destroy Obama's chances in 2008, she's trying to make him lose this year in the general election, so that she can run again in 2012.

I've been wondering for a while if the SuperDelegates' fear of taking a stand is greater than their fear of Hillary forcing blacks to leave the Democratic party. This article is scary as hell. It means the black community is starting to see something larger, more nefarious, in what Hillary is doing. As well it should. Hillary has demonized the black church and black pastors, and her surrogates never miss a chance to remind people that Obama is b-l-a-c-k. And now we're seeing that her race-baiting isn't going unnoticed among African-Americans. Again from the NYT:

In an interview with The New York Times late Thursday, Mr. Clyburn said Mr. Clinton’s conduct in this campaign had caused what might be an irreparable breach between Mr. Clinton and an African-American constituency that once revered him. “When he was going through his impeachment problems, it was the black community that bellied up to the bar,” Mr. Clyburn said. “I think black folks feel strongly that that this is a strange way for President Clinton to show his appreciation.”

And let's not fool ourselves. This is only a smattering of the (rightful) anger we're going to see if the SuperDelegates decide to join leagues with the Clintons, overrule the people, and steal the nomination from Obama, the candidate who just so happens to be black. Kiss the black vote goodbye for a very long time.

It's funny, you know. The GOP has been trying to steal the black vote away from the Democrats for years. And Hillary and Bill are on the verge of accomplishing it in - what? - only four months? They really are good.

AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth
    Seems a bit hysterical
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Don't most people that run for any type of election try to discredit or sink the other? Um, yeah. Obama isn't the first victim of this type of action.

True, but from an overall view Obama hasn't sunk to Hillary's level.. she's been a total bitch from day one, pulling a lot of Republican tactics.. Obama hasn't returned the favor, and it's worked for him so far.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^ That's because Obama is a coward with no backbone.

^^Why is it when someone takes the moral high road and doesn't stoop to the level of others, people insinuate that he's a coward with no backbone. Maybe he just doesn't want to play in that shit filled sandbox and wants to focus on what's important...the issues.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^ He's a coward with no backbone because he couldn't be bothered to show up to vote on issues, not because he took the high road.

And what are his issues? He only keeps talking of "change, change, change", but never really tells us what that change is.

Well, SHillary spent the last couple days saying she'd nuke Iran

No, that's not what she said, she said she would be willing to nuke Iran if they nuked Israel" but she also said she didn't see Iran doing that so it's not an open threat.

What has Obama said he's going to do? Once again, "change, change, change"
    I am so tired of hearing it. Spell it out for once or shut your trap.

So she'd nuke iran then? Thanks, i'm pretty sure the end result is nuclear weapons detonated over Iran.

Right, that's what allies do, they protect. Hasn't that been the case for hundreds of years?
    She didn't just come out say she would nuke them for no reason.

Oh and she also said this too:
    "That’s a terrible thing to say but … that perhaps will deter them from doing something that would be reckless, foolish and tragic.”

So to me it doesn't sound like a real threat, it sounds like a way to deter them.
    Last edited by Tati; April 25th, 2008 at 11:51 AM.

Umm not much to protect after you've been glassed by thermonuclear radiation. The only response is MAD, mutually assured destruction. Iran nukes Israel (they most likely nuke back, as they have a few hundred warheads), and then the US nukes Iran, and god knows who else decides to join the fray...

brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Right, that's what allies do, they protect. Hasn't that been the case for hundreds of years?
    She didn't just come out say she would nuke them for no reason.

like Britian and France declared war on Germany when they invaded Poland at the start of World War 2.....or when Canada and Britian entered World War 1 after the Germans invaded Belgium
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well of course you can't protest them after they are nuked but you can protect the rest of the allies over there that stand to be nuked next.

"the Democratic presidential hopeful said American allies in the Middle East were being “intimidated and bullied into submission by Iran.” And she asserted that the U.S. must create a new “security umbrella” to reassure Israel and other allies that they would not be threatened by Iran."

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    like Britian and France declared war on Germany when they invaded Poland at the start of World War 2.....or when Canada and Britian entered World War 1 after the Germans invaded Belgium
    There's a big difference between actual combat for tangible territorial and political stability, and mass destruction that leaves areas uninhabitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Well of course you can't protest them after they are nuked but you can protect the rest of the allies over there that stand to be nuked next.

"the Democratic presidential hopeful said American allies in the Middle East were being “intimidated and bullied into submission by Iran.” And she asserted that the U.S. must create a new “security umbrella” to reassure Israel and other allies that they would not be threatened by Iran."
    Um yeah, not sure the US has any high ground or moral clarity left after the illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq, which posed no threat...
    Last edited by Tati; April 25th, 2008 at 11:51 AM.

^lol. That's funny. That's like saying Germany is worthless just because at one time Hilter was their leader.
    We can't be definded by Bush and his dumbass war forever. With a new President comes new leadership. Things can get better, if the right person is elected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information