Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Carter and Hamas

Default Jimmy Carter and Hamas

Jimmy Carter's decision to meet with the terrorist organization Hamas is turning the former president into something of a political pariah. Before he left for the region, the State Department tried to persuade him not to meet with Hamas, but Mr. Carter rejected their advice. So, during a visit to the West Bank town of Ramallah yesterday, Mr. Carter hugged and kissed a leading Hamas official at a reception. He is scheduled to meet later this week with Hamas' Damascus-based leader, Khaled Meshaal. Mr. Carter hopes to persuade Mr. Meshaal "to agree to a peaceful resolution of differences, both with the Israelis... and also with Fatah."

After Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called the Holocaust a "myth" and said Israel should be "wiped off the map," Mr. Meshaal congratulated Iranian leaders: "What Iranian officials say may not please some people, but these are just courageous declarations." Retired Army Lt. Col. Robert Maginnis, writing in Human Events, notes that in 2004 Mr. Meshaal signed a statement calling on all Muslims to join with radical cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, head of Iraq's Mahdi Army, in fighting against American forces in Iraq. According to the Middle East Media Research Institute, here's part of a February 2006 speech that Mr. Meshaal delivered at a mosque in Damascus. "Before Israel dies, it must be humiliated and degraded. Allah willing, before they die, they will experience humiliation and degradation every day," Mr. Meshaal declared. "Allah willing, we will make them lose their eyesight, we will make them lose their brains."

This is not mere rhetoric. Hamas has been behind scores of suicide attacks against Israel, and following that nation's August 2005 withdrawal from the Gaza Strip, Hamas has stepped up its firing of rockets and missiles at Israel. None of this has dissuaded Mr. Carter from reaching out to Hamas. According to the group, Mr. Carter sent an envoy to Damascus requesting a meeting with Mr. Meshaal. Hamas said it "welcomed the request." Israeli leaders, including Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, refused to meet with Mr. Carter. Israeli President Shimon Peres met with Mr. Carter, but gave him a rhetorical dressing down, accusing him of doing significant damage to the peace process in recent years.

As Mr. Carter prepared to leave for the Middle East, a Hamas cleric in Gaza declared in a televised sermon that "Very soon, Allah willing, Rome will be conquered, just like Constantinople was, as was prophesized by our Prophet Mohammad. Today, Rome is the capital of the Catholics, or the Crusader capital, which has declared its hostility to Islam, and has planted the brothers of apes and pigs in Palestine in order to prevent the reawakening of Islam." Perhaps Mr. Carter can convince this cleric to join Mr. Meshaal in "peacefully" resolving differences with Israel.

Jimmy Carter and Hamas*-*-*Breaking News, Political News & National Security News - The Washington Times
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hamas, for better or worse, is also a legally elected governing body. Kind of a gray area for a terrorist group.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Hamas, for better or worse, is also a legally elected governing body. Kind of a gray area for a terrorist group.

Way gray area?
    Only pp who support terror voted for them. You meat with them, you talk with them, YOU RAISE MONEY FOR THEM = you legitimate them = you support terror.
    maybe not in words but in actions.

But it very easy to talk about gray area when its not effect you personally.

Yeah, I'm not going to get into any argument with an Israeli over the continual terror/oppression clusterfuck that is the middle east.

That whole area needs to grow the fuck up and stop killing/displacing each other. If I had my way, I'd glass the entire region with a few neutron bombs and build condos overtop just so the stupid shit would stop and we wouldn't have to hear about it on the news for decades on end.

Nobody is blameless.

Everybody has an ax to grind.

Both sides are at fault.

The sooner everybody over there realizes that and claws into adulthood, the better it will get.

Don't want to do that? Well then enjoy being a refugee and enjoy being shot at/bombed. That's how it will be.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I can't help but think it would be amusing if they held him hostage...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

. If I had my way, I'd glass the entire region with a few neutron bombs and build condos overtop.
    So violent, now i understand your previous post, you think like them.
    both of you want to destroy Israel with bombs.

