Thread: Barack Obama's Pastor Jeremiah Wright slurs Italians in magazine article

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Barack Obama's Pastor Jeremiah Wright slurs Italians in magazine article

Barack Obama's Pastor Slurs Italians in Latest Magazine

Penny Starr

Senior Staff Writer

(CNSNews.com) - Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., pastor emeritus of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago where Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) has been a member for two decades, slurred Italians in a piece published in the most recent issue of Trumpet Newsmagazine.

"(Jesus') enemies had their opinion about Him," Wright wrote in a eulogy of the late scholar Asa Hilliard in the November/December 2007 issue. "The Italians for the most part looked down their garlic noses at the Galileans.

"From the circumstances surrounding Jesus' birth (in a barn in a township that was under the Apartheid Roman government that said his daddy had to be in), up to and including the circumstances surrounding Jesus' death on a cross, a Roman cross, public lynching Italian style. ..." Wright wrote. "He refused to be defined by others and Dr. Asa Hilliard also refused to be defined by others.

"The government runs everything from the White House to the schoolhouse, from the Capitol to the Klan, white supremacy is clearly in charge, but Asa, like Jesus, refused to be defined by an oppressive government because Asa got his identity from an Omnipotent God," said Wright.

Every issue of the magazine published last year included Wright's column, "The Message," in which he covered a range of subjects, including his views on other African-American churches as expressed in his April 2007 commentary "Facing the Rising Sun."

"In a world that is controlled by white supremacy, in a country that is on its way to hell in a hand basket because of lying politicians, in a culture that still thinks 'white is right' and with young people who do not have a clue as to our story, our history, our legacy or our destiny, we still have African-American Christians who are more concerned about 'bling bling' than about freeing our minds," Wright wrote.

In a nationally broadcast speech on March 18, Obama distanced himself from Wright by saying he "condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy." But Obama also said, "I could no more disown him than I could disown the black community." According to his federal income tax return for 2006, Obama gave the Trinity United church that year $22,500 in contributions.

The Clinton campaign has not commented on the controversy, but in an interview Tuesday with the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) said actions speak louder than words.

"He would not have been my pastor," Clinton said. "You don't choose your family, but you choose what church you want to attend.

"You know, I spoke out against Don Imus (a radio talk show host who was fired for making racially insensitive remarks about black female basketball players at Rutgers University), saying that hate speech was unacceptable in any setting, and I believe that," Clinton said.

"I just think you have to speak out against that. You certainly have to do that, if not explicitly, then implicitly by getting up and moving," she added. http://www.crosswalk.com/news/11571660/
    Last edited by ingi; March 27th, 2008 at 04:29 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Barack Obama's Rev. Wright: Israel created a dirty bomb to kill Arabs and Blacks

Posted by Cassy Fiano
    Published: March 26, 2008 - 3:05 PM More from Obama's spiritual advisor and pastor of twenty years, the oh-so-noble Rev. Wright.

Here's the money quote:
    I must tell you that Israel was the closest ally to the White Supremacists of South Africa. In fact, South Africa allowed Israel to test its nuclear weapons in the ocean off South Africa. The Israelis were given a blank check; they could test whenever they desired and did not even have to ask permission. Both worked on an ethnic bomb that killed Blacks and Arabs.
    Now, I'm no physicist or chemist or anything like that. But I have to wonder... how is it that you can make an "ethnic bomb" that will only kill Blacks and Arabs, and leave the Jews and Whitey immune? I can see it now: we put a bunch of white racists, Jews, Blacks, and Arabs into a room and discharge this "ethnic" bomb. Only the Jews and Whitey will be left standing! Woohoo!
    This was published in a church bulletin during "Family Month" (see Media Mythbusters for the image), in which Wright claims its a "great honor" to be labeled a terrorist state by the United States, a la Libya.
    C'mon, didn't you know that Libya wasn't really a terrorist state, but was simply trying to overthrow oppression of Whitey in Africa?
    No?
    Oh well. Aren't you glad to know that this is someone who Barack Obama keeps very close to him? These are just the kind of opinions we need advisors whispering into our President's ear. Obama's Rev. Wright: Israel created a dirty bomb to kill Arabs and Blacks (Wizbang)
    Last edited by ingi; March 27th, 2008 at 04:30 PM.

If Obama does in fact get the nomination, he will probably lose because of things like this. It will matter because of his active choice to associate with Wright for those 20 years. Republicans will slowly beat the drum of unease to a crescendo, and any doubts Americans have about him will show up in the voting booths.
    Burt Johnson: I don't drink because drinking affects your decision-making.
    Arthur: You may be right. I can't decide.

"The Italians for the most part looked down their garlic noses at the Galileans."

I guess Italian bashing is considered acceptable.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; March 27th, 2008 at 12:39 PM.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

I must tell you that Israel was the closest ally to the White Supremacists of South Africa. In fact, South Africa allowed Israel to test its nuclear weapons in the ocean off South Africa. The Israelis were given a blank check; they could test whenever they desired and did not even have to ask permission. Both worked on an ethnic bomb that killed Blacks and Arabs.
    "The Italians for the most part looked down their garlic noses at the Galileans."
    As a Jew who is also a quarter Italian, this guy doubly pisses me off! A bomb that weeds out certain races? What a fucktard!

We get it, Jeremiah Wright is a racist bastard but he's not running for President. I think we should focus more on the man that is and his faults.

We should also just make one big "Bash Clinton Thread" and on big "Bash Obama Thread" and call it a day.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    We get it, Jeremiah Wright is a racist bastard but he's not running for President. I think we should focus more on the man that is and his faults.

We should also just make one big "Bash Clinton Thread" and on big "Bash Obama Thread" and call it a day.
    Agreed and seconded. All in favor?

I also propose we start a "Praise Clinton Thread" and "Praise Obama Thread" so we can move away from all this negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post

whew, i thought it was me, seeing a ton of Obama bashing threads. i agree with you! one big one, get it over with.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by purewine View Post
    Agreed and seconded. All in favor?

I also propose we start a "Praise Clinton Thread" and "Praise Obama Thread" so we can move away from all this negativity.
    I agree. Rev. Wright has his own rap music video now... YouTube - Jeremiah Wright - "Ridin' Dirty"

Thread Information