Thread: Hillary Clinton keeps repeating she wants Florida and Michigan votes

Thumbs down Hillary Clinton keeps repeating she wants Florida and Michigan votes

I know it's probably too early to be this annoyed, but how is this acceptable?

"I'm very proud that as of today, I have received more votes by the people who have voted than anybody else, and I am proud of that," Clinton said at a rally in Indianapolis. "It's a very close race, but if you count, as I count, the 2.3 million people who voted in Michigan and Florida, then we are going to build on that."

If you count as I count? How about not? How about we don't because those were the agreed upon terms. No backsies.

I am truly convinced that if the results were reversed and Obama was down and tried to loop in the popular vote from states where all candidates agreed not to campaign (especially any state where Clinton's name wasn't even on the ballot!), her camp would be crying foul so fast it would make your head spin.

AMERICAblog: A great nation deserves the truth
    For real bitch, all parties agreed to a set of rules and now you're trying to change them? Fuck off.

Hillary is a lying sack of crap.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Fuck you Hillary. You agreed the rules were broken. You don't get to change your mind because it suits you.

Fuck off.

Books are going to be written about how the dems fucked up this election...snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Only dems could acheive that.

The DNC completely botched Florida and Michigan, which turns the superdelegates into Kingmakers...and there will be blowback from these 2 states....The dems cannot win unless they carry FL.

Meanwhile, the repubs have nominated someone that has strong crossover appeal....
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

The superdelegates are doing what they were designed to do. Michigan and FL fucked their own shit up.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    The superdelegates are doing what they were designed to do.
    Is that when they are voting as their states voted, or when they are making their own decisions on who to vote for?

Because they don't seem to able to decide which of those two choices they were designed to follow.....

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The wishy washy idiots don't know what to do. They know they should vote for the person their state went for in the primaries, but they are being wooed, bullied, bribed, manipulated, and sucked up to by the Clintons.

I swear it will 1968 Democratic convention all over again if this goes to a brokered convention and the superdelegates choose the person least favored by the primary voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    The wishy washy idiots don't know what to do. They know they should vote for the person their state went for in the primaries, but they are being wooed, bullied, bribed, manipulated, and sucked up to by the Clintons.

Like Bill Richardson, the superdelegate who's state's primary was won by HRC but is supporting Obama...He should vote with his state...

or Jon Corzine who stated he may support Obama at the convention, even though HRC won NJ....he should vote as his state did

They pull this same shit on both sides.....but everyone skips over that, in favor of trashing HRC.....

They are both politicians.....two sides of the same coin

Of course Hillary won those states. I don't think any other Dem candidate was even on the ballot. DUH.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Like Bill Richardson, the superdelegate who's state's primary was won by HRC but is supporting Obama...He should vote with his state...

or Jon Corzine who stated he may support Obama at the convention, even though HRC won NJ....he should vote as his state did

They pull this same shit on both sides.....but everyone skips over that, in favor of trashing HRC.....

They are both politicians.....two sides of the same coin
    Nope, can't get me there. I agree Richardson and Corzine should vote with their respective states. Doing this avoids the appearance of backroom dirty deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Nope, can't get me there. I agree Richardson and Corzine should vote with their respective states. Doing this avoids the appearance of backroom dirty deals.
    Ah.....parity How novel and nice to see.

For me it's all the hypocrisy the gets me....

They all do the same shit, but they finger point at the other side.....Politics is politics, and politicians are politicians.......

So if we can call the Clintons on their bullshit, then we must call Obama on his....There are no angels in this race......No politician at these levels is...

Anyway, interestingly on Michigan:

While all eyes were locked on Pennsylvania for the last six weeks, Clinton was quietly amassing delegates in the Wolverine State. And she was rewarded this past weekend with a significant victory at the district conventions...

Buoyed by party elder support, Clinton seems likely to capture more than 60 percent of the state's 128 pledged delegates, according to an analysis by the Michigan Information & Research Service. Including the 28 superdelegates, which lean heavily in the New York senator's favor, she could win upward of 70 percent of delegates, provided that they're seated with full voting power...

It's becoming apparent that Obama should have consented to a revote here. He certainly wouldn't have lost by 15 percentage points or more; polls have pegged the pair in a dead heat. But Obama seemed spooked that Clintonites put forth the plan and the money, so he quashed the do-over last month.

Now Obama is paying the price in delegates, starting with the Michigan Democratic Party's 15 district conventions on Saturday. The Clinton battle plan was flawlessly executed with an eye toward a contested convention. Their delegate roster is crammed with big names like former Gov. Jim Blanchard and Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero.
    This is going all the way to Denver.

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I agree she should stick to the rules she agreed to.

However: if we are really looking at the will of the people, people in FLA did speak, their votes just won't count. It doesn't change the fact that obama wasn't even on the ballot in MI though.

Thread Information