Sorry to disappoint you - WE HERE TO STAY
    we survive the holocaust we will survive this 2

Quote Originally Posted by marie View Post
    So violent, now i understand your previous post, you think like them.
    I also think like Zionists, wiping out indigenous populations. Oh my god, I sound like BOTH SIDES. Imagine that.

The problem with you people, both Israelis and Palestinians, is that you each think you're blameless in the mess you live in.

Anybody who dares point out the fact that you're both equally to blame gets painted by either side as some sort of nut.

I'd rather see you ALL wiped from the earth than have to listen to all the hypocritical fingerpointing that you all do.

both of you want to destroy Israel with bombs.
    did I not say both sides? DID I NOT SAY THAT? yes, I believe I did. That's another thing you people do.. you twist words to suit your own ends.

I WOULD RATHER SEE ALL ISRAELIS AND PALESTINIANS VAPORIZED THAN HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOUR ONE SIDED BLEATING FOR 3 MORE DECADES.

However, barring that, I would much rather you freaks shook hands, grew up, and acted like responsible adults but that will never happen because you're both too wrapped up in your own victimhood and hypocrisy.

Sorry to disappoint you - WE HERE TO STAY
    we survive the holocaust we will survive this 2
    Yeah, my people survived the holocaust too and we were treated as subhuman animals, experimented on, and were even LOWER on the ladder than you were. We took the symbol the nazis gave us and made it one of pride, yet do you see us constantly bringing it up in order to justify things we do? NO YOU DO NOT.

Get over yourselves, get over the holocaust, the rest of us have. You cling to it every day like some sort of sickness. On that note, YOU didn't survive any holocaust. You weren't alive at the time. You're a product of that survival, but you claim the act as your own? Please!

Guess what? MY PEOPLE didn't have to forcibly relocate an entire population, we don't carry on programs of cultural genocide or oppression, and except for the religious crazies, we don't have anybody bombing us in return or shooting at us. I suppose we could, and then say "BUT THE HOLOCAUST!" anytime someone mentioned we were being assholes, but hey we don't. Maybe we're more enlightened, or maybe 'your people', AND the Palestinians need to grow the fuck up.

So stuff the hypocrisy, it doesnt work with me. Go make peace, you're both to blame.
    Last edited by Grimmlok; April 16th, 2008 at 11:12 AM.

Elite Member

1. Both sides are Israel!!!!! PALESTINIANS and ISRAELIS live in Israel.
    One country call ISRAEL.
    I understand what you say i didnt twist you words.

2. Do you know that the Palestians (not the Hammas!!) are in the Israeli government?

3.Hamas IS NOT Palestinians, most of them came from Iran and co.

4. Hamas is in war not only with the Jews aslo with the Palestians!!!

*I did not know that Hitler was in Canada 2.

Quote Originally Posted by marie View Post
    1. Both sides are Israel!!!!! PALESTINIANS and ISRAELI live in Israel.
    Uh yeah, NOW. Before it was British Palestine. Then the Jews escaped from europe at the end of the war, displaced the palestinians into camps who then got pissed off and have been bombing/shooting at you ever since.

One country call ISRAEL.
    I think the Palestinians might disagree with you there.

I understand what you say i didnt twist you words.
    i'm telling you that you did.

2. Do you know that the Palestians (not the Hammas!!) set in the Israeli government?
    Isn't Hamas the legally elected government, displacing the Palestinian Authority for governing of the west bank and so forth? I seem to recall there being some sort of power struggle after the election.

3.Hamas IS NOT Palestinians, most of them came from Iran and co.
    Irrelevant. They currently are a legally elected governing body.

4. Hamas is in war not only with the Jew aslo with the Palestians!!!
    A legally elected governing body is at war with the very people it purports to represent? No, it's fighting the supporters of the Palestinian Authority that were booted from power. Hence the power struggle. Hence the election. Hence Hamas being in power, having been elected.

*I did not know that Hitler was in Canada 2.
    He wasn't. He also wasn't in Israel.

Do they not have gays in Israel?

Were they not rounded up and exterminated in camps during WW2? Did they not have a pink triangle sewn on their sleeves? Were they not treated lower than the Jewish internees? Were they not experimented on?

My 'kind' survived, and turned that symbol into one of pride, but we don't bash people over the head with it.

Elite Member

The short answer to your q's about the legitimate of the hamms will be NO but its very hard to me to explain the all issue in English bc my is not so good.

If you want i will look for site/articals in English...

And we DID NOT sent the Palestinians to camps when we "get" it from Europe.

The Brit didnt not allow to jews to came to Israel, when the ww2 survivors came here they sent them away so pp need to fight to came here. nobody want us, llot of pp died bc they had no were to go.

The brit fight agains the Natzi and agians the survivors here.

And yes we have gays in Israel, you talk with one now...

Ah, the Israel debate. I just don't get Israel and the politics of the middle east. Here's my 2 cents worth.

Since everyone and their mother claims Israel to the their "homeland" (bullshit) I almost think the UN should section it off like Germany after WW2, this part to the Palestines, this part to the Jews, etc... Jerusalem becomes neutral territory. Maybe it's because I'm from the US, but i just don't understand why people of 2 different religions can't live next to each other in peace. Same goes for Northern Ireland. Grimm is right, it's all very juvenile. Do you want to live in peace or do you want to be right? As long as you're a "right fighter" there will never be peace.

Damn, now I sound like Dr. Phil...
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

i agree. like the IRA, whether you agree with them or not, hamas cannot be ignored in the negotiation of a peace agreement.
    Yeah, I'm not going to get into any argument with an Israeli over the continual terror/oppression clusterfuck that is the middle east.

That whole area needs to grow the fuck up and stop killing/displacing each other. If I had my way, I'd glass the entire region with a few neutron bombs and build condos overtop just so the stupid shit would stop and we wouldn't have to hear about it on the news for decades on end.

Nobody is blameless.

Everybody has an ax to grind.

Both sides are at fault.

The sooner everybody over there realizes that and claws into adulthood, the better it will get.

Don't want to do that? Well then enjoy being a refugee and enjoy being shot at/bombed. That's how it will be.
    I also think like Zionists, wiping out indigenous populations. Oh my god, I sound like BOTH SIDES. Imagine that.

The problem with you people, both Israelis and Palestinians, is that you each think you're blameless in the mess you live in.

Anybody who dares point out the fact that you're both equally to blame gets painted by either side as some sort of nut.

I'd rather see you ALL wiped from the earth than have to listen to all the hypocritical fingerpointing that you all do.
    i disagree with bombing the whole area into oblivion but agree with everything else. it's pointless to try to figure out who is at blame and who is the victim here. maybe things were clearer decades ago but when a conflict has gone on for so long, there are no good guys and bad guys anymore. the whole conflict has just become a geo-political black hole that has sucked the rest of the world in with it and is basically thisclose to resulting in a clash of civilizations. the fanatical zionist settlers and their defenders are just as nuts as the fundamentalist jihadists with bombs strapped to their chests. the real victims are the moderate civilians, both palestinian and israeli, that end up caught in the crossfire.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Good on Mr Jimmy trying to help out with the peace process. Most retired presidents just run around giving speeches for mega bucks or playing golf. He's fully engaged in trying to bring peace to the world and better the lives of every day people of the world.

FINE, i'll evacuate all the "moderate" people who just want peace and a place to live before I glass the fuck out of the area.

But if any of them so much as starts up with a peep of this shit again, they get thrown into the radioactive wasteland and spend the rest of their days fighting off glowing zombies.

^^^^
    deal.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information